Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Games I've Played Recently

Children of Morta (and Paws and Claws DLC) - Roguelike - Paid $6.74 - Clocked 32 Hours

This was fine! Roguelikes are my favorite and the gameplay's solid so I was willing to forgive a lot of this game's flaws (mainly related to balance issues, the boring omnipresent narrative and the ugly, cluttered art style). Haven't finished the main story yet and I'm not sure if I ever will, it's a fun title but nothing special. 6.5/10

Death Road to Canada - Roguelike Survival - Paid $4.01 - Clocked 27.7 Hours

A funny little game that's basically The Oregon Trail if it were about surviving a zombie apocalypse. It's fairly deep and the gameplay is decent, though the survival sections are the weakest part of the title. Feels unfairly difficult at times, which is what caused me to put it down. Might revisit. 7/10

Halls of Torment - Vampire Survivors-like - Paid $4.28 - Clocked 80.9 Hours

Probably could tell by the playtime that I enjoyed this one, and yet I can't really give it more than a mild recommendation. The variety of characters and powers is pretty neat but the core gameplay loop might not be so appealing to those not as enchanted by Number Go Up. 7.5/10

Gunlocked (and The Second Gunning DLC) - Space Shooter - Paid $3.20 - Clocked 11.2 Hours (ongoing)

Still playing this one. It's basically exactly what I want out of a title, which is to be simple enough to pick up and play but has enough depth to keep things interesting. Held back by balance issues and comparatively little content but hard to complain about that given the price. 8/10

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

what's it like to have opinions about video games

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Evil Kit posted:

It stinks and I want to cry.

Oh, wait, thought you said “onions”.

Anyway, it stinks and I want to cry.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Opinions are like assholes… they rock!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watching my 4 year old Nephew play Roblox and ffuuuuuuuuccckkkk it is a monetised hellscape. Thankfully my brother is smart enough to lock the account down, but it's just non-stop BUY ROBUX 4 GEMS ads in every screen

:stare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Watching my 4 year old Nephew play Roblox and ffuuuuuuuuccckkkk it is a monetised hellscape. Thankfully my brother is smart enough to lock the account down, but it's just non-stop BUY ROBUX 4 GEMS ads in every screen

There are apparently at least a handful of really good games on it? Do those games generally cost money to play though?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Evil Kit posted:

I have an opinion about video games.

They're fun!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Infinitum posted:

Roblox is very, very bad.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Some games are good, some games are bad, but I’ll play ‘em all and no one can stop me!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

I have an opinion about video games.

They're fun!

:mods:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

it makes me goddamn sad that roblox is this generation's version of messing around in WC3 customs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

There are apparently at least a handful of really good games on it? Do those games generally cost money to play though?

Maybe? It looked like just nonstop ADHD coloured flickering lights.

0 gameplay, just clicks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me: Okay, Jedi Survivor is installed. I will play just a bit to check the performance before going to bed.

Cut to me an hour later because god these games are fun

Also yeah it ran just fine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cal has a grappling hook in this one and it's pretty drat cool

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jedi Survivor is amazing.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is it a significant step up from Fallen Order

I enjoyed that game as a mainstreamed dark souls

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Me: Okay, Jedi Survivor is installed. I will play just a bit to check the performance before going to bed.

Cut to me an hour later because god these games are fun

Also yeah it ran just fine.

Apparently someones figured out how to do AMD frame gen on older NVidia cards, which is pretty huge
https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=description

Not sure if it works with Jedi Survivor, but it looks like they're constantly updating atm.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Holy poo poo I drew this??? And I don't remember what Let's Play this is fanart of... I feel like it was a supergreatfriend joint? Was it ILLBLEED-related? Wow, a blast from the past. Merry Cwismuh, evewyone.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

VoidBurger posted:

Holy poo poo I drew this??? And I don't remember what Let's Play this is fanart of... I feel like it was a supergreatfriend joint? Was it ILLBLEED-related? Wow, a blast from the past. Merry Cwismuh, evewyone.

yes sir it is from the ILLBLEED let's play i think about it every year

mewwy chwismuhh

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Steve Yun posted:

Is it a significant step up from Fallen Order

I enjoyed that game as a mainstreamed dark souls

If you liked Fallen Order you'll love Survivor. It's just more of that, but better.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Merry Christmas chat thread!! :D (Almost over here though haha)

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Merry Christmas gamers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Apparently someones figured out how to do AMD frame gen on older NVidia cards, which is pretty huge
https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=description

Not sure if it works with Jedi Survivor, but it looks like they're constantly updating atm.

I have the NVidia DLSS on slightly which is doing wonders. My card's not too old, I think.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Merry Crimmus ya'll. I'm playing Mario RPG in my comfy new dressing gown.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ringing in the new Jesus by playing Carrion and Dicey Dungeons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I left out a Panera charged lemonade for Santa and he drank the whole thing!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rip santa

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

it's ok he has the mass to handle it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Haven't had a christmas gaming opportunity.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ75iwWbIIU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

VostokProgram posted:

it's ok he has the mass to handle it

But what if everyone does that :ohdear:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I got a Fire tablet for Christmas. Huzzah! I already installed the Play Store. :)

Unfortunately, it can't play my favorite game. :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my mom got me a new chair mat for my room and she found a GAMER CHAIR MAT with LED LIGHTING

it's very fancy i didn't even know they made these

i also got some fun sumo memorabilia and a steam gift card :toot:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kerrzhe posted:

my mom got me a new chair mat for my room and she found a GAMER CHAIR MAT with LED LIGHTING

it's very fancy i didn't even know they made these

i also got some fun sumo memorabilia and a steam gift card :toot:

I'm jealous. That's cool as heck

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Well I've eaten and eaten well

Soon it's time to play Robocop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've known Turgle for five minutes but if anything happens to him the galaxy is toast