Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

1glitch0 posted:

:siren: Turnip Boy Robs a Bank has been added to the Game Pass coming soon row for January 18th. :siren:

If you missed out on the first Turnip Boy game Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion you have a little under a month to rectify that!

Oh hell yeah. Turnip Boy is a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Fanatic posted:

Same but I got it through Games with Gold like 7 years ago (back when GwG was good).

The traversal felt so good after you get the hang of it and unlock all the abilities.

Yah it was super fun. Just a silly good time. I played through to the end credits and enjoyed it immensely!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

1glitch0 posted:

:siren: Turnip Boy Robs a Bank has been added to the Game Pass coming soon row for January 18th. :siren:

If you missed out on the first Turnip Boy game Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion you have a little under a month to rectify that!

I’ve been meaning to finish it.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 16, 2024

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Not sure if it's on Game Pass, but Anthem is now discounted to 90 freaking cents. That's 0.90.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Not sure if it's on Game Pass, but Anthem is now discounted to 90 freaking cents. That's 0.90.

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR! (or less)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i woldn't play that poo poo for free

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i woldn't play that poo poo for free

It's mechanically fine to good but then everything else is terrible. $.90 seems reasonable to me for the curious.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Play the campaign solo or co-op and then out. There are worse games out there like current CoD

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
For real tho if you want to play a mobile robot game just get a job and buy AC6.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JBP posted:

For real tho if you want to play a mobile robot game just get a job and buy AC6.

Why not both? :q:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

It is in fact part of Game Pass PC and Ultimate via EA Play.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

1glitch0 posted:

Cool. I hope they fixed the controls.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

welcome posted:

Cool. I hope they fixed the controls.

Been a while since I played it, but what was the issue with controls?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

On The Internet posted:

Been a while since I played it, but what was the issue with controls?

Tax Evasion had three tools that you had to swap around on one button, and also had three completely unused controller buttons. It's like they designed it for mobile or something and never bothered to update it.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

otter posted:

I’ve been meaning to finish it.

It's a 2 hour game, 3 hours for 100%

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

quote:

The teen hacker who leaked footage of Rockstar Games Inc.'s upcoming Grand Theft Auto VI installment and hacked into technology firm Nvidia Corp. was placed in a secure hospital by a British judge.

Arion Kurtaj, 18, and a 17-year-old male, who can't be identified, were convicted of being part of the notorious hacking group Lapsus$. They were found guilty of serious computer misuse, blackmail and fraud against BT Group Plc.'s EE network and Nvidia in August after a seven-week criminal trial. Kurtaj was also found to have hacked into Uber Technologies Inc., fintech firm Revolut Ltd., and Rockstar Games.

Judge Patricia Lees ruled Kurtaj should be placed in a secure hospital until a mental health tribunal decides he can leave in the future. Lees found Kurtaj was still fixated with hacking and likely to offend again. Kurtaj was previously found unfit to stand a traditional trial because of his complex autistic-spectrum disorder.

The jury was told that while he was on bail for hacking Nvidia and BT/EE and in police protection at a Travelodge hotel, he continued hacking and carried out his most infamous hack.

Despite having his laptop confiscated, Kurtaj managed to breach Rockstar, the company behind GTA, using an Amazon Firestick, his hotel TV and a mobile phone.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

Despite having his laptop confiscated, Kurtaj managed to breach Rockstar, the company behind GTA, using an Amazon Firestick, his hotel TV and a mobile phone.

this guys been playing too much watch dogs

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nYRx3fPNO4

Love Vampire Survivors :allears:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

that kid ain't going to jail he's getting a government job

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

gently caress was Vampire Survivors even at the game awards??

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SUNKOS posted:

gently caress was Vampire Survivors even at the game awards??

I think it was nominated last year

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lmao we got a Kevin Mitnick on our hands. Reset the clock!

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

SUNKOS posted:

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEe1uzurKo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

hard as gently caress

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm having a lot of fun in House Flipper cleaning up houses, but sometimes there's jobs that involve stuff like "please move the bathroom to the ground floor" that require busting down walls and such. I never seem be able to get those done 100% for some reason.

Just let me clean up frat houses!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jesus this thing is turning into Fortnite, soon there will be kart racing.

And im here for it :krad:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

TrueAchievements posted their yearly 100 most popular Xbox games.

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/most-popular-xbox-games-2023

The top 4 is as expected but nice to see Starfield in 5th place :

1) Minecraft
2) Grand Theft Auto V
3) Fortnite
4) Call of Duty
5) Starfield

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I love that Goldeneye and AoE2 made the list.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Crazy that Stardew Valley keeps on trucking along too

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It's been crazy for EA games sales. I picked up insanely cheap Dead Space Remake, Immortals of Aveum, Jedi Fallen Order and Anthem (less than 1 eurobuck!).

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

John F Bennett posted:

TrueAchievements posted their yearly 100 most popular Xbox games.

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/most-popular-xbox-games-2023

The top 4 is as expected but nice to see Starfield in 5th place :

1) Minecraft
2) Grand Theft Auto V
3) Fortnite
4) Call of Duty
5) Starfield

A shameful list tbh, but at least Starfield has the excuse of being the next big Bethesda game

e: GTA V is the most surprising to me, because the online can be fun but it's also has some of the scummiest monetization I've seen outside of mobile games. I guess I am just assuming that it's people playing online driving up those numbers but GTAV is a pretty fun game for loving around in so maybe not

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

A shameful list tbh, but at least Starfield has the excuse of being the next big Bethesda game

e: GTA V is the most surprising to me, because the online can be fun but it's also has some of the scummiest monetization I've seen outside of mobile games. I guess I am just assuming that it's people playing online driving up those numbers but GTAV is a pretty fun game for loving around in so maybe not

Irs almost certainly like 99% online players id wager

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kri kri posted:

Irs almost certainly like 99% online players id wager

Makes sense because you have to grind endlessly for money if you want to play with all the fun new toys they keep putting in the game, or pay exorbitant prices for in game money that can maybe get you a car or two.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

I don't know, all those games are really fun and have good to great gameplay. Often the issue with these games is the monetization. Like Fortnite is absolutely one of the most mindblowing games I've ever played, it's crazy how much content you are getting for free and the battlepass is so so loving generous, you don't have to pay $50 then grind 10-20 hours to unlock everything.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ulio posted:

I don't know, all those games are really fun and have good to great gameplay. Often the issue with these games is the monetization. Like Fortnite is absolutely one of the most mindblowing games I've ever played, it's crazy how much content you are getting for free and the battlepass is so so loving generous, you don't have to pay $50 then grind 10-20 hours to unlock everything.

Yet starfield has neither of those

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Thinkin about Jedi Survivor but cant help but wonder if 50% off means game pass is imminent

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Scuba Trooper posted:

Thinkin about Jedi Survivor but cant help but wonder if 50% off means game pass is imminent

I think it’ll be on game pass via the lower tier EA Play sub probably pretty soon. It definitely will be there at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Doesn't every single EA game end up on gamepass ultimate eventually?