Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Visitors should not get close to the sculpture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

In North American tradition (in the United States and Canada), Santa is said to live at the North Pole, which according to Canada Post lies within Canadian jurisdiction in postal code H0H 0H0[61] (a reference to "ho ho ho", Santa's notable saying, although postal codes starting with H are usually reserved for the island of Montréal in Québec).

santa's quebecois, i knew it

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

in montreal its H0N H0N

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
That one homie with a notable saying

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Depicted here are algorithmically generated images of Jimmy Wales, co-founder of Wikipedia, performing bench press exercises at a fitness gym.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the first basilisk is believed to have been created by a Greek Dark wizard and Parselmouth named Herpo the Foul.[HPF] Herpo made this discovery by hatching a chicken egg under a toad.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

the first basilisk is believed to have been created by a Greek Dark wizard and Parselmouth named Herpo the Foul.[HPF] Herpo made this discovery by hatching a chicken egg under a toad.

I'm afraid to ask what Crabby the Itchy created

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

His product was originally named "Baby Gays" in recognition of them being intended for infants before being renamed "Q-tips Baby Gays", with the "Q" standing for "quality".

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

If only i could

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
his preferred sexual orifice was the anus.[223]

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The name "Polish draughts" was following a Dutch convention of the time that "unnatural" ideas were considered "Polish".[1]

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Crescent Wrench posted:

not who I expected, but it tracks.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Crescent Wrench posted:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

While growing up, Jolson had many black friends,

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
During the feudal era, the outcastes were termed eta (穢多, lit. 'an abundance of defilement' or 'an abundance of filth'), a term now considered derogatory

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Soricidus posted:

During the feudal era, the outcastes were termed eta (穢多, lit. 'an abundance of defilement' or 'an abundance of filth'), a term now considered derogatory
wokeness has gone too far!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Leck posted:

wokeness has gone too far!

"store møgsvin" is a universal call that heeds no creed nor code. it is the same word i would use for a friend or a foe. hear ye, abundances of filth. hear ye, brothers. and enemies. hear!

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 29, 2023

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
In U.S. culture, despite its republican constitution and ideology, royalist honorific nicknames have been used to describe leading figures in various areas of activity, such as industry, commerce, sports, and the media;

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The 1978 movie Grease portrays the local drive-in as a preferred spot for trysts. This indicates that the drive-in theater experience was a part of North American pop culture during this time, coupled with people's love for cars and movies. It was also popular among young people to meet up and have sex, smoke marijuana and drink alcohol.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A later variant of this song is the Shaker song "Hinkum-Booby", which had more similar lyrics to the modern song and was published in Edward Deming Andrews' A gift to be simple in 1940: (p. 42).[4]

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
"Banana phone" redirects here. For the children's album, see Bananaphone.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The Wardens originally considered expanding the ritual to the United States. However, they later ruled against expansion, fearing a loss of control over the ritual.[11] Efforts to secure control of the ritual were made in 1935, when the obligation was copyrighted, and the Corporation of the Seven Wardens formally incorporated in 1938.[11]

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Double-frame eyewear with one set of lenses on the moving frame and another pair of lenses on a fixed frame (optional).

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1741617178489524384

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Honestly pretty surprised that Disney didn't get their senators to cram through a last minute copyright extension law. Maybe they realized that that don't make any money on steamboat willie

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's pretty much what I assumed. It was very disappointing to see a bunch of headlines about Mickey entering public domain, only to find "just Steamboat Willie, though" when I dug deeper, who cares about that.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Sagebrush posted:

Honestly pretty surprised that Disney didn't get their senators to cram through a last minute copyright extension law. Maybe they realized that that don't make any money on steamboat willie
AFAICT, they're going to settle for just trademark control of Mickey in the future. https://screenrant.com/mickey-mouse-copyright-expiration-explained/

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeah, it's why they've been making so many different products with steamboat willie on them these past couple years, get as many trademarks as possible

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This description is not correct. The photo is from Fættenfjord north of Trondheim.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

In addition to galleries, the museum was home to Veronika, a restaurant operated by Stephen Starr.[4] Open for a few months before it paused due to the coronavirus pandemic, Veronika at Fotografiska Museum, according to Time Out was a "high profile, gilded restaurant" that "never truly got going again." It permanently closed on September 1, 2021. As of September 2023, the restaurant is open. [5]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

More events of defenestration have occurred in Prague during its history, but they are not usually called defenestrations of Prague.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

More events of defenestration have occurred in Prague during its history, but they are not usually called defenestrations of Prague.

if i were a reporter at a prague TV news station, i'd have a Defenestration Alert graphic ready to go, and a countdown since last using it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mescal posted:

if i were a reporter at a prague TV news station, i'd have a Defenestration Alert graphic ready to go, and a countdown since last using it.
the clickable section menu banner running across the top of the website of the citys top newspaper: "world local sports defenestrations culture business classfied"

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

first day back to work after the holidays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Birdo appears in the Wii Japan-only video game Captain Rainbow, which delves into Birdo's gender identity.[14] It specifically depicts her being imprisoned for entering the women's bathroom, and the player is asked to locate proof of her femininity (her vibrator) to get her out.[15]