Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think a tournament like the C2 would be a good place to do a count out to get it over as a finish but countout teases don't mean as much in the US like the do in Japan since you can't lose a title like in New Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
OH MY

quote:

UFC 3: The American Dream | DEADLOCK Sumn Gonna Happen #44

The holiday season is upon us, and nothing puts the boys in better spirits than watching some early UFC. Join us on our UFC adventures as we watch, what could be, one of the most absurd shows of all time. We know that we've said that about the other two, but you haven't seen anything yet.

e:

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 23, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

this first match is literally unbelievable oh my god

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Oh that's the one with keith hackney and the 650 pound guy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh that's the one with keith hackney and the 650 pound guy

there is a ring out AND ITS NOT THE FINISH

e: gracie's first opponent just came out carrying a literal cross

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 23, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

gently caress YOU ROYCE GRACIE

Raskolnikov38 posted:

gently caress YOU ROYCE GRACIE

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 23, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I keep expecting to get sick of watching the Deadlock boys watch UFC but somehow it keeps getting better?? This motherfucker with the cross lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

WHO THE gently caress IS STEVE JENNUM

e: gently caress YOU TOO KEN SHAMROCK

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 23, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Boy that, uh, was some end to that show!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

explosivo posted:

I keep expecting to get sick of watching the Deadlock boys watch UFC but somehow it keeps getting better?? This motherfucker with the cross lmao

Kimo Leopoldo, right? I remember Ken Shamrock beating the poo poo out of that guy at another early UFC thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CombineThresher posted:

Kimo Leopoldo, right? I remember Ken Shamrock beating the poo poo out of that guy at another early UFC thing.

That's the one. Royce loving ripped his ponytail off his head during their match trying to maintain control, then when Royce couldn't compete in the next round from getting his rear end beat by Kimo he ran out into the ring and started celebrating despite getting eliminated by him earlier in the night, lol. Wild stuff.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I predict that UFC 6 or UFC 9 are where they give up. Anyone who can watch the main event of UFC9 and want to continue deserves to be saluted

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

I predict that UFC 6 or UFC 9 are where they give up. Anyone who can watch the main event of UFC9 and want to continue deserves to be saluted

Is that the Severn/Shamrock one where they changed the rules like that afternoon so they couldn't strike or grapple

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Is that the Severn/Shamrock one where they changed the rules like that afternoon so they couldn't strike or grapple

Yup. It's 30+ minutes of 2 guys circling each other, just an utterly bizarre spectacle

Also the first UFC show to not have a tournament format :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

What

What do they *do*?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

What

What do they *do*?

Circle and slap (fingers apart so it's allowed)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

What

What do they *do*?

Technically it was just closed fist punches and headbutts were banned, they were they could be arrested if they broke the rules. This was the height of John McCain being boxing's Senator and trying to get a rival sport strangled in the crib.

A bunch of undercard fights just ignored this rule but Shamrock decided he couldn't risk his burgeoning stardom so just put on a turd of a fight instead.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I loved renting the ufc vhs from video stores when I was younger. And wasn't it featured in that Denzel Washington/Russle Crowe movie Virtuasity?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The only time UFC was good was when it was karate man vs kickboxing man or BJJ man vs wrestler. Now it’s just interchangeable emaciated tattooed guys fighting each other. Feels like everything fun or weird about it has been min-maxed out.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh no kimo’s shirtless cornerman was Joe son

quote:

Kimo and his cornermen Joe Son featured a controversial moment that very night, when they jumped on the cage after Royce's forfeiting and started celebrating among the audience's chants.[3]

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh no kimo’s shirtless cornerman was Joe son

If they can be convinced to watch UFC 4 they get to watch his groin get annihilated.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Emmanuel Yarborough was robbed. Dude just shrugged off 40 direct, hand-breaking shots to the head. What a god.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WHO THE gently caress IS STEVE JENN

ufc tournament champion

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I was gonna join the Patreon but it looks like I should wait until January since they don't pro-rate and bill the first of the month, right?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

I was gonna join the Patreon but it looks like I should wait until January since they don't pro-rate and bill the first of the month, right?

most patreons have regular billing cycles now. it should tell you

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

most patreons have regular billing cycles now. it should tell you

It said it would bill $10 now and then again on 1/1. Which I thought was weird and figured I'd ask someone subbed here.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 24, 2023

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah just wait until january then. weird they dont have it set up

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

algebra testes posted:

Brawling through the gate and just beating the count back when Yano sticky taped you to something even though you know there won't be a count out is a proud G1 tradition.

One time ZSJ and Fale were brawling in the crowd and then ZSJ suddenly booked it to the ring and won the match. It was hilarious.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Web Jew.0 posted:

One time ZSJ and Fale were brawling in the crowd and then ZSJ suddenly booked it to the ring and won the match. It was hilarious.

An amazing moment, one of the best count out spots ever. If I remember correctly Fale and ZSJ had brawled deep up the Korakuen Hall steps and Fale was simply too gassed to make it all the way down in time. Even with a 20 count.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Seams posted:

The only time UFC was good was when it was karate man vs kickboxing man or BJJ man vs wrestler. Now it’s just interchangeable emaciated tattooed guys fighting each other. Feels like everything fun or weird about it has been min-maxed out.

Felix Biederman and John Bois went into this in their documentary "Fighting in the Age of Loneliness" with the overarching theme that the money, sponsership deals and the monopoly of UFC has destroyed everything good about MMA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DoaUyMGPWI

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The boys screaming at John McCarthy to call the fight is the hardest I've laughed at a Deadlock bit in a while. It just kept going.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

forkboy84 posted:

UFC 6 at least has Tank Abbott vs The Hawaiian Art Of Bone Breaking so they might survive that one with enough fuel to get to 9

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

surprised you didn't recognize him from a recent Black Spine episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMvroVSZj8

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It's still weird to me Deadlock doesn't have a patreon RSS feed or even non-video patreon version in general.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Good Listener posted:

It's still weird to me Deadlock doesn't have a patreon RSS feed or even non-video patreon version in general.

Didn’t they have a catastrophic round of WWE coming in and copywrite striking a shitload of their stuff early this year or last year?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

They had all their non-DDT Watch This and Sumthin Gon Happen Patreon videos taken down sometime in the first half of the year, yeah, but thankfully a few of their subscribers had downloaded every one of those videos so they were able to quickly rehost them. Most recently someone copyright striked their SGH for Guilty as Charged 2001, but that was the only video that got hit, it’s loving weird, although I imagine they’re using the RE-C-DUB versions and the strike came because of some music that shows up in the original PPV.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Muffins injected with cum mentioned on the B&V Christmas show

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

explosivo posted:

That's the one. Royce loving ripped his ponytail off his head during their match trying to maintain control, then when Royce couldn't compete in the next round from getting his rear end beat by Kimo he ran out into the ring and started celebrating despite getting eliminated by him earlier in the night, lol. Wild stuff.

I remember the ponytail incident too, that was insane to watch. God I miss dogfight-era UFC, it's way more fun to watch than the parade of idiot chuds that is modern UFC.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
was excited about being able to download pdf observers now but its two columns of small text per page, a real hassle to use on monitors or tablets :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's mindblowing that they don't just have an RSS feed of the observer