Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rebel Moon Part 1 streams are now complete. Thank you to all the goons who showed up! Hope you enjoyed :)

I'll be back in April for Part 1 rewatch stream leading up to the premiere of Part 2 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is Rebel Moon good enough that I should wait for a 4k release? I wanna watch it but I can only find it in 1080p, and it's getting such mixed reviews (tending toward bad) that I have to imagine I'm just gonna be disappointed if I wait.

e: oops, didn't see there's actually a Rebel Moon thread, sorry.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm waiting on the director's cut. Life's too short to watch half a movie

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It is insane that Netflix just voluntarily Snyder Cut'd themselves. Christ you gave him the money already just let the man cook

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

2house2fly posted:

I'm waiting on the director's cut. Life's too short to watch half a movie

It's so fuckin baffling, like it's coming out AFTER part 2? And he's out there talkin about how it's like a totally different movie (which we already saw with DC).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I would have loved to see the stream but I had prior engagements.

I haven’t seen it yet, so regardless of if it’s true or true in spirit, I want to describe it to someone as Star Wars where they say “gently caress.”

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

No Dignity posted:

It is insane that Netflix just voluntarily Snyder Cut'd themselves. Christ you gave him the money already just let the man cook

To me at least, it reads as them trying to engineer their own #releasethesnydercut viral magic. I don't think it's going to work the way they want it to.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I haven’t seen it yet, so regardless of if it’s true or true in spirit, I want to describe it to someone as Star Wars where they say “gently caress.”

I don't recall there being any swears except the protagonist, Kora, calling a character a "piece of poo poo". No cases of Batman saying gently caress in this cut.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Dreqqus posted:

To me at least, it reads as them trying to engineer their own #releasethesnydercut viral magic. I don't think it's going to work the way they want it to.

He Batman v. Supermaned himself. :( I am completely baffled by this.

I love everything the dude has ever made and I'm waiting for the real thing next year. Making two versions was whatever, but releasing them months apart is just dumb. I know I'm not the only one who'll pass on this shortcut version, time is precious and there are other things to do besides watch the Cliff's Notes version or whatever.

Pssst... Netflix execs... as noted above, the viral thing wasn't #snydercut it was #RELEASETHEsnydercut. Because it wasn't going to be released. And we were never going to get to see it and would have to spend the rest of loving eternity with that utter dogshit Joss Whedon barfed out of his mouth-anus as the capper to two of the best superhero films we're ever likely to get. Even though it was already 90% done and just sitting there. THAT'S why it went viral, not because they were always going to release it and just wanted to confuse us first by releasing an inferior version.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

No Dignity posted:

Studios put out inferior cuts as a matter of course, I'm just happy that Zack is at a point in his career where he has the clout to ensure they release a proper cut at some point. Like Ridley Scott and Napoleon.

I hope Gareth Edwards can get a fuller version of The Creator one day, that one felt like a potentially great one cut down to merely pretty good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

This would be wrong because no one says gently caress and there's no blood.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It’s also only not really like Star Wars.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gently caress: A Star Wars Story

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

This would be wrong because no one says gently caress and there's no blood.

Hopefully in the R rated cut.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gently caress, a Star Wars Story

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Rebel Moon: The Fuckgiver

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hopefully in the R rated cut.

I think Kai will probably drop some F-bombs in the extended cut.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

josh04 posted:

Rebel Moon: The Fuckgiver

Rebel Moon: The Child of loving, Obviously

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grendels Dad posted:

Rebel Moon: The Child of loving, Obviously

directed by bryan singer

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The voiceover at the beginning is definitely a Star Wars crawl, without anyone to tell them to edit it down to a quarter of its original length. I don't need to hear the history of the Severan Dynasty, dude.

A bit later, a lady just says "So there's this genius general who's living in exile. I'm going to go convince him to join us" and everyone just goes with it. That's the way to do it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rebels for nothing and your Moons for free

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rebel Wilson moon

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Rebel Moon Bloodgood

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i liked it but lol that this is being called star wars when it's so clearly warhammer 40. absolutely been cut by 33% though, so, i think the director's cut edition will be much better.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Warhammer 26667

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Just watched Rebel Moon and it kinda owned? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno, all the reviews said it kinda sucked and Watchmen and Army of the Dead both really sucked, so this was a shock to me!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Simiain posted:

Just watched Rebel Moon and it kinda owned? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno, all the reviews said it kinda sucked and Watchmen and Army of the Dead both really sucked, so this was a shock to me!

Its been a bit of an open secret amongst Snyder heads that movie critics hate Zacks guts for some reason. There’s no other way to square the gulf between the actual quality of the movie to the savaging it got in the reviews.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

McCloud posted:

Its been a bit of an open secret amongst Snyder heads that movie critics hate Zacks guts for some reason. There’s no other way to square the gulf between the actual quality of the movie to the savaging it got in the reviews.

My dude, it's a perfectly reasonable take to see Rebel Moon and think it sucked. It's a boring mess.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

glasnost toyboy posted:

My dude, it's a perfectly reasonable take to see Rebel Moon and think it sucked. It's a boring mess.

For a quote-unquote normal viewer, sure. But they were talking about movie critics/nerd media reviewers, the vast majority whom are proven hacks and Disney adults.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We made fun of weeaboos so hard but Disney Adults do literally all the same poo poo. (and with Kingdom Hearts, some overlap)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Did anyone mistake that commander guy left with the grunts near the beginning for Michael Shannon? Guy was nearly a facial clone, but different delivery.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

You have facial blindness, my goon.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

glasnost toyboy posted:

My dude, if someone praises Thor 4 and The Flash but thinks this is the worst movie of the year, im starting to suspect somethings not on the up and up

Space Fish posted:

Did anyone mistake that commander guy left with the grunts near the beginning for Michael Shannon? Guy was nearly a facial clone, but different delivery.

No, but they were eerily similar though. Michael Shannon in a less charismatic font

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

anatomi posted:

You have facial blindness, my goon.
I typically don't but I got confused by the farmer guy Gunnar and the other farmer guy ("Den"?) at the beginning of the movie. Like if you have a bunch of guys with beards you should make sure they all look distinctly different.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
They do look different. I dunno, maybe you have beard blindness.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

McCloud posted:

No, but they were eerily similar though. Michael Shannon in a less charismatic font

This expresses the idea well. I knew they weren't literally the same, but there was a big "Diet Shannon" feeling with him.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Space Fish posted:

This expresses the idea well. I knew they weren't literally the same, but there was a big "Diet Shannon" feeling with him.

I thought more that Shsnnon would be too overpowering a presence in that scene. You want a kind of General Zod there, not literally General Zod.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Admiral Noble is the kind of person who wants to come across as a person like Zod.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I like the trailer for Rebel Moon, but the reviews are godawful. And apparently the director's cut will be better? Should I see this movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I like the trailer for Rebel Moon, but the reviews are godawful. And apparently the director's cut will be better? Should I see this movie?

if you're on the fence i would just wait for the director's cut