Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

No Dignity posted:

The 'important' characters like Krusty and Burns never remember the Simpsons but that's because they're rich and up their own asses, but like Smithers does remember the Simpsons and will rattle off all the plots they've had together because he's an intermeditary between the big people and the little people. I think the show would recognise Krusty and Maclure know each other, they're both fading celebrities still in the game and probably know each other from some lovely b-movie they filmed together or meeting at a party in the Hollywood district of Springfield

Given both are shameless hacks who'll perform in literally anything I'd be shocked if they'd been in less than a dozen things together, though they might not be able to agree on exactly what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

the chuck that formerly owned sneed's is canonically named charles tamzarian

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Data Graham posted:

I thought I read at some point that this was literally the result of someone doing a global search-replace

What about Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The short felt a little more Early Adult Swim than Classic Simpsons, but I don't know that that's necessarily a complaint.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

People up in arms about Chuck's Feed & Seed for some reason

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

Toxic Mental posted:

People up in arms about Chuck's Feed & Seed for some reason

Cause chucks suck and gently caress doesn't make as much sense contextually and also isn't as funny as chucks seed and feed, but was apparently what the writers intended.

Idk I just think it was a good joke changed to a worse joke but whatever I'm not gonna argue about it. Just my personal opinion. Apparently the originalists are mad that people like me think chucks seed and feed is funny and that chucks suck and gently caress isn't.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It was season 11, it was always Chuck's gently caress and Suck and nothing else

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i will never forgive sneed’s seed and feed for providing grist for all of those “10 jokes that animators slipped past the censors” cracked style articles that then became “how the simpsons is edgier than you think” youtube essays that i assume in the future are the dominos that will eventually lead to some gen alpha dictator called either “travis” or “fluffyfox80” issuing decrees called “why you can be exiled to the Poison Lands even if you do everything the compliance robots ask of you”

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Cosmik Debris posted:

Cause chucks suck and gently caress doesn't make as much sense contextually and also isn't as funny as chucks seed and feed, but was apparently what the writers intended.

Idk I just think it was a good joke changed to a worse joke but whatever I'm not gonna argue about it. Just my personal opinion. Apparently the originalists are mad that people like me think chucks seed and feed is funny and that chucks suck and gently caress isn't.

refusing to parse this

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

Tree Goat posted:

refusing to parse this

If you're mad then cool. It's not that big of a deal.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Cosmik Debris posted:

If you're mad then cool. It's not that big of a deal.

no i just don't understand it

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

Tree Goat posted:

no i just don't understand it

Some people got it as chucks suck and gently caress, some didn't. Those who are mad about it tend to be in the former camp, who contend that it's the only way it's funny and don't like the chucks seed and feed interpretation.

I thought it was chucks seed and feed. When I found out it wasn't I just thought, "huh. That's less funny to me".

But either way it's an opinion so ultimately it doesn't matter.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
oh i get what you are saying now

are there really big "it was literally called suck & gently caress" vs "it was still called seed & feed, the setup is just meant to make you think it was called suck & gently caress" opposing camps at this, just like there are "homer is referring to when scorpio said goodbye to his shoe just then" vs. "homer saw somebody else say goodbye to a shoe previously" camps, or "ralph is like the viking of sleep" vs. "ralph dreams he is a viking when asleep" camps

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Empires have fallen on smaller schisms

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Lord Palmerston!

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

Tree Goat posted:

oh i get what you are saying now

are there really big "it was literally called suck & gently caress" vs "it was still called seed & feed, the setup is just meant to make you think it was called suck & gently caress" opposing camps at this, just like there are "homer is referring to when scorpio said goodbye to his shoe just then" vs. "homer saw somebody else say goodbye to a shoe previously" camps, or "ralph is like the viking of sleep" vs. "ralph dreams he is a viking when asleep" camps

Yes, over on /r/simpsonsshitposting it was a major thing for a while and I got down voted a lot for liking it the apparently wrong way.

But like I said I'm personally of the opinion that like what you think is funnier.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You got downvoted because you're wrong and I'm gonna beat your rear end

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

Ow my rear end. I'm not supposed to get beat on it

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

You Are A Werewolf posted:

The absolutely stupidest cringiest episode title is "E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt).” Yes, we all know what it really means, but it’s just a butt poo poo title.

Doesn’t help that the episode is also butt poo poo terrible.

I like Lenny agreeing with Homer that it’s not actually dangerous to give him plutonium.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Data Graham posted:

The scene: 10,000 years after humanity’s extinction, a barren planet lays wasted and forgotten. A smattering of weathered stone monuments are the only existence of a once great civilization. Aliens are scouting and mapping the wasteland planet when they come across some ancient scribbles not spoken or read in a decamillennium. They decipher the strange tongue with their advanced translation technology:

“Chuck’s gently caress & Suck”

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm sincerely having a little trouble parsing the "Chuck's Seed & Feed" angle. So the idea is that you're supposed to think it was Suck & gently caress, but it's actually not and your mind was making it dirtier than the actual store name?

I guess I'm a little lost as to where the intervention comes in to correct the dirty version. Usually that sort of joke works like the Miss Susie rhyme, where the intervention is the punchline. Isn't that missing here? Or is the intervention meant to be that the sign acknowledges "Chuck" as the sole change, and you're meant to take it verbatim?

Not mad. Just too tired and trying to understand stuff in the Simpsons thread.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Das Boo posted:

I'm sincerely having a little trouble parsing the "Chuck's Seed & Feed" angle. So the idea is that you're supposed to think it was Suck & gently caress, but it's actually not and your mind was making it dirtier than the actual store name?

I guess I'm a little lost as to where the intervention comes in to correct the dirty version. Usually that sort of joke works like the Miss Susie rhyme, where the intervention is the punchline. Isn't that missing here? Or is the intervention meant to be that the sign acknowledges "Chuck" as the sole change, and you're meant to take it verbatim?

Not mad. Just too tired and trying to understand stuff in the Simpsons thread.

i mean i just learned about this debate like seven hours ago but yeah, that's my assumption, that your brain is meant to fill in suck & gently caress before course-correcting and realizing that it was just name change but remained seed & feed the whole time.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

What if Chuck’s was never a gently caress & Suck to begin with, but a mononymous business name with a much more innocent business model, like a diner, a mattress store, or an agricultural machinery parts depot?

I mean, we don’t call it Wendy’s Hamburgers, we just say, “Hey, I’m going to Wendy’s. You want anything?” What if Chuck’s was just a hamburger joint and the writers of the gag have been trolling us for the past 24 years?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The sign reads Sneed's Feed and Seed, Formerly Chuck's. Now of course this Feed and Seed store was probably a Feed and Seed store before, but the rhyming pattern of Sneed's Feed and Seed makes you think Chuck's Suck and gently caress. So either the store was originally Chuck's Feed and Seed and the dirtiness is all in your head, or Chuck's gently caress and Suck for some reason became a Feed and Seed. Both jokes work, but one is definitely more subtle than the other.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Okay, got it! I, too, never knew there was another school of thought on the joke.

I also never knew about Homer referring to what he just saw as the one time he saw a guy yell at shoes, but I honestly like that version of the joke better.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
Chuck Sneed renamed Chuck's Seed & Feed to Sneed's Seed and Feed because people called it Chuck's Suck and gently caress

There are you happy now

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Greg12 posted:

Chuck Sneed renamed Chuck's Seed & Feed to Sneed's Seed and Feed because people called it Chuck's Suck and gently caress

There are you happy now

hegel would say this also

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

over on /r/simpsonsshitposting

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

Not to beat a thoroughly dead and desiccated horse, but my interpretation of that joke did not consider the suck & gently caress angle at all.

To me it was poking fun at cutesy store names. Think "Todd's Odd's 'n' Ends (formerly Dave's)".

Like, you'd think a store called Sneed's Feed & Seed would be a "cutesy" name, like someone thinking they're being really clever, and they put a lot of thought into it and got really excited about their cutesy name. But actually, it's not a cutesy, clever name. It's purely pragmatic. They just bought the store from Chuck. And It was called Chuck's Seed & Feed. Which is why they felt the need to connect the two - logically, if people went looking for Chuck's Seed & Feed but found Sneed's, they'd say, oh, this is the same store and Sneed bought it from Chuck. I'm in the right place, so I can continue with my purchases. Which, to me, make's perfect sense. It's a sensible thing for a store owner to do - let his customers know they're in the right place, but that there's been a change of management.

I was surprised when I learned of the suck & gently caress interpretation. The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & gently caress" is, first of all, a little hard to believe, even if it had been a brothel originally. But then, why feel the need to logically connect the two? Who needs to know that a farm supply store used to be a brothel? It's a joke, for sure, but honestly I just feel like it kinda cheapened the bit - at least to me, personally. I am painfully aware how people feel about it being an hilarious joke, under the suck & gently caress interpretation. But to me, it's just kinda...sophomoric. I guess since it's season 11 that makes sense, though.

Again, I'm aware that this is the wrong interpretation, but, personally, I prefer it. I don't like low-brow humor as much as a lot of people, I like jokes that make you think. And, originally, the joke made me think. But apparently I overthought it.

So yeah, I'm dumb AND a jerk to boot. So don't bother pointing it out.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah that's great dude

(pssst mods, where are you)

You really said it my man

(mods please probe, god, help us)

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

Greg12 posted:

There are you happy now

you would think so but, no, people widely believe it was actually called chuck's suck and gently caress in the past.

quote:

In the post, Robinson detailed the hidden innuendo in the title by pointing out the correlation of "Sneed, feed and seed" all ending with the suffix "-eed," meaning Chuck's former ownership would imply the "-uck" suffix instead — leading to the store formerly being "Chuck's gently caress & Suck" if following the initial starting letters.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sneeds-feed-and-seed

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah that's great dude

(pssst mods, where are you)

You really said it my man

(mods please probe, god, help us)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cosmik Debris posted:

Not to beat a thoroughly dead and desiccated horse, but my interpretation of that joke did not consider the suck & gently caress angle at all.

To me it was poking fun at cutesy store names. Think "Todd's Odd's 'n' Ends (formerly Dave's)".

Like, you'd think a store called Sneed's Feed & Seed would be a "cutesy" name, like someone thinking they're being really clever, and they put a lot of thought into it and got really excited about their cutesy name. But actually, it's not a cutesy, clever name. It's purely pragmatic. They just bought the store from Chuck. And It was called Chuck's Seed & Feed. Which is why they felt the need to connect the two - logically, if people went looking for Chuck's Seed & Feed but found Sneed's, they'd say, oh, this is the same store and Sneed bought it from Chuck. I'm in the right place, so I can continue with my purchases. Which, to me, make's perfect sense. It's a sensible thing for a store owner to do - let his customers know they're in the right place, but that there's been a change of management.

I was surprised when I learned of the suck & gently caress interpretation. The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & gently caress" is, first of all, a little hard to believe, even if it had been a brothel originally. But then, why feel the need to logically connect the two? Who needs to know that a farm supply store used to be a brothel? It's a joke, for sure, but honestly I just feel like it kinda cheapened the bit - at least to me, personally. I am painfully aware how people feel about it being an hilarious joke, under the suck & gently caress interpretation. But to me, it's just kinda...sophomoric. I guess since it's season 11 that makes sense, though.

Again, I'm aware that this is the wrong interpretation, but, personally, I prefer it. I don't like low-brow humor as much as a lot of people, I like jokes that make you think. And, originally, the joke made me think. But apparently I overthought it.

So yeah, I'm dumb AND a jerk to boot. So don't bother pointing it out.

Please stop talking about this

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm getting more windy vibes than jerk vibes. You're a very windy person.

Like that shrimp on futurama.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That Lasagna Cat video taking an hour to appreciate a 3 panel Garfield comic was pretty funny, tho.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

What even is the point of dissing someone for explaining an alternate interpretation of a joke after multiple people asked for an explanation? that's more of a reddit thing.

Cosmik Debris fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 24, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey guys, I'm a bit lost with this one can someone explain this joke to me:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the other side?

Do chickens just like the other side of roads? Do people just think the other sides of roads are funny. I would assume one side of the road is on average going to be just as funny as the other side of a road. Like what's going on here??????

K thx bye!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
You jest, but there are wars on that joke.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The real punchline hits you hours later on the drive home when you wonder why someone go all that way to gently caress Chuck? It makes no sense!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
clearly it was a mens-only brothel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

The real punchline hits you hours later on the drive home when you wonder why someone go all that way to gently caress Chuck? It makes no sense!

It was the only game in town after the Sex Cauldron closed