Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happiness posted:

they keep getting divorced and remarried because she wants to break another one of her father's records

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This looks like the Get Back documentary where they made Ringo smooth

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Happiness posted:

they keep getting divorced and remarried because she wants to break another one of her father's records

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1738590308860871083?t=ocmP_jFIXM32JSTuyKfUPQ&s=19

Hmm. I'm not that familiar with All Japan nowadays. Only thing I know of them is that Yoshitatsu and Tajiri are listed on the roster.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Okuteru posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1738590308860871083?t=ocmP_jFIXM32JSTuyKfUPQ&s=19

Hmm. I'm not that familiar with All Japan nowadays. Only thing I know of them is that Yoshitatsu and Tajiri are listed on the roster.

Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kento Miyahara are two of the best wrestlers in the world. Apart from Nakajima's habit of concussing people.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/007typeshi/status/1738377896190788070?s=20

I thought the camera work was meant to have improved?

Never trust anyone who watches WWE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/007typeshi/status/1738377896190788070?s=20

I thought the camera work was meant to have improved?

In the sense of what the tweet's saying, it's a shame because it honestly sounds like Cole himself was getting into the match.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
WWE heard AEW was creating a fake Triple Crown so they had one of their guys challenge for the real one.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That is actually a big crowd. If all those people decide to buy tickets and they aren't interested in the wrestling what are they coming for? Like legit?

Or are they into the wrestling but just dont like to cheer?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

That is actually a big crowd. If all those people decide to buy tickets and they aren't interested in the wrestling what are they coming for? Like legit?

They don't like the wrestling and are there for all the in-between parts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

there are that many people who want to see the inbetween parts? why? Clearly there are less fans of wrestling than there are fans of the inbetween parts but what about these shows makes people want to blow an evening watching that?

Maybe i'll just never understand.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Think about it from the average WWE fans perspective, it's 2 guys who don't matter in the most boring part of the show, the matches. They'll cheer for something real.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kento Miyahara are two of the best wrestlers in the world. Apart from Nakajima's habit of concussing people.

Yuma Aoyagi is right up there too.

Honestly, whatever. All Japan has earned the benefit of the doubt with how great 2023 has been. Granted, I'd hoped X was Naoya Nomura returning but I always hope it is Nomura returning.

They've proven themselves a great place for guys to develop, would much prefer if it's Donovan Dijak or Tyler Bate (tbh Bate is probably too small, All Japan likes size) but whatever, Nakajima or Miyahara would get a passable match out of BeePee.

Part that gives me the fear is talent going the other way. Yuma Anzai needs to stay where he is.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shard posted:

I think they just want to see famous people. It's like how Netflix doesn't have to put any effort into their original movies anymore, they just stuff them with enough famous people that hit enough different demographics and it will do huge numbers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

This was the first SD Reigns was advertised for since October and the first show he'd been on since November

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1730300665103061382

(This SD was taped last week)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It sucks that AJPW is working with NXT because as All Japan is starting to get hot of course WWE is there to make sure it doesn’t last. I hope I’m wrong, but my hopes are not high.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It seemed like there was noise for that segment. Was it piped in? (If it's super obvious don't mind me. I have a bad eye/ear for detail).

Related: you know what? If fans only show up for the big names shouldn't WWE start pivoting from the guy who only shows up once in a blue moon? Not that I'm expecting logic from WWE but...ok yeah it makes perfect sense that they wouldn't.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Okuteru posted:

Lol. WWE can't even bother to partner them with the main roster.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I mean, they're trying to butter up Okada, so sending Nakamura to job to Kento or Nakajima probably wouldn't send the right message

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rip all japan

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Ilja Dragunov vs. Kento Miyahara is now a match I really want to see

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Davros1 posted:

Yeah they’re trying to recruit people to sign, not trying to uplift AJPW

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

always be closing (other promotions)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cody signed a new contract in october

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Shard posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if part of the problem is that WWE has just trained its audience to stop chanting and cheering so much. They let their chant culture starve by being boring as poo poo for years (and also not having an audience at all for a bit because of pandemics), and now it's hot but people just don't want to cheer even if they think it's cool.

(Insert conversation about how hostile WWE's show structure is to an entertaining live show experience and how that makes the whole "no crowd noise" thing worse here.)

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Shard posted:

Wasn’t last night’s smackdown the 2nd one of a double taping? If so those people had probably been there for 4+ hours at that point, drank too many $12 Miller Lights, and were dragging pretty hard. Gotta conserve energy for the last match and all

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

cody signed a new contract in october

Apparently this info was wrong. Shambles Ross Sapp

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The_Rob posted:

Yeah they’re trying to recruit people to sign, not trying to uplift AJPW

Yoshitatsu please go back to the states, Triple H misses you

e: Or Onita for maximum lols

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

every time that cody signs a new contract the codybus gets 10 feet longer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

There’s a reason many here call him yawn dross crap…

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I thought this was Beepie

https://x.com/sissyboiqt/status/1738358123558052164?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'll never get that mindset but I know plenty of people who feel that way. I'm watching wrestling so I want to see wrestling and the parts in-between should only exist to set up more wrestling. If I want to see bad sketch comedy I'll just watch old episodes of Mad TV.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1738631777780900313

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1738575201011400726

Cmon Beepie challenge for that triple crown

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1738575201011400726

Cmon Beepie challenge for that triple crown

beepie vs bob sapp, book it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

SRS reported that they just wanted to re-sign him (duh) Dave said he signed in October.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Because the story doesn't finish until Cody's contracts run dry.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

He will carry the brand into the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody should come back to AEW. He’s wasted in the fed