Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

AITA for going almost full Karen at a chain coffee shop

quote:

A few days ago I went to a local chain coffee shop and ordered a hot cinnamon-brown sugar latte with oat milk and a cookie, which has been my go-to at that chain for a very long time. When the worker called my name he handed me an iced drink which was whatever I wasn't going to make a fuss over that. However, after taking a sip I noticed something was amiss and I asked: "This is oat milk right?" And the guy responded, "No, it's regular milk." And I said: "I ordered and paid extra for oat milk." To which he told me "I can't make that kind of latte with oat milk. I also didn't charge you for the oat milk so deal with it."

Annoyed at this point, I asked if there was a manager and if I could see them. He sighed and walked off. A few moments later he came back followed by his supervisor. The woman asked me "What's going on here?" So I explained the situation and she told me "Well, he told me you didn't specify oat milk and didn't charge you for the oat milk." I tried to argue that my order cost me what it should have cost if I had been charged for the oat milk (again, it's my regular order at this particular chain) and the supervisor basically sided with her worker. That was until the other worker (AKA my saving grace) who was the only other person there, turned to the supervisor and said "She definitely ordered her drink with oat milk. He was just too lazy to grab it from the storage fridge so he just used regular milk." At this point the kid who had made my drink was like "I don't see what the big deal is, it's just milk."

Now this is where might be where I'm the jerk. I'm not allergic to milk, nor am I lactose intolerant or vegan, I just prefer to take my coffee with oat milk, but I lied and said "It is a big deal, I can't have milk for medical reasons." To this the supervisor's face went pale, then red with anger as she turned to the kid and said "Go in the back for now, I'll deal with you once I remake her drink." She quickly made me the drink I ordered and apologized profusely then briskly walked away. Another reason why I might be the jerk is because I also took the original latte I had been given and gave it to my brother (I mean they were only going to dump it out anyway). So AITA?

quite outside the whole topic of the post, "cinnamon brown sugar oat milk latte" sounds more like a cookie than a coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
yeah, the cookie that OP ordered seems kind of redundant

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm gonna need to know how tasty an alternative oat milk is before I render my judgment

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm gonna need to know how tasty an alternative oat milk is before I render my judgment

Oat milk is delicious! I absolutely love my oat milk creamer.

But also: gently caress that kid. If the OP had actually had lactose intolerance and taken a sip of that drink he’d have hosed up her stomach. If you’re too lazy to grab the oat milk from the storage freezer then just say ‘oh, we’re out of oat milk’ instead of giving someone something they didn’t order.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Yah, cheap lesson for the kid. Maybe he'll think about next time he nearly grabs almond milk because its the closest and stops him from killing someone with an allergy.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Should I be mad that my SIL puked in my bed?

quote:

I had my SIL and brother over for a holiday party a few days ago. They spent the night and I let them sleep in my bed. I slept on the couch. They left the next morning. Since I’m having folks over for Xmas, I went to change the sheets and saw that she had puked in my bed, on blankets and a pillow. When I sent her photos and asked her about it, her response was, “it was probably my gurd, sorry.” First of all, I was shocked she puked and didn’t say anything. Second, when confronted, I was shocked by her response. Probably the gurd?!?!? I mean, it WAS her, and how did she not know she did it? She says she didn’t notice it, even though they had put the covers over it. I confronted her, told her this was unacceptable and that it’s disrespectful to not have told me, cleaned it up and ideally, taken measures to avoid soiling my bed, since this is a regular occurrence. AITA for being pissed at her and confronting her about it, even though she has this medical condition?

quote:

This is disgusting. What did your brother say?!

OP posted:

He said he didn’t know it happened.

you can't expect us to notice every single little puke, that's just unreasonable

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why are people such assholes about food. Someone asks for their preferred ingredient, loving give it to them. Someone doesn't want something, don't trick them or pressure them. It's not loving difficult.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

you can't expect us to notice every single little puke, that's just unreasonable
If your GERD makes you do that on the regular you should probably get it checked out and start taking a proton-pump inhibitor in the meantime.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

Far tastier than any other dairy alternative, although it's also much higher sugar.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Foo Diddley posted:

*probably*? I've recently developed GERD and that poo poo makes itself known. Christ alive.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Pretty sure SIL got too drunk, got sick, and blamed it on GERD

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

AITA for going almost full Karen at a chain coffee shop

quite outside the whole topic of the post, "cinnamon brown sugar oat milk latte" sounds more like a cookie than a coffee

I want to go with ESH here? gently caress that kid but I don't think she needed to lie.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Space Kablooey posted:

I want to go with ESH here? gently caress that kid but I don't think she needed to lie.

She needed to lie so that the store would learn they genuinely hosed up and training should be done.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Space Kablooey posted:

Yeah, that was my actual answer, you've got support there along with the manager, you can get angry without faking a medical issue. But I *was* curious about oat milk too, I don't think I've ever heard anyone specifically say they prefer a milk substitute tastewise before.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Space Kablooey posted:

The lie is inconsequential in my mind. The kid had no way of knowing it wasn't true. If he made a habit of ignoring this sort of request, it's better he get his rear end kicked before he serves cow milk to someone who really can't tolerate it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
One sip of real cows milk when she hasn't taken a pill beforehand and that would be it for my wife's afternoon.

The punishment for the clerk would be being confined to the same room as her.

Dairy sensitivity is nothing to gently caress with.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

My vote would be Justified rear end in a top hat - it's a dick move to get someone in trouble at work but, as written, the escalation was necessary 'cause the kid wasn't going to pay attention otherwise.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The supervisor didn't give a gently caress until she lied, so I figure that's alright in my book. If it WAS true, it'd have really ruined her day. This way, maybe they start giving a poo poo and actually protect people with lactose problems.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
Just make poo poo the way people ask for it, what the gently caress

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 25, 2023

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The spicy wings story was removed for violent encounter loving :lmao:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

She needed to lie so that the store would learn they genuinely hosed up and training should be done.

Tbh if I was managing a store, not getting a customer order right because the guy was lazy would be a "genuine gently caress up" already imo.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Kitfox88 posted:

The spicy wings story was removed for violent encounter loving :lmao:

spicy wings are an act of aggression

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Space Kablooey posted:

Yeah India was going to be my guess as well.

Anyway NTA but you gotta be more sensitive about those things near Americans, especially those that consciously think they're exceptional

Language is a bit of a sore point among some Indians.

My Dad can speak Tamil, Kannada and English to native level fluency. As well as having a basic understanding of Hindi. So it's not about the number pf different languages one speaks/understands.

Under Modi there is a huge push to remove English, (the language of the colonial oppressors) as the "official language", and replace it with Hindi, (a language exclusively from the north of the country).

This shits my dad no end, as they have made it so the Civil Service Exams now require a huge Hindi competency component. Which my dad sees as northern indian colonialism. Because it means if you want to get a job as a bank teller in Madurai, then you have to learn Hindi. A language you will rarely encounter in your daily life, and were never taught in school until very recently.

This is also tied in with all the Modi/BJP Hindi/Hindu bigotry/Bharat stuff, and you get a very messy hot button political issue with strongly held beliefs and petty regional grudges on all sides.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, that was my actual answer, you've got support there along with the manager, you can get angry without faking a medical issue. But I *was* curious about oat milk too, I don't think I've ever heard anyone specifically say they prefer a milk substitute tastewise before.

I grew up drinking dairy milk. Alternative milks are far superior tasting. Coconut > Oat > Almond > Soy > Hemp. I mostly drink/use oat. Also much kinder to my old rear end digestive system.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Captain Hygiene posted:

But I *was* curious about oat milk too, I don't think I've ever heard anyone specifically say they prefer a milk substitute tastewise before.

Really? We aren't vegan or lactose intolerant in my house, but we drink almond milk, use vegan mayo, and I use soy creamer in my coffee. No reason other than they just taste better. Plus maybe sugar content. And almond milk doesn't go bad nearly as quick as dairy.

I only buy dairy milk when I cook for guests or I have a special recipe.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've switched to oat entirely for tea. Way better.

Cureall
Jan 12, 2022
Oat milk is great and it definitely improves lattes

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

spoilered for self-harm

how do I (27M) "prove it" to my gf (27F)?

quote:

my gf of 3 years wants me to get a tattoo of her initials on me to prove that I am committed to her.

Some backstory - last xmas I brought her home. She and my stepdad had a disagreement and I asked her to apologize to him after my mom was insisting on it so that we could get it over with and move on. She apologized but immediately regretted it to the point she started cutting herself for the first time in like 5 years.

Fast forward to yesterday and she is reminiscing about that incident and wants to prove that I understand her - which means getting a tattoo of her initials on me. I am not doing that as I hate tats and she knows it. We are probably breaking up but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask the internet for some creative ideas. Short of that or getting her an engagement ring - what are some other ways I can prove to her?

Mx. fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 26, 2023

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mx. posted:

I mean, he could just get a temp tattoo. Clearly that relationship is gonna be over before it washes off.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mx. posted:

We are probably breaking up

lol prove what exactly

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mx. posted:

My duuuuude this is what promise rings were invented for! It's the appearance of a commitment without any commitment. Become engaged to be engaged.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Alternative opinion, but I don't like oat milk and think it's extremely overrated. I have no idea why it's so popular. Coconut is far superior as an alternative to dairy in coffee.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Mx. posted:

"Had a disagreement" is carrying a lot of weight here

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Please spoiler self-harm. For anyone looking up the original post there’s replies sharing more stories (and some ugly comments too) so be kind to yourself.

I went looking to see if the OP added what the original argument was about but no info on that.

quote:

Obviously they should have a baby instead

Which one of you is this?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My girlfriend (23F) is convinced that I (24M) am having an affair with my doubles partner (22F). I am not and it's driving me mad

quote:

Hi reddit so I am a pro athlete, I won't say which sport exactly for anonymity but it's one where you can play singles and doubles. I met my girlfriend 2 and a half years ago and we had a wonderful relationship. I also made it very clear from the beginning that I would often have to be away travelling around the country and occasionally internationally to compete in tournaments and she accepted this and has never had a problem with it until the coaches paired me with this girl who I'll call Lucy. Who I'll admit I have become good friends with but that's it she isn't my type. Lucy is very conventionally attractive and most guys (100% not me) would find her more attractive than my girlfriend.

I think some of her gossipy friends have got into her head telling her she shouldn't trust me going to hotels with this attractive girl without here there (my girlfriend is always welcome to come along to spectate but usually can't because of work). She then started reading into things that aren't there like not being happy that me and Lucy hugged each other after winning a tournament together recently, liek what!? and apparently looking too close on the team social media even though those pictures are designed to make the team look tight nit. She is asking all sorts of unreasonable things like asking me to stay in a sperate hotel to Lucy. The coaches book the hotels and the whole team stays in the same one. It would look so strange if I asked not to be with them. My girlfriend was not happy with this explanation. She is now demanding that I asked for a different doubles partner which I refuse to do firstly because doing so to me would be like admitting there's something going on when their isn't and secondly I am not messing with my chances of success and winning titles because she can't get over her insecurities.

During a recent conversation I admitted to my girlfriend that soon in the run up to the Olympics I will probably be spending more time training with Lucy than ever before and she absolutely blew up saying she loves me but can't deny what's going on right in front of her eyes and she can't do this anymore. I screamed "THERE IS NOTHING GOING ON" and she stormed out and says she is going to her parents for a few days. And that's were we are at the moment. My goodness I love this girl so much and I just want her to trust me dam it, I have never given her a reason not to. Any advice on how to convince her to trust me? please don't say ditch Lucy as a doubles partner because I ain't doing that.

TL;DR- I have have an attractive mixed doubles partner I play at pro level with. My girlfriend has listed to gossip and believes I am having an affair. I am not. Any advice?

UPDATE: My girlfriend (23F) is convinced that I (24M) am having an affair with my doubles partner (22F). I am not and it's driving me mad

quote:

I don't know if anyone really wanted an update but things got pretty crazy. After my girlfriend stormed off to her parents we spoke again over the phone and she still didn't believe me and I was tired of it so we agreed to end things. She came and collected her stuff a couple of days later and I thought that would be the end. Then 3 weeks passed and she suddenly comes to my place at night telling me what a fool she had been and claiming she had come to her senses and knows I wasn't cheating. I was pretty happy to hear that and we had some pretty great make up sex and it seemed problem solved. Then for like a week and a half I started to get very suspicious of this sudden change of heart. How she went from being 100% sure I was having an affair to 100% sure I am not like the flick of a switch. Her behaviour was also off like she was trying too hard to make it up to me, she was never asking me to do any chores like she (completely fairly did before). I was coming home to a girlfriend who had my favourite meal made on the table and dressed up sexy for me which was out of character.

I then confronted her demanding to know why the sudden change, she denied it at first but then admitted that she hired a PI in those 3 weeks she was gone to get proof of me and Lucy having an affair to prove she was right. When in fact he did the opposite when he told her after his weeks of watching that we definetly wasn't having an affair. This was big of a breach of trust and of my private life so I told her we are over permanently this time. She actually accepted this quite calmly seeing pretty resigned to it. We then parted amicably, She packed and left again but I did speak to her yesterday where she seemed in ok spirits enjoying Christmas with her family and she told me she is getting therapy in the new year to work on her issues and paranoia. And for me well I am all good I thought I would be really broken up about it but I actually feel quite happy and free. Just enjoying Christmas and looking forward to trying to get into the Olympics without all the drama. Oh and to those who thought Lucy might have been into me she has not made any moves on me since the break up at all and their has been no changes in our dynamic. Thanks all who commented.

TL;DR- We broke up, she came back claiming to believe me. Turned out she hired a PI. We permanently broke up over this. We are both doing well.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ApplesandOranges posted:

My girlfriend (23F) is convinced that I (24M) am having an affair with my doubles partner (22F). I am not and it's driving me mad
LOL. Usually the person who suddenly comes back all apologetic a few weeks after engineering a breakup out of nowhere does so because the person they were lusting over dumped them, hiring a PI is a new one.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for comparing women to supply and demand?

What, women are things, right?

econ 101 broke:

when you think bout it, a woman is a supply and demand curve and demand just increased when she got hot

econ 101 woke:

actually, woman is a rational actor in the marketplace of dongs when she chooses not to talk to me

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Mx. posted:

quote:

my gf of 3 years wants me to get a tattoo of her initials on me to prove that I am committed to her.

Some backstory - last xmas I brought her home. She and my stepdad had a disagreement and I asked her to apologize to him after my mom was insisting on it so that we could get it over with and move on. She apologized but immediately regretted it to the point she started cutting herself for the first time in like 5 years.

Fast forward to yesterday and she is reminiscing about that incident and wants to prove that I understand her - which means getting a tattoo of her initials on me. I am not doing that as I hate tats and she knows it. We are probably breaking up but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask the internet for some creative ideas. Short of that or getting her an engagement ring - what are some other ways I can prove to her?

I say do it, and just be creative with the words you can make out of those letters after you break up.

e - just saw he doesn't like tattoos.

do it anyway. but like really tiny, on the back of your heel, or back of your ear lobe or something

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

econ 101 broke:

when you think bout it, a woman is a supply and demand curve and demand just increased when she got hot

econ 101 woke:

actually, woman is a rational actor in the marketplace of dongs when she chooses not to talk to me

:hmmyes: