Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

namlosh posted:

I always wondered the same thing… it has to be a reference to something, right?

It’s definitely not a reference to this but for some reason I’m always reminded of the Conan movie with James Earl Jones with the “flesh vs steel” cult.

There used to be prefab steel buildings being advertised very heavily in the late 90s/00s, maybe even earlier than that I'm just too young to know. You'd see half a page advertisements in outdoorsy/mechanical magazines or on the super late night infomercials on any given TV channel selling affordable prefab steel structures. They're lovely and cheap but they'd lean really heavily into the "steel" aspect of it to make it seem better than it was.

I assume it was a reference to those but idk lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

X JAKK posted:

When the fire starts telling him to do things and just wants to make him a good citizen. :(

Or when they are watching Katy Perry and smacks butthead in the balls for saying he isnt a firework

Beavis being into BTS and Butthead's absolute disgust with him loving slayed me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've only seen the one where they watch the reality show about ghosting partners. You know the one.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Bible posted:

Beavis being into BTS and Butthead's absolute disgust with him loving slayed me.

hard same lol

ran the latest b&b movie the other day with friends, it's so good

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/PaPoDvj7--0?si=4JljNrqB01mnK6R1

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

All that and no Buckley's Angel?

Edit: poo poo I missed him. I'm the fool.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lmao the manger baby is the donkey, great detail

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Punkinhead posted:

Lmao the manger baby is the donkey, great detail

"You! Puppet girl! Can you read?"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Always got a kick of Luanne using a penguin and an octopus for her Bible Puppet Show when Noah's Ark was right there.

I need to check out the new B&B stuff. What do they do instead of watch MTV? Rag on reality TV and YT videos or something? Scroll their phones? Play CoD? Where's a good place to watch the new ones?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In the first reboot they did riff on reality TV lmao

They watch Youtube and TikToks, and they're hilarious. They still watch the occasional music video as well. You can watch them on Paramount+ (legally).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The music videos are great, like the episode where they kept watching ones where Jack Harlow was guest singing.

Also since the latest movie explicitly introduced a B&B multiverse they sometimes do episodes where they just straight up die.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Reminder that canonically Hank's favourite Christmas carol is Little Drummer Boy and it fits his character to a tee

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's Jesus peace, not hippie peace

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Please, my wife's in a wheelchair! All she wants for Christmas is a big juicy dog with lots of meat on it

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Nooner posted:

It's Jesus peace, not hippie peace

We're a JOY family.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

You know, you fall for Dale's beard of tape every year Peggy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

After all the love I allowed your mother to give you!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BiggerBoat posted:

Always got a kick of Luanne using a penguin and an octopus for her Bible Puppet Show when Noah's Ark was right there.

I need to check out the new B&B stuff. What do they do instead of watch MTV? Rag on reality TV and YT videos or something? Scroll their phones? Play CoD? Where's a good place to watch the new ones?

https://youtu.be/GBwm5_P-K0A?si=W7LSqKPlaxzAtpLG

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Thanks, dude. Nice Xmas gift!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

haljordan posted:

You know, you fall for Dale's beard of tape every year Peggy.

Were Dale and Peggy ever shown to get along?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bobjr posted:

After all the love I allowed your mother to give you!

The perfect cotton quote

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was the one time when they teamed up to try and fake their deaths, but not in general. The joke is that for how blindingly unaware Dale is, he can tell that Peggy is more often than not full of poo poo.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

They made beautiful taxidermy.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Milo and POTUS posted:

They ran a successful bookstore for a while.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dale, Glock!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

X JAKK posted:

They ran a successful bookstore for a while.

Yup, totally forgot. That's cool. Didn't they do the taxidermy thing too

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone already mentioned the taxidermy B-plot in one episode, but in general it seems like Peggy has a better understanding of Dale's weird neuroses than most other people, and while Dale finds Peggy's bookishness boring, he's a fellow afficianado of Zany Schemes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Asterite34 posted:

Someone already mentioned the taxidermy B-plot in one episode, but in general it seems like Peggy has a better understanding of Dale's weird neuroses than most other people, and while Dale finds Peggy's bookishness boring, he's a fellow afficianado of Zany Schemes

I get the feeling while they're testy at best in a casual situation, their particular quirks mesh very well when they have a common goal.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

he's a fellow afficianado of Zany Schemes

Dale Gribble posted:

I'm skeptical that you could, yet intrigued that you may.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love that Peggy and Dale ended up having some It’s Always Sunny style schemes.

One of the most underrated late season gags was them trying to fake their deaths to get out of a pyramid scheme by driving Bill’s empty car off a cliff, but the alignment was so bad the car did turned right around and almost killed them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

I love that Peggy and Dale ended up having some It’s Always Sunny style schemes.

One of the most underrated late season gags was them trying to fake their deaths to get out of a pyramid scheme by driving Bill’s empty car off a cliff, but the alignment was so bad the car did turned right around and almost killed them.

Is there a clip of this? I did find this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VsC4ycdT-A

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

They have motorboats, Peggy. Motorboats!!!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is there a clip of this? I did find this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VsC4ycdT-A

I don’t have a clip. KoTH desperately needs a Frinkiac.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don’t have a clip. KoTH desperately needs a Frinkiac.

I got you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSNKr5-sLWY

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 26, 2023

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I completely forgot about the part where Dale shoots the Peggy dummy in the head.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pretend? Well, I suppose I'm still in.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

I completely forgot about the part where Dale shoots the Peggy dummy in the head.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Milo and POTUS posted:

Didn't they also team up with Bill and Minh in a stock buying scheme?