Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Syenite posted:

It would be hard to deal with, but I still think you're overselling how dangerous it would be now.

The pop requires you to be playing continuous spell/traps, which most decks don't.

It's only 2/3rds of a towers, which while still functionally a full towers for a lot of decks, is not as strong now with the existence of imperm, thrust etc. Plus more decks have both spells and traps in-archeyype.

It's only above 3k while you have diagram up and it isn't spell-unaffected. Popping a spell/trap then attacking with a 3k beater is something nearly every deck can do now.

Also merry xmas :greatgift:

E: also I feel zoodiac getting freed and doing gently caress-all, along with DPE staying gone kinda helps to realize that a quick pop isn't as powerful now

You would easily splash this w. Horus into a lot of decks I think

e: Kash cards too

Hardest part is searching it but AFD is legal

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I just found out that Gren Maju Da Eiza and all his Maju Garzett cousins have been a reference to loving Mazinger this entire time

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Maju

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Master Peace is like you gave floodgate decks a boss monster when the entire weakness of stun is that they can't close out games quickly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh btw for the guy looking for "budget" master duel options before you get all the staples

this is N rarity in MD and is really, really good. it's just that it tends to be like, the third or fourth best spell-trap pop option available and rarely gets run, but it can absolutely work as a budget deck staple that still fulfills a niche that cards like Lightning Storm or even Cosmic Cyclone can't entirely match, since it's both a hand-trap and a trap card (which can be relevant against cards which specifically negate spells sometimes)

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 26, 2023

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It can only pop face-up, which mean it’s useless on trap and non-cont trap/spell?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah but so many decks are running field spells right now that i think it'd be useful more than it might seem at first glance

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

isn't MST a normal or rare?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
MST is a rare, yeah.

Cosmic Cyclone is an SR and you usually have like an order of magnitude more SR dust than UR dust.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I don't know when you would ever run typhoon over MST or one of the SR MSTs

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

good out to secret village of the spellcasters, if it's popular enough

they want shady
May 11, 2013
Took a break for christmas but I'm back on the grind. Expected to lose literally every duel in ranked but it turns out Accesscode is good enough to eke out some wins on its own lol (at least in bronze)

Skios posted:

Another deck worth looking into with an eye on the future is Rescue-ACE. especially since you've already bought into the Salamangreat structure. It only has 4-5 in-archetype URs right now (6-7 if you also count One for One and Promethean Princess). It's still missing two cards, but in the future it will definitely get more support and access to new engines.

Thanks, will look into these. I actually ran into one of these today that was running a combo with P Princess and some battleship link monster I can't remember the name of. Sounds like a nice short term goal if I'm gonna keep upgrading the Salamangreat deck (probably should craft the princess first if I'm gonna keep playing fire monsters in the short term either way)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

oh btw for the guy looking for "budget" master duel options before you get all the staples

this is N rarity in MD and is really, really good. it's just that it tends to be like, the third or fourth best spell-trap pop option available and rarely gets run, but it can absolutely work as a budget deck staple that still fulfills a niche that cards like Lightning Storm or even Cosmic Cyclone can't entirely match, since it's both a hand-trap and a trap card (which can be relevant against cards which specifically negate spells sometimes)

Thanks, also. Crafted a couple of these since they're normal and slotted them into where the rest of my Imperms would be (I only have one from the bundle). Wading into the discussion of if MST is better? Probably yes, absolutely (I also made a couple of MSTs since the only type of dust where it feels I gotta be stingy is UR), but at least where I'm at it also serves a really niche purpose as Imperm bait with a plus-side if I get to actually hit something with it.

See, it turns out that even bronze players are running way wilder poo poo than I was ever expecting (literally my first ranked duel was a Labyrinth-Dogmatika deck and that really opened my eyes to what modern Yu-Gi-Oh is actually expecting from me lol if that wasn't even ranked I can't imagine what'll be waiting for me if I ever climb to Silver). Now, that probably was an outlier because I haven't had a game so one sided since, but I still run into people running pretty much all the staples (and I mean multiples of them, I've also dueled people who it's pretty obvious they only have the hand outs from the bundles and the two or three they've bothered to craft, same as me). So, if they see you dropping an Ash or Maxx first, they'll assume that the set Typhoon is something way worse (like Imperm) and they will use those field spells pretty confidently.Or they'll try to get rid of typhoon with way more valuable cards (like Harpie's).

The one turn of bluffing in Bronze is actually pretty fun (it's one turn or so since so much happens in each player's first turn that it's really hard hiding that you have half a poo poo deck after that) and if Typhoon comes up it definitely has a role in that game. If you've got better cards you probably shouldn't be in bronze to begin with and so nature will take its course as people climb or not.

they want shady
May 11, 2013

Anti-Tachyon posted:

There's no actual official Latin American translation of anything yugioh related despite it theoretically being part of the TCG. As far as I'm aware everything in Spanish or Portuguese is translated from English (not Japanese!) by Konami EU for home markets and then back-ported by Konami NA for Mexico and South America.

Thought something like that was the case, thanks for confirming. I'm honestly surprised Konami EU takes prescedence to Konami NA though, I thought It'd be the other way around since the usual workflow for these things is that we translate NA english into latam spanish. Hell, sometimes we do this even when there's already an actual spaniard spanish translation lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Syenite posted:

I don't know when you would ever run typhoon over MST or one of the SR MSTs

It's usable as a hand-trap on turn 1. That does come up sometimes especially since so many decks run field spells now.

but yeah unless you're playing in a format with a ton of negation for spells specifically, you aren't going to run it over something like Cosmic Cyclone, it's just a nice option to remember if you're new and low on SR/UR dust. maybe if they hit the "popular" floodgates more and ASF starts getting used?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah like in the current MD meta Kash R-Ace Branded and Purrely all get at least 2 S/T face up on board as their basic combo and need them to make plays. It's honestly not a bad cheap tech.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

they want shady posted:

Took a break for christmas but I'm back on the grind. Expected to lose literally every duel in ranked but it turns out Accesscode is good enough to eke out some wins on its own lol (at least in bronze)

Thanks, will look into these. I actually ran into one of these today that was running a combo with P Princess and some battleship link monster I can't remember the name of. Sounds like a nice short term goal if I'm gonna keep upgrading the Salamangreat deck (probably should craft the princess first if I'm gonna keep playing fire monsters in the short term either way)

Thanks, also. Crafted a couple of these since they're normal and slotted them into where the rest of my Imperms would be (I only have one from the bundle). Wading into the discussion of if MST is better? Probably yes, absolutely (I also made a couple of MSTs since the only type of dust where it feels I gotta be stingy is UR), but at least where I'm at it also serves a really niche purpose as Imperm bait with a plus-side if I get to actually hit something with it.

See, it turns out that even bronze players are running way wilder poo poo than I was ever expecting (literally my first ranked duel was a Labyrinth-Dogmatika deck and that really opened my eyes to what modern Yu-Gi-Oh is actually expecting from me lol if that wasn't even ranked I can't imagine what'll be waiting for me if I ever climb to Silver). Now, that probably was an outlier because I haven't had a game so one sided since, but I still run into people running pretty much all the staples (and I mean multiples of them, I've also dueled people who it's pretty obvious they only have the hand outs from the bundles and the two or three they've bothered to craft, same as me). So, if they see you dropping an Ash or Maxx first, they'll assume that the set Typhoon is something way worse (like Imperm) and they will use those field spells pretty confidently.Or they'll try to get rid of typhoon with way more valuable cards (like Harpie's).

The one turn of bluffing in Bronze is actually pretty fun (it's one turn or so since so much happens in each player's first turn that it's really hard hiding that you have half a poo poo deck after that) and if Typhoon comes up it definitely has a role in that game. If you've got better cards you probably shouldn't be in bronze to begin with and so nature will take its course as people climb or not.

Craft Forbidden Chalice if you want an imperm replacement.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

What a banlist! Dragon Link and Runick Stun are getting slammed. Kash losing more consistency and grind game. Purrely also losing some more consistency. SHS actually getting a forbidden out of the gate.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Konami you mother fuckers. My cat can't remember poo poo

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Lol Kash is getting hosed. Limiting Fenrir I kinda understand because 2 of them are splashed everywhere now but limiting Birth is just mean.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Fenrir limited, RIP Vanquish

I think this actually a pretty good list overall but holy poo poo they're ruthless

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Flair posted:

What a banlist! Dragon Link and Runick Stun are getting slammed. Kash losing more consistency and grind game. Purrely also losing some more consistency. SHS actually getting a forbidden out of the gate.

What hows this affect dragon link at all?

e: Oh poo poo I missed the forbidden page

Visual Aid

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 28, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Christ, Kashtira is like the one meta relevant deck I can kind of play competently. gently caress me, I guess.

Also, gently caress them birds, apparently.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TERRORTOPS TO 3?

OH I'M GONNA LEARN YOU SOME SYNCHRO SPAM

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I was just posting about how MD just really wants to bring back the old bad cards

And here they are putting all three remaining droolers to 3

Gee thanks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The DRulers are cool tho

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/yappa_neruwa/status/1740249178989879728

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmfao

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
We already have a perfectly good way to Synchro spam and it's called Spright Synchro :colbert:.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Free my loving boys! Let purrely play god damnit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my cat has loving alzheimers

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I want so badly for the Rulers to make a splash. Please show me that a decade of powercreep hasn't completely invalidated one of the most (in)famous decks in the game's history.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I can tempest pitch a speedroid grab tempest banish them to summon tempest and search any speedroid off the banished tempest

Oh...oh the lines are forming

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am coping so hard that I am making a Trickstar deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I can tempest pitch a speedroid grab tempest banish them to summon tempest and search any speedroid off the banished tempest

Oh...oh the lines are forming

you can only activate one of a droolers effect per turn and only once that turn.

This is the entire reason why droolers get exponentially more dangerous the more names available to them.
1 drooler being free is nothing, 3 is when you start seeing Some poo poo, and 4 is just all gas no brakes

serefin99 posted:

I want so badly for the Rulers to make a splash. Please show me that a decade of powercreep hasn't completely invalidated one of the most (in)famous decks in the game's history.

Drooler-Extra deck spam
They can potentially make L8/10 synchro, theres a whole bunch of strong R7s out since they all got banned, plus all the dumb dragon link bullshit.

Though the potential for 60 card piles is lowered by Grass being at 1 and chaos ruler banned. Still though.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 29, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am coping so hard that I am making a Trickstar deck.

I've been playing trickstar the last week and not doing very well because I'm kinda bad in general but it is very fun to see someone lose like 4000LP before they enter their first battle phase.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
In saying that it's legal in the 2024 LP duel and I went up on someone who went first and used Galaxy Trance. I put Lycoris down and instantly won.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

I'm the greatest Yu-Gi-Oh player of all time.

they want shady
May 11, 2013
Game still owns but I've started to see the limits of the Salamangreat deck and I'm thinking of branching out a bit. Safest bet for a quick upgrade would probably be rescue-ace, right? Seeing how It wants some of the same cards I'm also working towards with the 'greats.

That said, based on my pack pulls the game seems to really want me to play Blue Eyes. Now, I do love that fat gently caress but I'm guessing it's still a pretty gimmicky deck (since it's based on an 8 star normal Monster). I've looked at the secret pack and support is way better than I expected (when I last left the game its biggest new card was Blue Eyes Shining and It was poo poo then and guessing it's still poo poo now based on seeing all of the cards that've been released since).

So I'm thinking it's still an upgrade from what I'm playing even if It won't stack up to the real top decks, right? Probably won't craft anything for it since It still seems like a real dust hungry deck for something that I'm assumimg is pretty mid, but thought I'd ask first.

they want shady
May 11, 2013
The other two archtypes the game has blessed on me in packs are purrley (which I'm guessing is not a good investment thanks to Feels Villeneuve's reaction to the recent banlist lol) and Exosisters, but I haven't seen those mentioned a lot in this thread (other than they where good against Tearlament I think? I did peek at some of the older pages of the thread to get some ideas but dunno how these girls stack up to the current meta).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Blue Eyes is very much a "lol, meme" deck. Also it's best card (Blue Eyes Jet Dragon) can't even be pulled from the secret pack since they have yet to update it. You could make it work effectively if you splash a small engine of it with Bystials and Chaos cards, though with Chaos Ruler and Wyverburster about to be banned that deck variant is about to take a bad hit.

Honestly I would just wait to see if MD's 2nd anniversary just gives us a Blue Eyes structure to go along with the Dark Magician structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

they want shady
May 11, 2013
Sorry to triple post but I forgot something important, I probably won't be playing Master Duel or looking at the thread for the next two or there days soo...

Happy new years! (In advance)