Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

If you had actually watched Behind The Laughter you'd have known that they had stories for years.

That's Gump Roast, you fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I once had a roommate from Mexico who started all her texts in our group chat with "Hey gays". Still not sure if it was a misspelling tbh.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
French pigs are like oinque oinque
Japanese pigs go oinku oinku
American pigs say STOP RESISTING

(not my joke)

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

credburn posted:

(not A joke)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Every time you've had a panini for lunch? It was actually a panino :aaaaa:
(unless you ate more than one)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Like when I found out about scampo-scampi as a teenager

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

credburn posted:

(not my joke)

Röh röh superiority.

Also I thought French pigs say something like croui croui or is that just the feral hogs in Asterix?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

AKCHUALLY, Japanese pigs say "buu buu."

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Aren't oinku boinku jojo characters

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There are Asterix Playmobils.

e: Also lady Playmobils have boobs now?

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I was in Luxembourg recently and in a bookshop I saw the latest Asterix book for sale. Latest as in from October 2023. They're still coming out, without either of the two original creators.

The newer ones have parodies of Michel Houllebecq and Bernard-Henri Lévy, continuing the tradition of French guy references that meant nothing to kids like me reading in translation.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Charlie Brown wasn't really searching for the meaning of Christmas. His only concern was the Christmas play of which he'd been named director. Even after Linus gave his famous Bible-quoting speech on the stage, Charlie Brown's only inspiration was that his tree would somehow work. ("I'll take this little tree home and decorate it. And I'll show 'em. It really will work in our play.") We never see the actual play that so preoccupied Charlie Brown.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Call that "a play without a play"

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

The reindeer's name is Donder

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

CloFan posted:

Also according to the same poem, they -- and Santa himself, and the sleigh -- are all miniature. Santa doesn't magically squeeze down the chimney, he's just small. Proportionally chubby, sure, but still small.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

CloFan posted:

I just realised "Dunder" and "Blixten" are thunder and lightning.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Sir Lemming posted:

Also according to the same poem, they -- and Santa himself, and the sleigh -- are all miniature. Santa doesn't magically squeeze down the chimney, he's just small. Proportionally chubby, sure, but still small.

He's a Jolly Old Elf

The Keebler kind, not the Legolas kind

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

for fucks sake posted:

I just realised "Dunder" and "Blixten" are thunder and lightning.

Huh. That's 'donder' and 'bliksem' in Dutch...

I guess I just figured something out, too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Santa is well known to be the most benevolent of the Fey

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
"Benevolent" fey? Balderdash! All fey-kind are tricksters and should never be trusted.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ommin posted:

"Benevolent" fey? Balderdash! All fey-kind are tricksters and should never be trusted.

If he's so untrustworthy, why would New Mexico have an entire town dedicated to him :colbert:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

I've been reading this story to my daughter all month and never caught that. There are multiple references! Although the illustrations show a grown-rear end man.

Was there ever a tiny-Santa movie? The chimney problem is already solved at least

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Captain Hygiene posted:

If he's so untrustworthy, why would New Mexico have an entire town dedicated to him :colbert:
Fear. The things he is allowed to do there would astound you. But no one is ever the wiser because no one ever goes to Santa Fe, except those pitiful souls already trapped there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CloFan posted:

Was there ever a tiny-Santa movie? The chimney problem is already solved at least

That seems ripe for a creepy Twilight Zone adaptation, instead of an old lady being terrified by tiny NASA spacemen, it's tiny Santa trying to deliver normal sized(?) presents :ohdear:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Santa is a Catholic saint.

Specifically the saint of sailors, pawnbrokers, burglars, prostitutes, and children.

Also he's Greek.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CloFan posted:

I've been reading this story to my daughter all month and never caught that. There are multiple references! Although the illustrations show a grown-rear end man.

:thejoke:
They're miniature because of perspective whilst they fly from the horizon to author's house.

While I'm on my Santa Actualys, he also looks like a French trapper or similar as the author, an American in the early 19th century, describes the stereotypical frontiersman of the Western Reserve bedecked in fur and a barely kempt beard.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I've been reintrigued by the mini Santa is actual Santa but its really hard to check scholarship in 2023 because googling is santa miniature just wants to sell me miniature santas. I want fan art of a little Santa struggling to deliver an Xbox.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Teensy Santa, gasping, panting: I miss... When kids... Used to play... With JACKS

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

Santa is a Catholic saint.

Well yeah his name is Saint.

edit El Santo Claus

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Well yeah his name is Saint.

edit El Santo Claus

His name is Jultomten :colbert:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

His name is Jultomten :colbert:

Tomten/Nisse in all it's form's is Pagan ancestor worship

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 07:20 on Dec 26, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Tomten/Nisse in all it's form's is Pagan ancestor worship

As it should be. I blame the seppos for all that is wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-96YTHPlgU&t=20s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ommin posted:

Oh is open feycism just allowed on the boards now? Cool.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Did somebody say face jism??

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

CloFan posted:

HOLD ME CLOSER, TINY SANTA

in theatres this Christmas.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Sir Lemming posted:

Eight tiny reindeer....so he's got a mini sleigh & flying Dik-Diks basically :3:

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

As it should be. I blame the seppos for all that is wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-96YTHPlgU&t=20s

WEAR A HORSE SKELETON HEAD THIS CHRISTMAS!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

gently caress yeah, bring back the Mari Lwd! She gonna frighten everyone into being festive as gently caress

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Rewatched the old '91 flick Dutch & realized one of the girls that Dutch & Doyle hitch a ride from is none other than E.G. Daily, voice of Tommy from Rugrats & Buttercup from Powerpuff Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
She was also Babe in Babe: Pig in the City

The original Babe was Chucky