Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah, I think it's pretty universally agreed that d4 has gotten better over time. But the quality at release, has got some people feeling pretty Wounded, even still

it’ll be even better when it leaves early access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Or, will it leave early access, only when it gets better! These are the questions no one is brave enough to ask

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

flashman posted:

I'd agree if the game wasn't released full price and barren, they are just playing catch up to this point lol

What the gently caress are you talking about you clown, thus game isn't even close to barren.

Now you're just saying the same stupid poo poo repeatedly, for no real reason.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

flashman posted:

I'd agree if the game wasn't released full price and barren, they are just playing catch up to this point lol

I think you opened your list of people that like you instead of the Diablo 4 client.

Full campaign, nightmare dungeons, Uber end game boss, myriad other activities to grind, and world boss mount armor to chase. But yeah the game launched with no content and nothing to do. Is it barren because it doesn’t have a minimap overlay?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Game is so barren he made 500 posts in 6 months about it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You really think that's going to impress me, the guy who made 600 posts in 5 months, about nothing?!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
nice loving game. how many months is this poo poo supposed to have been released and fixed now?

heading to the world boss, and immediately upon zone in, drops me out of the world. can't do anything, world map's black out, can't tp, etc. had to alt + f4 and of course as soon as i'm back in the game, world boss already dead.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Last King posted:

nice loving game. how many months is this poo poo supposed to have been released and fixed now?

heading to the world boss, and immediately upon zone in, drops me out of the world. can't do anything, world map's black out, can't tp, etc. had to alt + f4 and of course as soon as i'm back in the game, world boss already dead.

Man that sucks. That’s never happened to me once in 700+ hours. Must be unlucky. The good thing is that they reduced the world boss timer so try again soon friend.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That had to have made you laugh unless

1. hardcore death, or
2. it happens regularly. FLush your ram and install a new BIOS!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Last King posted:

That does suck, haven’t seen that one before.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about you clown, thus game isn't even close to barren.

Now you're just saying the same stupid poo poo repeatedly, for no real reason.

do you just come into this thread with the intent to scream at people because its already a wasteland full of incredibly tedious posters or is that just what you do everywhere

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
please just report posts you think are breaking the rules instead of bringing the thread down to my tier of posting

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
See the problem is Diablo 4 isn't a very good game, so defending it takes a toll on a person. Imagine doing it for months, seasons come and go, and you're still here. Playing D4. Having fun. It would break lesser men.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gentlemen, you can't hate in here! This is the Diablo room!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Mephisto's influence truly insidious

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
ive been playing diablo 3 and actually having fun not endlessly running the same 6 nightmare dungeons and bosses endlessly

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Circle Nine posted:

ive been playing diablo 3 and actually having fun not endlessly running the same 6 nightmare dungeons and bosses endlessly

Even though Diablo 3 has its own repeating the same content endlessly, it's so much faster to get directly into and complete, The gameplay loop is really fast. D4 feels like a chore in comparison.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tokubetsu posted:

Mephisto's influence truly insidious

Just wait until Baal shows up.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Even though Diablo 3 has its own repeating the same content endlessly, it's so much faster to get directly into and complete, The gameplay loop is really fast. D4 feels like a chore in comparison.

It wouldn't be half as bad if your bag wasn't full of loot every dungeon and the tooltips were actually readable on a glance

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What's up with the tool tips?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Mikojan posted:

It wouldn't be half as bad if your bag wasn't full of loot every dungeon and the tooltips were actually readable on a glance

it's a loot filter issue. every modern arpg shits out loot. it stems from a larger issue the game has, which is that they shipped it with just barely enough stuff to do to form any sort of loop and just made everything take forever to do to simulate content.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Stop talking about the mods weird dick

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Itemization has too much poo poo to it. Too many buckets. Dilutes the pool since most suck for your build.

Letting us enchant two stats would be a good bandaid. Better would be combining all them into a few buckets focusing overpower, crit damage, and cc damage. Vulnerable is fine as its own thing that increases all buckets.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Circle Nine posted:

Is there a reason there are only like 20 dungeons in the nightmare pool? Does it change every season? Serious question.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Is there a reason there are only like 20 dungeons in the nightmare pool? Does it change every season? Serious question.

We’ve only had two seasons so hard to say definitely but yeah seems so

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Yeah it rotates between a set fraction. Ghoa Ruins should be every season imo.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah there's a new list of 30 each season. Some are usually better for Character XP (lots of enemies), some are usually better for Glyph XP (run right to the boss), and some are just garbage for everything

They're only semi randomly generated so they feel repetitive. Now that they give an absurd mountain of Glyph XP for each run, you can ease up on the NMD Grinding imho

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Itemization has too much poo poo to it. Too many buckets. Dilutes the pool since most suck for your build.

Letting us enchant two stats would be a good bandaid. Better would be combining all them into a few buckets focusing overpower, crit damage, and cc damage. Vulnerable is fine as its own thing that increases all buckets.

This is one of those things I am expecting the expansion will address. The itemization will almost for sure get condensed down to something actually reasonable eventually. Blizzard does this with all of their games, so that is why I am expecting it.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Mikojan posted:

i haven't had my bag fill up yet on a single run on a rift and then i can just go back to town and junk it all, but yeah it would be nice to not have junk cluttering the inventory slots

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Maybe it's a me-issue but inspecting every item in my bag takes me a long time because of the gigantic pool of stats that are only slightly different.
Then the formatting of most mods take up multiple lines, together with the blob of text from special affixes makes it so a lot of items stretch out from the top of my screen all the way down to the bottom.

I wish the item tooltips were wider, the affix text more condensed and the pool of generic damage/defensive mods to be smaller.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh no it's an everybody-issue that the loot has too many affixes. I forget the specifics but they're targeting a season in the future (4?) to have a new Loot System entirely, I want to say? It's been one of the most firmly held & frequently repeated concerns about the game since launch

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah I think first major loot overhaul is s4 but I’m still not gonna expect much until expansion late next year.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah it rotates between a set fraction. Ghoa Ruins should be every season imo.

Ah ok. I guess a shorter list helps people find the ones they like maybe? I would like to see more that can overlap with the whispers.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Ah ok. I guess a shorter list helps people find the ones they like maybe? I would like to see more that can overlap with the whispers.

They should just make nmds award tree points

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

That too!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Like make the 5 tree point one always be part of the season set but the non special nmds award 1, 2, or 3 points depending on if the dungeon is normal, sacred, or ancestral.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Blizzard hire me

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Destiny 2 has a seasonal artefact that increases in power as you level up, and then next season you get a new artefact you have to level up all over again. That's also where you get the weird seasonal powers like the current season where solar guns make everything explode so much sometimes it throws up an error code and boots you to orbit.

Also power becomes meaningless in Destiny past a certain point because of caps and limitations on which activities in which you can use the artefact's power boost, but in Diablo terms they should just let you keep getting as many paragon points as you like, and then at the start of the new season it resets.

Just don't make us relevel the glyphs, that would suck.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Destiny 2 has a seasonal artefact that increases in power as you level up, and then next season you get a new artefact you have to level up all over again. That's also where you get the weird seasonal powers like the current season where solar guns make everything explode so much sometimes it throws up an error code and boots you to orbit.

Also power becomes meaningless in Destiny past a certain point because of caps and limitations on which activities in which you can use the artefact's power boost, but in Diablo terms they should just let you keep getting as many paragon points as you like, and then at the start of the new season it resets.

Just don't make us relevel the glyphs, that would suck.

Okay but destiny is dogshit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

Okay but destiny is dogshit lol

I'm sad about this fact, I wish that game wasnt so awful.