Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/22/us/elijah-mcclain-paramedics-trial-verdict/index.html

holy poo poo this paramedic definitely deserves to be in jail

quote:

During testimony, Cichuniec and Cooper said they estimated McClain to have weighed 200 pounds and gave a 500-milligram dose to McClain, who weighed only 143 pounds. Cichuniec testified the only treatment was to administer ketamine to McClain, who he said was experiencing “excited delirium.”

Cichuniec said Cooper eventually administered the ketamine to McClain’s right deltoid.

During cross-examination by prosecutors, Cichuniec agreed the correct dosage for his estimation of McClain’s body weight should have been 425 milligrams, but he rounded up to 500 milligrams because McClain was exhibiting extra agitation.

Prosecutors then showed the court there was nothing in Cichuniec’s previous ketamine training stating increased dosage should be administered because of higher levels of agitation in a patient. In its cross-examination, prosecutors also showed Cooper his previous ketamine training included warnings of increased side effects and risks, including respiratory depression, if an overdose of ketamine was given.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jason Slothouber also questioned Cooper about why, as heard on bodycam video of the incident shown in court, he never asked questions to McClain about his name, his weight, or his condition.

Tenkaris has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Dec 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

gonna take a controversial stance and say that %100 of the blame for elijah's death is attributable to the cops and none of it is attributable to the paramedics the coward cops called in to do their murdering for them

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
once again, what the gently caress is "excited delirium"

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

gonna take a controversial stance and say that %100 of the blame for elijah's death is attributable to the cops and none of it is attributable to the paramedics the coward cops called in to do their murdering for them

I mean yes the cops called them in and I want them jailed too but read the quote, dude overestimated weight by 1/3rd and then "rounded up" from 425 to 500 on the dosage for no reason, that's not anything close to a reasonable protocol

100% of the blame is just a ridiculous thing to say lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the job and training for paramedics is to heal people, not subdue and murder them. that's like calling in a plumber for electrical work, being armed and in the process of strangling someone in front of them, yelling at them, then getting mad when they hosed up the electrical work they got called in for

100% cops. it's cops all the way down darling

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

the job and training for paramedics is to heal people, not subdue and murder them. that's like calling in a plumber for electrical work, being armed and in the process of strangling someone in front of them, yelling at them, then getting mad when they hosed up the electrical work they got called in for

100% cops. it's cops all the way down darling

idk feels like you're de facto extending blanket immunity to anyone who now assists cops in committing murder in a weird 'following orders' logic

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
if cops told me to murder someone I would refuse :shrug:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Coolness Averted posted:

idk feels like you're de facto extending blanket immunity to anyone who now assists cops in committing murder in a weird 'following orders' logic

without cops there would be no one assisting cops with their murders.

also maybe don't discount how coercive a force armed psychopaths with legal immunity are

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

the job and training for paramedics is to heal people, not subdue and murder them.

sometimes healing involves subduing, and I want anyone with that potentially included in their job description to be held accountable when they are reckless when administering drugs and cause harm or death

and I'm not sorry or crazy for feeling that way

but go off about plumbers or whatever

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Maybe the cops are bad (they are) and the paramedics that k-holed someone to death are also bad

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

500excf type r posted:

Maybe the cops are bad (they are) and the paramedics that k-holed someone to death are also bad

who can say really ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

that's also the one where the cops went and took a bunch of selfies at the murder site with huge poo poo-eating grins

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i have met a few reactionary paramedics who are pretty cozy with the fuzz

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The paramedic only “rounded up” the dose by eighteen percent, which is loving stupid and was done under an unsound rationale but wouldn’t have been fatal without also overestimating the guy’s weight. And yeah estimating a man who weighs one hundred and forty-three pounds as weighing two hundred is pretty inept, but it’s the kind of inept that carries no professional consequences. They can just be bad at estimating sometimes. It happens. It’s why you don’t shoot from the hip unless the patient dies if you don’t try.

Going after the paramedic for bad dosing, while true, is giving cover to the far greater sin of administering any amount of ketamine on cop orders.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cheen posted:

how are you perpetually a 14 year old who hates homework

Chronic Anarchist Syndrome

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
you have to be pretty loving stupid to believe the nazi EMT lie about “miscalculating” the weight then “rounding up.” they gave Elijah 500mg on purpose to punish him and ensure compliance with an unlawful arrest via sedation. they didn’t care about the risk of him dying. 500mg was probably the entire vial. big round number.

e: lol yeah they just banged the entire vial to be punitive and make him comply. they were pretending their malice was just negligence to avoid more prison time

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 11:19 on Dec 24, 2023

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I’ve known a few emts in my time and some of them are pretty normal people doing a really stressful job but also some of them are lovely loving assholes who relentlessly mock the population they serve and never stop bitching about having to give care to poor people they deem unworthy

I think the very end of my reading/posting over in dnd was during the Floyd protests when that conservative rear end in a top hat got shot and the cops chased off the street medic who was treating him and just stood around as he bled out in the street. A bunch of posters were arguing it’s good and proper that the cops chased off the street medic and that the professional emts just stood there and let the cops tell them to not treat him. lol. That’s their philosophy. Gotta stand up for the cops

Emts, like fire fighters, might actually do real and good work unlike cops, but also like firefighters they are individually often so closely aligned to cops that they might as well just put in the uniforms

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Those medics loving sucked and probably also relished the chance to notch a kill just like the cops. Too bad they aren’t Made Men like them, so they’re actually somewhat accountable for their actions.

The responding officers displayed symptoms of excited delirium as they were deliriously giddy to torture and murder yet another black man.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
EMTs are just healthcare cops

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Emts, like fire fighters, might actually do real and good work unlike cops, but also like firefighters they are individually often so closely aligned to cops that they might as well just put in the uniforms

we can worry about the reactionary firefighters and emts after getting rid of cops.

murder cops getting totally exonerated while the thin blue nitrile line takes the rap keeps the cops on the street and closes the issue as justice served. even if the emts were little netanyahus looking to murder the oppressed, they need cop instigation to do it.

cops are sufficient and necessary for elijah to have been murdered, emts are neither. without cops that kid would still be alive and doing good in the world. without emts he would still be dead

the cops are absolutely the causal locus of his murder. the emts getting the punishment isn't even a pyrrhic victory. it just makes the cops stronger by providing another demonstration that they can murder without consequence

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

they got one out of three cops for a negligent homicide charge that maxes out at 3 years, fired three other cops for taking selfies at the murder site, and then this poo poo with the EMTs where we haven't seen sentencing yet

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

everything about this story is so surprising...
Woman sues LA, says her husband sent nude photos of her to co-workers. He’s a cop. So is she

www.seattletimes.com - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 posted:

One year after a Los Angeles police officer was charged with six misdemeanor counts for allegedly sending sexually explicit photos and videos of his wife to LAPD colleagues and other men, the woman, also a police officer, is suing the city of Los Angeles.

The woman’s lawsuit, filed Wednesday, charges the department with sexual harassment, whistleblower retaliation and failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent sexual harassment and retaliation. She seeks unspecified damages.

A representative for the city attorney’s office did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

The plaintiff’s husband, Brady Lamas, is awaiting trial on six counts of disorderly conduct by distributing a private intimate image, according to a criminal complaint filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court last December.

The complaint alleges that Lamas, 46, passed “around sexually explicit photographs and sexually explicit videos” of his wife to other LAPD officers.

“My own husband is a predator, and he preyed on me. I would have preferred that he punched me in the face,” she wrote when applying for a restraining order against Lamas.

His actions, she claims, led to her being sexually harassed by other officers in the department, behavior that she alleges has continued over the last year.

Two officers, whom she claims made harassing comments, were not transferred, and according to the suit, the LAPD did nothing to ensure that the images would no longer be shared by any of the officers who had obtained them.

“The department simply did not care enough to do all that was necessary to protect plaintiff,” the suit states, thereby encouraging a hostile work environment and damaging the plaintiff’s career.

Identified in the original charging document by her first name and last initial, she has worked for the LAPD for 14 years and in the course of her career has received numerous commendations and awards.

She originally came upon the explicit images in January 2021 when she saw a group chat on her husband’s phone in which Lamas shared nude photos and videos with a man she didn’t know.

The discovery, she wrote, helped explain the sexually harassing comments that had been directed toward her, which she did not understand. At the time, the comments seemed “unusual,” but she did not know about the images Lamas had sent by text message, WhatsApp and the messaging app Kik.

Upon discovering the images on Lamas’ phone, she felt “frozen and in fear,” she wrote in the filing. The images had left her humiliated. Lamas was a “predator” whose actions were “tantamount to a sexual assault.”

She alleged he had surreptitiously taken photos of her naked body during several visits at a doctor’s office after she had breast augmentation surgery. She claimed he then shared the images with other men, referring to them as “before and after pics,” according to the filing.

Some of the male LAPD employees who had received the explicit images would approach her at work, staring at her “intently” and making comments such as “Brady is a lucky man” and “He doesn’t know how good he has it,” according to the filing.

She reported Lamas to her supervisor, filed a report with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department station in Santa Clarita and was interviewed by the Internal Affairs Division.

At the time, the LAPD issued a statement saying it was cooperating with the Sheriff’s Department and the district attorney’s office and was “troubled by the officer’s alleged off-duty conduct which does not reflect the values of the Los Angeles Police Department.”

Yet she said she was afraid to return to work and predicted that the harassment would continue.

“What is worse is this humiliation will keep repeating, perhaps forever, because the private pictures and graphic videos are now in the hands of strangers and multiple co-workers at the LAPD,” she wrote.

The case is the latest in a series of explicit-photo-sharing scandals to rock the department in recent years.

The city paid out $1.5 million in 2020 to settle a lawsuit by an LAPD detective who accused a fellow officer of beating her and threatening to share sexually explicit images he had secretly taken if she tried to end their relationship.

And in September, a jury awarded an LAPD captain $4 million in damages after she sued the city over a nude photograph that was doctored to look like her and shared around the department.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
In unrelated news, a scientific breakthrough: in a discovery defying all laws of physics, CERN has detected a particle somewhere between the diameter of a neutrino and the Planck length that emit the kind of vibrations one would expect from the absolute tiniest of violens

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I'm seeing a lot of problematic posts in this thread so just a friendly reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9U7YhXFDIA
This isnt so bad really. It happened a long time ago and the culture has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0YmzNsQDDs
This is like if 57 holocausts happened at the same time to two people. Just beyond the pale. Inhuman some would say. "No one even tried to help! :qq:"

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Also lmbo at this

https://twitter.com/50shadesofblac4/status/1740539307709038766

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.berkshireeagle.com/news...add19ecf52.html

lol this story was much worse than I thought

edit:

https://archive.is/Cro5R

Demon Of The Fall has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Dec 29, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
paywalled

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

How did this guy even know where to try and go. He loving lost the guy by time he got back in his car

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

KomradeX posted:

How did this guy even know where to try and go. He loving lost the guy by time he got back in his car

The dash camera doesn't work very well at night. You can see the guy he's chasing turn a corner really fast at 1:19. He doesn't really lose track of the guy until about 1:35. I guess he didn't slow down then because of adrenaline/stupidity.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

They have, like, radios and helicopters. Even the cops in GTA know that. You do not have to chase a massive, loud purple car to catch them. loving idiot pigs.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They have, like, radios and helicopters. Even the cops in GTA know that. You do not have to chase a massive, loud purple car to catch them. loving idiot pigs.

But it's fun!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
dude would've been driving that way regardless of any pursuit tbh

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The dash camera doesn't work very well at night. You can see the guy he's chasing turn a corner really fast at 1:19. He doesn't really lose track of the guy until about 1:35. I guess he didn't slow down then because of adrenaline/stupidity.

I guess the camera doesn't pick it up well cause I thought maybe it was that initial guy when he gets off the highway into the residential neighborhood but even than I still couldn't tell.

But good on that cop for owning himself instead of just getting the license plate dealing with it the smart way, all because he wanted to live out a movie scene

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

dude would've been driving that way regardless of any pursuit tbh

yea well it appears he can also drive better than the pigs too so there’s that part.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

the part that sucks is that they’ll slap an attempted murder of a government official charge onto that driver’s grandma when they finally look up the license plate.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1741445171374416216

another family annihilator

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Dude killed a cop and his whole family? That's hardcore, must be one of those violent radical leftist Antifa types I keep hearing about

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
The ghost of Chris Dorner strikes again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

A family became bullet riddled due to a firearm discharging in the immediate area according to a peace officer who was present at the scene.