Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Second episode was fine, however it really seems like they wanted to be the X-Men. Right down to the bargain basement jet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It's the Tesseract powered light speed engine Pegasus jet from Captain Marvel

It's not like they made it up for that episode

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Either Disney is cutting very nice checks, or Michael Douglas really has an affinity for Hank Pym, because he keeps coming back for these things.

And the scene where Peggy & Howard see the Winter Soldier for the first time was surprisingly effective.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s probably piss easy for deece money. Im sure he doesn’t work that hard on the Ant Man movies.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Those Star Chamber and Black Rain residual checks aren’t gonna pay the bills forever!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

howe_sam posted:

Either Disney is cutting very nice checks, or Michael Douglas really has an affinity for Hank Pym, because he keeps coming back for these things.

Voicing an episode of What If? will take maybe three days in the booth, requires no make-up or early morning calls, and you get to do it all in a nice warm studio while sitting down. It's why Chadwick Boseman did several episodes for S1 when his health was in terminal decline - it wasn't just (or even) to build a legacy for his character, it was quick and easy money for his family.

That said, enough of Ant-Man 3 took place on virtual soundstages that I wouldn't be shocked if Douglas had a "no calls before 10am" clause on that movie.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Is "Michael Douglas hates early mornings" a well known fact or something?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Michael Douglas is a hundred and four years old

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I thought that meant he was more likely to be up early

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
To pee. Not to make movies.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That episode was a fun romp

Darcy should show up in the MCU more often

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Eh, wish they'd just given us Die Hard on Avengers' Tower rather than Hulk Happy

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

howe_sam posted:

And the scene where Peggy & Howard see the Winter Soldier for the first time was surprisingly effective.

Seriously good yeah

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Between this episode and WandaVision I really just want a Marvel Team Up series but every episode is Darcy teamed up with a different straight man. The Brave and the Darcy.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Her singing over the credits was pretty funny

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Surprising amount of body horror for a Christmas cartoon, but I'm always here for Hulk related body horror.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Whoever did the Werner Herzog impression got a chuckle out of me

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gonz posted:

residual checks
These aren't really a thing anymore and it's going to destroy the entire industry before too long.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

1st AD posted:

Whoever did the Werner Herzog impression got a chuckle out of me

It was Ross Marquand, who was Aaron on The Walking Dead and in the MCU took over from Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What? I'm adorable!

I binged all 3 and they were pretty fun.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

How did they get SO many of the actors to do the voices? I remember season 1 being way fewer. How much must it have been to get Jude Law for half a day's voice acting? Surely they don't all have crazy contracts that say "you have to do cameos and voice work in whatever we want over the next 10 years" - I can see Sebastian Stan's agent signing something like that but not Michael Douglas or Chris Hemsworth.

I'm comforted at least that they couldn't get RDJ and Chris Evans

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Chris Evans was probably busy reprising his role as Lucas Lee in the Netflix Scott Pilgrim anime.

Which is excellent, by the way.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Tom Tucker posted:

How did they get SO many of the actors to do the voices? I remember season 1 being way fewer. How much must it have been to get Jude Law for half a day's voice acting? Surely they don't all have crazy contracts that say "you have to do cameos and voice work in whatever we want over the next 10 years" - I can see Sebastian Stan's agent signing something like that but not Michael Douglas or Chris Hemsworth.

A lot of actors say they do comic book movies for their kids or grandkids so spending a couple hours reprising them is probably worth it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gonz posted:

Chris Evans was probably busy reprising his role as Lucas Lee in the Netflix Scott Pilgrim anime.

Which is excellent, by the way.

"Let's party"

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
get a bucket and a mop for that wet rear end Goldblum

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tom Tucker posted:

The main stars will all have a first refusal clause for VO work with a separately negotiated fee. Minor players like Jude Law would take it for what it is: an easy payday and positive exposure ("the studio wants to work with me again") for very little work.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's why Chadwick Boseman did several episodes for S1 when his health was in terminal decline - it wasn't just (or even) to build a legacy for his character, it was quick and easy money for his family.

Boseman seemed like he actively enjoyed being Black Panther and wanted to portray the character as much as he could with the time he had left.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Holy poo poo, first What If is Highlander II

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Tom Tucker posted:

Disney/Marvel studios seem to have a knack for getting actors to do bit parts. In Avengers Endgame, they got Robert Redford to come back and play his Winter Soldier character for a ten second scene. Redford is Hollywood royalty, there no way his contract said "you have to come back whenever we want."

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
for voice work and especially the bit parts it’s probably a single day’s work in a sound studio in whatever city they live in, seems like a no brainer for most actors

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, and its probably real easy for them to call up someone and go "hey you want to play your characters in a 20 minute animated episode?".

Some probably even have the gear at home to do a HQ recording.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Tony Stark looks more like Dan Marino than RDJ on What If...?.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Watching episode 3 now, and HAH! The soccer moms going after Captain America got a big snort laugh from me. I'm loving this one, it's funny stuff.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I came to see Jeff Goldblum as Jeff Goldblum, was pleasantly surprised by (ep 4) Tony Stark and Gamora doing Turbo Tunnel from Battletoads :allears:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed "Marvel does Death Race".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Technowolf posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed "Marvel does Death Race".

I had Yellow Line from Redline in my head watching a lot of that.

Also there was totally Tau in the groups of aliens in the stands.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

"Stylo" for me

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

These last two episodes were fantastic.

Ross Marquand does the best Werner Herzog impression i’ve ever heard. But that dude is chock full of incredible impressions.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gonz posted:

These last two episodes were fantastic.

The first was pretty meh. Even the premise was kinda silly. I can understand that if you seal of a city things would ho bad, but an entire planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

So Cap Carter got pulled into the 1602 'verse, right?