Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTiMFjhLKlI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The General posted:

To be fair, it continues on to say that there is no monopoly money in those boxes, but real dollars so those kids can continue to invent.

Well yeah but if you include that you don’t get the clicks and lols

The General
Mar 4, 2007

It's still an absolutely hilarious reveal.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The General posted:

To be fair, it continues on to say that there is no monopoly money in those boxes, but real dollars so those kids can continue to invent.

*By accepting this donation you transfer the ownership of all your current and future intellectual property to the Hasbro Corporation

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trying to think of anything that could possibly have been better. Maybe a Cover Girl makeup kit or something

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Call name if you need anything.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Remember 'BIC for her'?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That is so close to being Lane Kiffin

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Particularly hilarious as monopoly was more or less invented by a woman and plagiarized by a man.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

root beer posted:

That is a disappointingly small overworld, probably can’t even get more than six hours out of a playthrough

Yo Quiero Any% 14:23 [WR] TortillaMax Baja Skip

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

maybeadracula posted:

Why would you ever leave, though?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

pik_d posted:

This is funny in a tragic :negative: kind of way, not like haha funny

https://twitter.com/baraGodzilla/status/1258682943716782080

i wish that professional comedians were this great at writing punchlines

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Wait what about my business idea of pink lab-coats for girl scientists?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Don't be ridiculous. They're white so you can see splashes on them.

Cleavage lab-coats, now, that's where the money is.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Elfface posted:

Don't be ridiculous. They're white so you can see splashes on them.

Cleavage lab-coats, now, that's where the money is.

Boob window lab-coats. Save a little bit of money on materials

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Stoatbringer posted:

Wait what about my business idea of pink lab-coats for girl scientists?

I'm sorry, that's too woke. Please do not bring it up again.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Baron von Eevl posted:

Particularly hilarious as monopoly was more or less invented by a woman and plagiarized by a man.

If you want to go down the nerd rabbit hole, here is her patent on it. I was a patent examiner and one of our early training exercises to get used to patent practices was to look at that and compare it to the later patent issued for the Monopoly board game to see if the later patent should've been allowed in light of her earlier disclosure.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

Not only that, it was about how much capitalism sucks and is stupid, and the game was deliberately no fun.

They kept the "deliberately no fun" part, and yet people seem to keep buying it and playing it...

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hyperlynx posted:

Not only that, it was about how much capitalism sucks and is stupid, and the game was deliberately no fun.

They kept the "deliberately no fun" part, and yet people seem to keep buying it and playing it...

Even better almost everyone cheats/house rules to make it better by making it less brutally capitalist which simultaneously minimizes the "educational" effect and proves the need for it

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's a couple deliberate improvements to make it board gamey and less capitalism misery. A stock rules monopoly game played by people who want to win takes like 20-40 minutes.

Most Monopoly misery comes from half assed social policy to protect the poor players long enough to act as sacks of money to punch by rich players. Hmmm, still a great learning experience game.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Stock rules Monopoly is fairer and less RNG-based to win than Settlers of Catan

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

Stock rules Monopoly is fairer and less RNG-based to win than Settlers of Catan

The thing that is fun* about Catan is that it's always different, not that it's "fair"

*I know

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I was never sure if that was a nod to Bernard or it being a meta layer of laziness.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Data Graham posted:

Trying to think of anything that could possibly have been better. Maybe a Cover Girl makeup kit or something

A hand held mirror, with "You'd be so much prettier if you smiled more" written across the bottom

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

pik_d posted:

This is funny in a tragic :negative: kind of way, not like haha funny

https://twitter.com/baraGodzilla/status/1258682943716782080

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/848982344111280130

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Pookah posted:

Remember 'BIC for her'?

For Her brands are always very funny to me.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Pretty sure I post this every time this comes up all the time

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Pretty sure I post this every time this comes up all the time

Jesus Christ

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I think one of the best happenings with regard to that misogynist bullshit was the guy who ran some oil rig parts company posting a video of him using the parts on the drill, all covered in mud and shirtless, with a bunch of "women can't do this" posts surrounding it (and maybe directly from him). The best response was a video of a woman doing the same job, wearing full PPE, with the message (paraphrased) "I do this every day, and I do it without the OSHA violations"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nothing manlier than getting mangled by a machine and ending up on the street after you're denied workers comp because you know that dude is pissing hot

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I'm almost positive that the oil drill picture is either the owner or the son of the owner trying to look tough despite never actually doing the work

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/z7S3hKn.mp4

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

too many steps, just huck it into the fire

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I think one of the best happenings with regard to that misogynist bullshit was the guy who ran some oil rig parts company posting a video of him using the parts on the drill, all covered in mud and shirtless, with a bunch of "women can't do this" posts surrounding it (and maybe directly from him). The best response was a video of a woman doing the same job, wearing full PPE, with the message (paraphrased) "I do this every day, and I do it without the OSHA violations"

Google has failed me but I would love to see these

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Dubious conceit.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

AlmightyBob posted:

I'm almost positive that the oil drill picture is either the owner or the son of the owner trying to look tough despite never actually doing the work

Yeah iirc it was the owner and yeah he was not someone who normally did the work. I think they were tweets but good lord I can't imagine searching for them anymore

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Go to bing and search For “man lays big pipe in hole til it squirts”

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Go to bing and search For “man lays big pipe in hole til it squirts”

not falling for that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Data Graham posted:

It's funnier with the dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvBGb5lf78

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Dec 24, 2023