Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Al! posted:

to me, it's more like a second different body that exists in your mind, a cybernetic body if you will...................

the opening montage with V staring in the mirror at themselves was crazy in VR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

I wanna play cyberpunk in VR and get hit by a car

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

finally I can t-pose with keanu without getting arrested

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite works on steam deck.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
had some trouble taking down a bunch of militech guys way over my level in the badlands west of dogtown but i finally took them down. to celebrate, i plunked down on some pipes for a while, put on some nice spacey music and watched the avs scurry by while the big airships eclipsed the setting sun. merry christmas

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mr Hootington posted:

is there truly nothing fortnite can't do

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Popy posted:

I bought DD for like 20bux out of a bargain bin and that’s the right price for a mid rear end game

masterworks all

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

goat

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

dd is nothing like souls imho.
it is a celebration of life.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
been playing Afterimage which is a chinese-made metroidvania. picked it up on sale yesterday. it's good, i think i like it more than Ender Lilies but they're both comparable

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
president xi, save us. we meager gamers yearn for good games instead of bad mtx-laden trash

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

been playing Afterimage which is a chinese-made metroidvania. picked it up on sale yesterday. it's good, i think i like it more than Ender Lilies but they're both comparable

I could definitely get why someone wouldn't like it, but I loved just how much variety there was and the un-metroidvania setting of lush, rich environments for the most part. The whole "any attack at the right time while airborne will boost you a little further forward" thing was a great way to make me feel like I was doing far better at platforming than I was actually doing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/docsquiddy/status/1738828036894535970?t=xwoHP8HsVkOHZAbLXtrHrw&s=19

Lol this was the same moron behind this stupid take from two months ago

https://twitter.com/docsquiddy/status/1716679430217580782?t=6npGkPSBOzEgBe6e9X3uOg&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a 1070 should be able to play any game for the rest of time with the gfx turned down so help me god

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
jfc old man 1060??

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I just got to the car part in disco elysium, came to the realization at the same time as the mc, struggling to think of a time I've laughed harder at a video game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’s only an rpg if you can Google the right answers to make relationship bar go up

Augus has issued a correction as of 04:43 on Dec 25, 2023

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ziasquinn posted:

jfc old man 1060??

It’s a workhorse. Best card for sheer longevity, maybe.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
i have a 1080 and while it coughs and sputters and maybe is in the process of dying it can still run snowrunner at the highest settings and thats the most difficult thing i need it to do

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
DBZ skins dropped.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
IIRC, the reason AW2 skullfucks older cards is that its using some specific graphic doohickey that only newer cards support but basically no other game uses.

Still tho. We're three generations down the line and crypto isn't driving up GPU prices any more. Upgrade now before Comrade Xi cuts off the supply of graphics cards.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the gameplay of games will never require more than a potato to run so they trick you by locking the boot up to fully animating alan wakes individual hair strand physics

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

The Chad Jihad posted:

I just got to the car part in disco elysium, came to the realization at the same time as the mc, struggling to think of a time I've laughed harder at a video game

I did the same thing truly amazing moment

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The Chad Jihad posted:

conversely the whole sequence of them sitting together waiting for the ice to thaw was one of the most melancholy moments of any media I've experienced

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Real hurthling! posted:

a 1070 should be able to play any game for the rest of time with the gfx turned down so help me god

My 1070 still does, so far. I got RE4R in the winter sale and it runs like a dream

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
disco elysium is so loving good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

crepeface posted:

:hmmyes:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drat horror queefs posted:

My 1070 still does, so far. I got RE4R in the winter sale and it runs like a dream

yeah its godlike

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

crepeface posted:

yup

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

is hoping for a spiritual sequel realistic? Didn’t know if the devs were all scattered to the winds or if some landed together

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the creators are all still friends

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Spend all game talking about how great communism is and how you are one. Then, very end of the book, you meet the only other communist. He calls you a fuckin lib.

10/10 high art

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Real hurthling! posted:

the gameplay of games will never require more than a potato to run so they trick you by locking the boot up to fully animating alan wakes individual hair strand physics

well maybe games should do fancy cfd and fdm numerical modelling for the gameplay

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Real hurthling! posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yes its half your frames but then you get it back with motion smoothing. dumbass

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol i have a 3080 and ray tracing has ran like absolute poo poo on every game i tried it. i'll take 144fps while looking 95% as good without it than a chunking fluctuating 35-50s fps with it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Homeless Friend posted:

motion smoothing

gah

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i'll give you some smooth motions right here

🖕

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sometimes the ray tracing actually makes the game look worse as a neat little bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Augus posted:

sometimes the ray tracing actually makes the game look worse as a neat little bonus

yea i think i tried it on metro exodus and it seemed to actively be worse. afaik the actual benefit is to generate static lighting maps from it rather than having each individual installation do its own dynamic work