Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

too many tiny devices, not enough giant ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
How does this compare to the Miyoo Mini non plus, both in size and cpu?

Also native 640p screen? That's the important part.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The 7th Guest posted:

too many tiny devices, not enough giant ones

There's only so much room in the market for steam deck competitors

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

flavor.flv posted:

There's only so much room in the market for steam deck competitors
hear me out: it's big, and it's comfortable, but it doesn't weigh 500 pounds...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Like a lap guitar but with sticks buttons and triggers

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Those L/R2 buttons on that Powkiddy look like they're going to be impossible to use, (common complaint on a lot of smaller ones) though most games it can run probably wouldn't need em anyways.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The 7th Guest posted:

hear me out: it's big, and it's comfortable, but it doesn't weigh 500 pounds...

The Wii U tablet was great

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

unironically yes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Something as big and light as tbe Wii U tablet with a 4:3 screen and the power of the RP3+ or the 405M is my dream handheld

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hatty posted:

I had a much better time playing Breath of the Wild on it compared to the switch

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

nintendo must pay for their crime of stripping BOTWs wii u gamepad functionality out for parity with the switch version

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

hatty posted:

Something as big and light as tbe Wii U tablet with a 4:3 screen and the power of the RP3+ or the 405M is my dream handheld

If there is working Android emulation for Wii U, Anbernic probably will make a WiiU tablet looking handheld one day.

They probably will make one anyway, with left over 503 parts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't think there is android wii u emulation currently. it's a known absence from even the Odin 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch absorbed 90% of the Wii Us library so there isn’t much interest in emulating the platform I guess

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they should just make a Xenoblade Chronicles X emulator like how there's the PrimeHack fork of dolphin

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Why is Wii U so hard to emulate, does it not use a faster Wii cpu?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wii U is comparitively not that hard to emulate, it's not another overclock on the Wii/Gamecube chip it is a new thing but on PC and even on Steam Deck it's pretty easy to run. Just nobody's bothered porting Cemu to Android yet.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Some info about that 720*720 Unicorn, the ZPG A1. Same screen as the RGB30 but touchscreen this time.

https://x.com/Z_Pocket_Game/status/1739112872134021327

SoC is Helio G99, not sure how powerful that is, but it looks like can at least sorta run PS2 games.

900 - 1100 yuan is around $125-155

Comes in Clurple.

Further details from their website:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

repiv posted:

nintendo must pay for their crime of stripping BOTWs wii u gamepad functionality out for parity with the switch version

:emptyquote:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

got a sweet clear red retroid flip.

now I'm arguing with the formatted SD card to be readable in my mac so I can slop my roms and bios over

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Don't forget to use a third party file manager to move the ROMs over so you don't get stuck with thousands of ._bullshit.sfc files

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Macs: not even once

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
There's a perfectly good builtin command to remove dotfiles for things that aren't smart enough to properly hide them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just don't make .dots fiiles. its easy.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
What do guys use to copy files from NAS drive over to android sd card? Foldersync or there is something better? Foldersync doesn't have excluding subfolders option.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
my... laptop and an SD card reader?

If you need an android-specific file manager with NAS mapping functions, I find that solid explorer works well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Solid Explorer is worth the cost yeah, great SMB and SFTP support, basically any cloud service you'd actually want to use, great stuff

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Thanks, I use Mixplorer, it also has NAS and cloud drive support. But I find folder syncing app is more streamline because I have more than 1 gaming device.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Got a brand new RG353P with a nice dead vertical line down the screen, hooray

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

stephenthinkpad posted:

What do guys use to copy files from NAS drive over to android sd card? Foldersync or there is something better? Foldersync doesn't have excluding subfolders option.

If we're talking about the same FolderSync (by Tacit Dynamics), yes it totally has the option to exclude subfolders:

You can even filter subfolders by name:

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 26, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://store.analogue.co/

black and white analogue pockets are back in stock. $220.

mystes
May 31, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

https://store.analogue.co/

black and white analogue pockets are back in stock. $220.
drat they're really taking the original Gameboy emulation too far

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

zzMisc posted:

If we're talking about the same FolderSync (by Tacit Dynamics), yes it totally has the option to exclude subfolders:

You can even filter subfolders by name:

Thank you! I was blind!

Now I am going to play with syncing save files so I can play Bombastic across all android systems.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

shyduck posted:

Got a brand new RG353P with a nice dead vertical line down the screen, hooray

My 353V is apparently host to a hardware issue that causes ArkOS (and only ArkOS) to randomly fail to boot, and introduces other minor system instabilities, unless manually underclocked. This is also apparently a pretty common issue these days.

I wouldn't mind so much except that Doom mods don't seem to goddamn work right at all in JelOS :argh:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I am officially SD card challenged.

Brand new samsung cards right off the best buy rack.

get home let the RetFlip format it as portable media, figuring its fat32. Pop it in my macbook, it shows up, I transfer files.

Can't be read. Shitballs. Reformat on the device and do it again. gently caress.

pop it in the macbook and format it for fat32. Pop it back in the RetFlip complains that it wants to reformat it. Out of frustration, I reboot it and then suddenly the disk works just fine.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

coconono posted:

get home let the RetFlip format it as portable media, figuring its fat32. Pop it in my macbook, it shows up, I transfer files.

Can't be read. Shitballs. Reformat on the device and do it again. gently caress.

pop it in the macbook and format it for fat32. Pop it back in the RetFlip complains that it wants to reformat it. Out of frustration, I reboot it and then suddenly the disk works just fine.

I just buy Silicon Power brand cards off Amazon as they tend to be cheap yet reliable

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

coconono posted:

I’ve had my new Flip fail to read the card a couple times during that process, every time just taking it out and putting it back in again fixed things.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

drrockso20 posted:

I just buy Silicon Power brand cards off Amazon as they tend to be cheap yet reliable

SP ftw

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Arcsech posted:

just taking it out and putting it back in again fixed things.

So, so many things in life…🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm trying to upgrade the microSD I'm using for my Miyoo Mini Plus from 32GB to a freebie 128GB one I got from MicroCenter, but I can't get OnionOS to transfer over, no matter what I do the MM+ boots into the default OS. I've even tried factory resetting the device with no microSD card inserted and doing the OnionOS install process all over again, but it won't actually do anything.