Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

Pretty sure I post this every time this comes up all the time

"Hearos" is pretty good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Agents are GO! posted:

not falling for that again

I am.

And again later too.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

oldpainless posted:

Go to bing and search For “man lays big pipe in hole til it squirts”

The last time I used bing it was just now, accidentally, when I was trying to run a program installed on my computer. I hit the start button, typed, and without thinking hit enter. This launched Internet Explorer whatever the gently caress it's called these days, doing a bing search for what I typed in. This immediately threw up an error prompt asking me to log in with my Microsoft account. I hit cancel, it appeared again immediately. I hit cancel, it appeared again immediately. I tried to close The Browser Formerly Known As Internet Explorer, but the login prompt is modal and it just produced an error beep.

I finally managed to close this bullshit by hammering alt+f4 repeatedly.

davidspackage posted:

"Hearos" is pretty good tho.
It is, and they make great earplugs. They also do ones for listening to music at concerts, which aim at attenuating the sound evenly across frequencies, which ordinary earplugs don't do. The idea is that you can still hear the music the same, only not as loud.

Anyway, I just did a search (e: not on bing, gently caress you Microsoft) and the "sleep pretty" ones are made by Hearos. So that's pretty lovely of them.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 07:43 on Dec 24, 2023

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SpacePig posted:

For Her brands are always very funny to me.

I'm clicking but the video won't play

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Knormal posted:

I'm clicking but the video won't play

if you want to see a boob, just turn off your monitor

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

Anyway, I just did a search (e: not on bing, gently caress you Microsoft) and the "sleep pretty" ones are made by Hearos. So that's pretty lovely of them.

Yes it's obvious from the picture that they're the exact same product in different colors.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Jabberlock posted:

if you want to see a boob, just turn off your monitor

I did, it was just mournful.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Hyperlynx posted:

The last time I used bing it was just now, accidentally, when I was trying to run a program installed on my computer. I hit the start button, typed, and without thinking hit enter. This launched Internet Explorer whatever the gently caress it's called these days, doing a bing search for what I typed in. This immediately threw up an error prompt asking me to log in with my Microsoft account. I hit cancel, it appeared again immediately. I hit cancel, it appeared again immediately. I tried to close The Browser Formerly Known As Internet Explorer, but the login prompt is modal and it just produced an error beep.

I finally managed to close this bullshit by hammering alt+f4 repeatedly.

It is, and they make great earplugs. They also do ones for listening to music at concerts, which aim at attenuating the sound evenly across frequencies, which ordinary earplugs don't do. The idea is that you can still hear the music the same, only not as loud.

Weirdly, Bing also came up right away after I booted up my laptop a few hours ago. I never use Bing. I thought nothing of it until now. :tinfoil:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Soul Dentist posted:

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

what a crock. everybody knows we shove them straight into our ears

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Someone could become pregnant, give birth, and be very far into a second pregnancy by the time I run out of the box of Q-Tips I own.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
How many ears do you have?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Soul Dentist posted:

The joke better be that the ones on the right are iceberg menthol flavored while the ones on the left are dipped in Captain rear end in a top hat's nuclear rectum annihilator Bhut Jolokia sauce.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Flavored Earplugs For Synesthetes

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mauser posted:

Not enough, obviously

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mauser posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Someone could become pregnant, give birth, and be very far into a second pregnancy by the time I run out of the box of Q-Tips I own.

A rather odd frame of reference, but I always heard q-tips aren't recommended by doctors, so good on you for using them sparingly, The Mighty Moltres.

This could of course just be insidious propaganda peddled by the pro-ear wax lobby

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yes it's obvious from the picture that they're the exact same product in different colors.
The ones ~for ladies~ are clearly sized for daintier ears.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Hirayuki posted:

The ones ~for ladies~ are clearly sized for daintier ears.

Ah, yes, the two sizes: womanchild and manadult.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Biblically Accurate Goon

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Germans: We've had enough of the old joke that our language is just militaristic shouting. It is perfectly capable of expressing intricate poetic sentiments.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Gideon Ofnir alt account spotted

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Phlegmish posted:

A rather odd frame of reference, but I always heard q-tips aren't recommended by doctors, so good on you for using them sparingly, The Mighty Moltres.

This could of course just be insidious propaganda peddled by the pro-ear wax lobby

Yeah it's better to use those squirt bulb things. Beats the gently caress out of q-tips and there's no chance of accidentally impacting a bunch of earwax. Switched like a decade ago and haven't had any issues with hearing or earwax since then

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah it's better to use those squirt bulb things. Beats the gently caress out of q-tips and there's no chance of accidentally impacting a bunch of earwax. Switched like a decade ago and haven't had any issues with hearing or earwax since then

I found one of those in my bathroom once, how are you supposed to use them?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LookieLoo posted:

You cram the nozzle in one of your tear ducts and squeeze the bulb.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LookieLoo posted:

same way as you use the three seashells

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

LookieLoo posted:

Fill 'em up with lukewarm water, hold your head to the side so your ear points down, slowly insert it as far as it comfortably goes, then squeeze it hard to get the water shooting with some force. A weak squeeze won't necessarily displace anything, but you can try with less force at first to see what feels comfortable, I guess. At least that's how I do it. Ideally I try to get the length of the neck lying against the ear canal so the water kind of cascades along the side and scoops anything out. Might need to repeat a couple times per ear. I just do it like once a month or something in the shower when I'm feeling like it's about time. It makes my hearing way sharper for a while, too

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Dec 24, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
you stick em up your rear end hth

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

At the clinic we rinse out earwax with a little spray nozzle using warm water with alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. We constantly see people that have hosed up their ears with Q-tips and still inexplicably think that following advice for not putting q-tips in your ears is for nerds.

It’s very stupid to smash a cotton swab down your ear canal like you’re tamping a goddamn cannon with a rammer. Yes, I’m talking to you.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That’s a situation where I think the correct response is “what exactly did you expect would happen?”

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

freeedr posted:

It’s very stupid to smash a cotton swab down your ear canal like you’re tamping a goddamn cannon with a rammer. Yes, I’m talking to you.

That would be a very stupid way to attempt to clean your ear with one, yes

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

maybeadracula posted:

That would be a very stupid way to attempt to clean your ear with one, yes

So what's the correct secret handshake maneuver, don't leave me hanging

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You put it in your ear carefully and then scoop outwards.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

gbut posted:

Ah, yes, the two sizes: womanchild and manadult.

Women generally have smaller ear canals. I doubt it matters for qtips but if an ear plug is too big it won't set right. Probably don't need to make them pink and blue though.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Guyver posted:

Women generally have smaller ear canals. I doubt it matters for qtips but if an ear plug is too big it won't set right. Probably don't need to make them pink and blue though.

Or, maybe, consider the existence of various ear canal sizes across the population regardless of the attached genitalia?

E: what I’m trying to say is I’d like to see less of these gendered “norms” and the body shaming they create.

gbut has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Dec 24, 2023

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Bespoke earplugs

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
It's a bit blurry, but I don't see anything about gender or genitalia on those at all. Something being pink doesn't mean it's for women. Little baby men like soft things

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I would rather you fondon't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
drat the detail on that wood is insa..what the gently caress