Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Mikanko ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Great new video from Lily Alexandre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvGOA34z22E

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Sorry pal, I can't help ya, I'm on my union mandated slur break

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That reminds me of a video I just watched about Betteridge's Law.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New sculpt from Something Wicked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkr4O8LLx9Q

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Keffals should definitely not have spent her donation money on ISIS.

you know, last week I told someone that I went to temple to "donate some money to Isis" and I now suddenly realize why they were so shocked

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Lowtax just started uploading content an hour ago after a break of two years following his death

https://www.youtube.com/@GamingGarbage/videos

:thunk:

And so, the zombie outbreak begins

necromany, and necromancy

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Archer666 posted:

I'm going on a short slur break after engaging in a slur hurricane when watching my favorite breadtuber, Vaush.

Vaush, Keffals, et al. are proof that you can take a redditor, give them gender affirming care, put them in a community of fellow queer people, and give them a basic understanding of social politics, and none of that will make them any less racist.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Who made the worst apology this year:

Ukelele no apologies lady
Crime podcast theatre kid man
Beard man in sea of stars
Dude horny about nazis
Computer man who drops everything in his hand

I'm gonna unanimously name ukelele lady the winner because she's the only one nobody needed clarification on

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

A slur break is when you accidentally say something nice about a person and break your combo

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

s-s-s-slur breaker

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I thought it was like a limit break where people on the internet verbally punch you and once you've been punched enough you unleash a heated gamer moment.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Hey, Fam!" The next podcast group that pushes the parasocial aspect and doesn't turn out to be toxic will be the first.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm gonna unanimously name ukelele lady the winner because she's the only one nobody needed clarification on

Amazing that the SBF interview tour of "I was just clueless, no idea what was going on" didn't make the shortlist.

But good call. Colleen Ballinger with the win!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'd never heard of this guy before and went into this video completely blind and was all :psyduck::confused::psyduck::confused::psyduck:

It took an embarrassingly long time for the penny to drop, lol

Something really goofy is how he frequently collabs with the nicest guy in showbiz, Joe Pera.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Lowtax's Youtube bio now links to a Twitter account with all sorts of recent right wing garbage and giveaway retweets. Someone else definitely took over.

Earlier this year I got a flurry of bizarre threats from a young woman Lowtax had been venting to shortly before his suicide. She blamed me for his death, said she was going to track down my family, and seemed to have access to a lot of his info. I wouldn't be surprised if it was her.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Libluini posted:

And so, the zombie outbreak begins

Another SA first

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Lowtax's Youtube bio now links to a Twitter account with all sorts of recent right wing garbage and giveaway retweets. Someone else definitely took over.

Earlier this year I got a flurry of bizarre threats from a young woman Lowtax had been venting to shortly before his suicide. She blamed me for his death, said she was going to track down my family, and seemed to have access to a lot of his info. I wouldn't be surprised if it was her.

Sounds like she and Lowtax were well suited then.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does she have a spine to spare?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DeafNote posted:

The aim of the game is to prevent your opponent from having fun

That's marvel baby!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Also this:

NVB posted:

If you use the waybackmachine etc it shows the associated login e-mail was changed roughly in March.

When you compare the channel details and click view e-mail it was changed from lowtax @ gmail.com to c_reddell @ hotmail.com

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

colleen ballinger (the ukulele lady) started uploading to youtube again and its really funny seeing her vids have like 30k views on a channel with millions of subs.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Endorph posted:

colleen ballinger (the ukulele lady) started uploading to youtube again and its really funny seeing her vids have like 30k views on a channel with millions of subs.

The psychology of this is fascinating. She HAS to know she's done, her "I did nothing wrong" video crossed over from regular Youtube viewers to the population at large, EVERYONE knows she hosed up and wrote an awful song about it, there's no coming back from this.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Vagabong posted:

Sorry pal, I can't help ya, I'm on my union mandated slur break

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The one who was running scams with Lowtax-themed NFTs who was psycho reregging here for a while? Yeah that would make sense.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Does anyone have any good recs for comics/manga channels? Ideally, ones that look at comics history and/or the technical aspects of the mediums.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Danger Diabolik posted:

Does anyone have any good recs for comics/manga channels? Ideally, ones that look at comics history and/or the technical aspects of the mediums.

Unfortunately no. Most of the ones I followed got into a weird 'I'm not saying that comic sales are down specifically because there's a better Wolverine who's a woman but I'm not NOT saying' so I dropped them.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Unfortunately no. Most of the ones I followed got into a weird 'I'm not saying that comic sales are down specifically because there's a better Wolverine who's a woman but I'm not NOT saying' so I dropped them.

Yeah haha, that's why I thought I'd ask for recs haha. I don't want to wade through all that. I stumbled upon https://www.youtube.com/@mattwith4ts and https://www.youtube.com/@ElsaCharretierChannel last week and watched through all their stuff. I need more!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Danger Diabolik posted:

There's Linkara, who mostly deals in western comics, but does occasionally showcase a manga.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Libluini posted:

There's Linkara, who mostly deals in western comics, but does occasionally showcase a manga.

Oh I know Likara haha. I'm looking for industry/process stuff more than reviews or videos that focus on storylines.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Danger Diabolik posted:

Cartoonist Kayfabe is one of the best when it comes to western comics.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Sarah Moon does videos on manga/anime localization, if that's something you're interested in. (She also does more general review/analysis stuff as well, so you'll have to dig if you're specifically only into the industry stuff.)

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

Cartoonist Kayfabe is one of the best when it comes to western comics.

Awesome! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Comic Tropes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?comictropes) does a mix of storyline stuff, list video as well as interviews with creators (like Larry Hama and Daniel Warren Johnson) and broader discussions like "the art of Geof Darrow" or "The 70s Philipino Comics 'Invasion'". He's very earnest and does not appear chuddy at all.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Civvie 11 put out his christmas special https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-NuqCNQSqE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcq0pwr0IKg
Bad Movie Bible's ninja video out now. The section about the "Ninja-matic" era of movies is really interesting.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Danger Diabolik posted:

SFDebris doesn't usually review comics, but he did a pretty great series on the Rise and Fall of the Comics Empire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2KzcSD1pE

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Speaking as a military historian, this is one of the most batshit claims I've ever heard.

The one which made me do a quadruple take was him claiming that some historians state that Hitler had Rohm killed because the latter was fat.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

"the Soviets weren't perceived as strong or sexy as the Nazis because they all wore big coats" is maybe my favorite history take of all time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I dont care how Young and Queer his audience was the fact that people took a guy who said "Hitler killing Ernst Röhm was an early example of fatphobia in a queer space, The Nazi Party" seriously is a stunning indictment of his audiences intelligence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Saagonsa posted:

Mikanko ftw

Well this was horrifying...thanks.