Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

hbag posted:

we have them but theyre called "nik naks" unless you mean the puffs in which case theyre "wotsits". i am being completely serious

They sell the hot cheetos in random corner shops that do like the weird flavoured Fantas and sometimes root beer or whatever but also Home Bargains have started selling it too!!! They sell out so fast though so I've still not had the chance to try them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Solefald posted:

They sell the hot cheetos in random corner shops that do like the weird flavoured Fantas and sometimes root beer or whatever but also Home Bargains have started selling it too!!! They sell out so fast though so I've still not had the chance to try them.

yeah but those are imported (and cost way too much because of that) so they dont really count. you arent missing out on much tbh i prefer ours, the imported ones just kind of taste like chemical-y heat

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Yeah I've never bought them from the corner shop because lol @ buying a bag of crisps for like nearly £4 or whatever, but in home bargains I'm sure they're only £1.50. either way I'm not that fussed. I like niknaks and I've been enjoying the spicy wotsits (both the normal puffed AND new nobbly ones)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
What is happening in here

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

its weird that they do sell domestically-made cheetos but only flaming hot and only the puffs. theyre good though so

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

flamin hot is a trash flavor but the jalapeno cheese cheetos are the truth

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Wish my mom loved me enough to get me a carton of smokes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hot Diggity! posted:

What is happening in here

unfortunately, the British

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hot Cheetos suck rear end anyways

Takis tho...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the average american hot chip enjoyer would be instantly varporised by a single curry house meal. adn thats the tea.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Stux posted:

the average american hot chip enjoyer would be instantly varporised by a single curry house meal. adn thats the tea.

no the tea is at the bottom of Boston Harbor bitch. perish

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

kind of walked into that one

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

koos loves homestuck and steven universe.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

cultural exchange,

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

symbolic posted:

no the tea is at the bottom of Boston Harbor bitch. perish

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i've been told that to get good indian food in London you just go to any random place on brick lane, but I've done that twice and the food has been overpriced and garbage both times. this last time I got butter chicken and it was sweet, like, very sweet, with coconut milk in it.

the time before that I went to dishoom and it kicked rear end though, but that's not on brick lane

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

[nods understandingly] amen

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

I was raised in Cambridge (where Harvard is) and know what this means

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

more falafel please posted:

i've been told that to get good indian food in London you just go to any random place on brick lane, but I've done that twice and the food has been overpriced and garbage both times. this last time I got butter chicken and it was sweet, like, very sweet, with coconut milk in it.

the time before that I went to dishoom and it kicked rear end though, but that's not on brick lane

the good poo poo is in the stores that very clearly used to just be a residence

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The best Indian food I ever had was when I was visiting my cousin and her husband who were living in Crystal Palace at the time. This was like 2007 though. Farewell.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this last time I got butter chicken

yeah no idea why they immediately ID'd u as a mark lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol you've been lied to, hurtfully

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

When I was in the UK for a spell for work I employed the strategy of “go to dinner with my Indian coworkers” to get the good stuff. Very successful.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

brick lane has okay bagels if you’ve never been to new york. or even montreal

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
A guy from the dorm I lived at had been an exchange student in India where he lived with a family. They visited him one time and his Indian mom wanted to cook for all of us. Best Indian food I've ever had.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
gonna go to london in a few months need to know where the good food at (ie. the non-british stuff)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
youre gonna want the in,dian on, bri,ck, la,ne

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hot take: the best Indian food in the uk is in scotland, so when in london, i’d rather eat jamaican

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's time for goons to talk about food

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

It's time for goons to talk about food

It is always this time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

unfortunately, the British

eternally goin to remember the day I logged into imp zone nd the firat post I saw was john romero talkin about soft potato chips

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

NoiseAnnoys posted:

which one was the one who loved homestruck again?
I assume a turt alt? Boba answered a question directed at them, presumably on the wrong account.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fungah! posted:

eternally goin to remember the day I logged into imp zone nd the firat post I saw was john romero talkin about soft potato chips

...Excuse me?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

What the gently caress does that mean, soft potato chip?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

...Excuse me?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730524&pagenumber=1076&perpage=40&userid=0#post521568022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

John Romero posted:

they’re so fuckin good but someone on Twitter a while back pointed out that American chips are needlessly crunchy and I kinda see it now. I recently had a filipino nacho cheese chip and the consistency was more like soft Fritos. was good as hell

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

a potato chip shouldn't have an audible crunch, it should be soft and ephemeral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

drat those Voodoo chips are so good.