Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

PT6A posted:

Was that before, after, or in conjunction with shoving a UV light up your bunghole?

Not entirely unrelated, was that near the time he looked directly at the sun to see an eclipse?

The problem really got started when he touched the orb and absorbed its powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

BiggerBoat posted:

The problem really got started when he touched the orb and absorbed its powers

I'm glad David Dees lived long enough to see this picture

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PT6A posted:

Was that before, after, or in conjunction with shoving a UV light up your bunghole?

Not entirely unrelated, was that near the time he looked directly at the sun to see an eclipse?

You're favorite president (me) goes and purifies himself under the day of black unlike that coward Coz-y Oz-ai I call him, locked away in his bunker. Many people are saying this, but he couldn't even beat a little child. I tell you what I'd do. If say avatar, and I don't even know why we need an avatar, who wants balance when you're in top? You want to balance with the air people? They're dead, and that's what the avatar wants...

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Seems disturbing!
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1738310965139997119?t=D3u_BhZd8EMHQJlmrtt6ug&s=19

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

He looks like someone I can trust. What's the problem?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

BiggerBoat posted:

He looks like the badguy from the first Men in Black film.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

jfc

All the poo poo he keeps pulling this year makes me think he's trying for some kind of award. I don't know if this tops the bullshit with Kate Cox but it sure is close.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Of course the maximum amount of cruel, otherwise pointless punishment is coming from Ken "so blatantly corrupt he actually challenged Republican party cohesion for a second" Paxton

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don’t really think he can force that hospital to comply

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t really think he can force that hospital to comply
It'll be funny when Seattle does the obvious thing by correctly invoking states' rights

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What does Texas do to trans children? Detransition and abduct them to give to a Christian family?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

The Islamic Shock posted:

It'll be funny when Seattle does the obvious thing by correctly invoking states' rights

The day afterward Texas will announce the first in a series of "Fugitive devilry laws" authorizing bounty hunters to capture people across state lines for whatever culture war bullshit they feel like this week

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

DarklyDreaming posted:

The day afterward Texas will announce the first in a series of "Fugitive devilry laws" authorizing bounty hunters to capture people across state lines for whatever culture war bullshit they feel like this week
Yes, that is why it will be funny. Incredibly depressing but also funny

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Didn't Florida already do something like this recently, or try to?

Misunderstood
Jan 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Normally a guy would have to be pretty evil for me to joke about an unfortunate physical condition, anyway it looks like justice is only half-blind in Texas

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Oh drat, i was wondering what Kuato was up to.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

I AM GRANDO posted:

What does Texas do to trans children? Detransition and abduct them to give to a Christian family?

Long answer: SB14 requires that transition care not be performed. Violating that by taking your child our of state could cause you to be investigated by child protective services, same as any other "non-medically nessisary" procedure. (air quotes because "illegal to perform" is an easy argument to make against medical necessity) Which leads us to the
Short Answer:
A four+ year long court battle.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Tnega posted:

Long answer: SB14 requires that transition care not be performed. Violating that by taking your child our of state could cause you to be investigated by child protective services, same as any other "non-medically nessisary" procedure. (air quotes because "illegal to perform" is an easy argument to make against medical necessity) Which leads us to the
Short Answer:
A four+ year long court battle.
Hol' up, Texas can just bring in a federal agency and make them play by their rules like that?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

...! posted:

jfc

All the poo poo he keeps pulling this year makes me think he's trying for some kind of award. I don't know if this tops the bullshit with Kate Cox but it sure is close.

is there some kind of top ten / top twenty list of the absolute worst things this guy has done? because he does that whole crime dilation thing where he's doing so much awful stuff you forget some of the real historical hideousness of the man

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

The Islamic Shock posted:

Hol' up, Texas can just bring in a federal agency and make them play by their rules like that?

It is less about any specific agency, rather that states have a lot of power within themselves. From my non-lawer reading of the law in question, the punishment for performing trans-affirming care is the loss of medical licensure, which I assume is why the doctors performing said care left the state.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

The problem is that Paxton appears to be demanding that a Washington hospital comply with Texas law (Paxton's office says that they made a "request;" the hospital is calling it a demand) which he doesn't have the authority to do.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

And I shouldn't have gone down the rabbit hole when looking for the latest news on Kate Cox. Turns out that the major anti-choice organizations are actually very upset with Paxton because they believe that he didn't go far enough. They say he should have figured out a way to prevent her from being allowed to leave the state and thus forced to give birth.

These people are deranged.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

...! posted:

The problem is that Paxton appears to be demanding that a Washington hospital comply with Texas law (Paxton's office says that they made a "request;" the hospital is calling it a demand) which he doesn't have the authority to do.

This sounds like a combination of the AG's office saying "I just called up the Seatle hospitals and asked them to provide records.
No I didn't have any legal authority for doing so. I'd just hope that they'd do it because I am a person of authority making a request."
And the hospital saying "when we were asked to do this, we said no. And the Texas AG's office snarled and made lots of threats which were ultimately meaningless because we knew they didn't have any legal authority to make them."

Still pretty chilling stuff.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

The Question IRL posted:

This sounds like a combination of the AG's office saying "I just called up the Seatle hospitals and asked them to provide records.
No I didn't have any legal authority for doing so. I'd just hope that they'd do it because I am a person of authority making a request."
And the hospital saying "when we were asked to do this, we said no. And the Texas AG's office snarled and made lots of threats which were ultimately meaningless because we knew they didn't have any legal authority to make them."

Still pretty chilling stuff.

This. Paxton isn't known for making requests, I'd be willing to bet money his office was fairly aggressive - but turned tail pretty quickly when they were told to piss off.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Merry Christmas? I guess?

https://twitter.com/parkermolloy/status/1738990755539009614?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:staredog:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
They're assembling a team (of cancelled, awful people)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Lots of stuff to hate in that picture.

I'm the TWO christmas trees.

To show I live Jesus and his birthday twice as much as everyone else.

If it were framed right, we could call it "Between Two Ferns Tenenbaums"

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

This is layers upon layers of hosed up and pathetic

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
That is one of the most insane things I have ever even seen. I always loved Spacey as an actor but holy poo poo that dude is dog poo poo. Isn't Tucker supposed to be utterly opposed to child predators or is he just cool with that now?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Look it’s fine, he was acquitted

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

TGG posted:

That is one of the most insane things I have ever even seen. I always loved Spacey as an actor but holy poo poo that dude is dog poo poo. Isn't Tucker supposed to be utterly opposed to child predators or is he just cool with that now?

Guess he's trying to show he's cool with gay people.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Ha, I can buy the idea that the only gay person Tucker would talk with comfortably is a rapist in a Republican pantomime.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TGG posted:

You are probably aware of this but people like Tucker and many conservatives are not actually opposed to child predators. In fact they are big fans of grooming and pedophilia, which is why it's so loving hard to pass laws against child marriage in southern states. What they are opposed to is gay and trans people existing but since it's harder to say that without pissing people off, they had to loudly and proudly push the message that every LGBTQ+ person is a pedo who wants to groom and/or trans yer kids. They literally oppose things that make kids safer and more capable of keeping safe from abusers, because they want to be able to abuse their own kids and treat them as property.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Professor Beetus posted:

You are probably aware of this but people like Tucker and many conservatives are not actually opposed to child predators. In fact they are big fans of grooming and pedophilia, which is why it's so loving hard to pass laws against child marriage in southern states. What they are opposed to is gay and trans people existing but since it's harder to say that without pissing people off, they had to loudly and proudly push the message that every LGBTQ+ person is a pedo who wants to groom and/or trans yer kids. They literally oppose things that make kids safer and more capable of keeping safe from abusers, because they want to be able to abuse their own kids and treat them as property.

Oh yeah I know the brutal hideous poo poo these monsters will spew, I know and work with piles of them. I have several co-workers who were forced into arranged marriages and as much as the people they support hate them for being "foreign", they love the idea of sexual slavery and are determined to vote Republican. It is sickening and it is always done under the aegis of "we know what is best". The Republicans really seem to have weaponized the "father(and only father) knows best"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TGG posted:

Oh yeah I know the brutal hideous poo poo these monsters will spew, I know and work with piles of them. I have several co-workers who were forced into arranged marriages and as much as the people they support hate them for being "foreign", they love the idea of sexual slavery and are determined to vote Republican. It is sickening and it is always done under the aegis of "we know what is best". The Republicans really seem to have weaponized the "father(and only father) knows best"

You touched on something with the father thing, because tbh that's really the most obvious tell, even without all the other obvious poo poo. Lots of religious conservative dads are literally grooming their daughters for their husbands; purity balls are probably the most obvious example of this, and one of the weirdest.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Yeah the IBLP and other arch-conservative Evangelical movements are entirely about empowering fathers to do whatever they want and face zero consequences for it. Like as lovely as the standard Evangelical complementarian view (i.e. the whole "husband has final say because Bible") is, these people rocket right past it in shittiness. The family exists solely at the pleasure of the father, and whatever he says goes, with any hesitation being met with violence. Children are trained from infancy to prioritize whatever their father wants, with boys getting the promise that some day, they will be fathers, and girls being told that their future husband will be chosen by their father as an extension of his will. The father is the head of a God-established government, you see, so his authority is absolute and what he says may as well be straight from God Himself, and the state has no right to interfere. Turns out, this system is rife with horrifying abuse!

Like, seriously, if you manage to get access to any IBLP training material, it is deeply upsetting. If anyone starts talking about his family using umbrella metaphors and mentioning Jesus a lot, consider calling CPS because that man definitely has a dedicated stick for hitting infants near his person.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Professor Beetus posted:

You touched on something with the father thing, because tbh that's really the most obvious tell, even without all the other obvious poo poo. Lots of religious conservative dads are literally grooming their daughters for their husbands; purity balls are probably the most obvious example of this, and one of the weirdest.

I had never even heard of a purity ball until the other day when I read about Mike Johnson having taken his daughter to one in the past and making her say some really creepy poo poo.

A looooooooot of stuff is sliding into place right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Why do these guys always have that weird baby face?
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1739032939680121323?t=x25eyDSuIk9yvjWzLARJRw&s=19