Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Refs put his knees up for bonus tripping action and is smiling his rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

How can you do anything but laugh about that? Its too ridiculous.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

Ehhhhh id have to see it again.

It's Lamar loving Jackson, have you never seen him play? At worst he would throw it away to the LoS

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lmao, tripped over the ump

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

That ref is going to be FAMOUS tomorrow lmao

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

opposable thumbs.db posted:

If I were Lamar I would simply not run 16 yards backwards instead of counting on the ref to get out of the way

Hes lamar jackson he can do that and still make a play

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Stop showing me footage of the live game. Just replay that one play for the next three hours

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Establish the Run

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

triple sulk posted:

are the refs treated as part of the game in the same vein as nhl refs? i guess so?
I think the rule is "the refs will try their hardest to get out of your way, but if they don't, deal with it" but I'm not sure

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kawalimus posted:

How can they call that when the god drat REF IMPEDED HIS PATH

Ref are part of the field

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if you gamble on this joke of a sport you're an idiot

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Still not Angel Hernandez

Angel Hernandez has a special place in hell waiting for him, convince me otherwise

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I gor faked out by that throw in my recliner lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kirios posted:

This is a matchup between the two best teams in football.

then football is a fraudulent sport

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
all i wanted for christmas was some clownball and santa delivered

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Niners win 2-0, a brace for McCaffrey (21', 66')

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Akbar posted:

my friend let me introduce you to other sports

i watch them, at least in other major sports its not a bunch of ancient guys with law practices that get an extra six figure job for no good reason

Edit: angel hernandez exists and that may invalidate my argument

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Sono posted:

Refs put his knees up for bonus tripping action and is smiling his rear end off.

Probably wondering why the hell Jackson is scrambling backwards towards his own endzone

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

I think the rule is "the refs will try their hardest to get out of your way, but if they don't, deal with it" but I'm not sure

i've never seen "almost intentionally trip a qb into a safety" before

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

How can they call that when the god drat REF IMPEDED HIS PATH

it's ok, you didn't want them to win this anyways

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

neither of these teams is gonna win the super bowl (the flacco browns are

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bean mom posted:

inshallah

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I really don't understand how a ref tripping on his own dumb feet is allowed to give another team points

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I watched it again and it's very close, but sure the ref could have realistically been the difference between an incomplete and what happened. But it did not look like an in control play

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CapnAndy posted:

more or less, they're pretty good at getting out of the way bit having to sprint 16 yards because the qb decided to ru. Into the endzone isnt really a common occurenace

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Kalit posted:

Probably wondering why the hell Jackson is scrambling backwards towards his own endzone

Its Lamar Jackson. He can do that and still make a positive play or at least avoid the sack

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

bean mom posted:

tbh a sickos flacco browns vs, idk, the bucs seems fun

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

I really don't understand how a ref tripping on his own dumb feet is allowed to give another team points

The alternative is blaming the refs for anything which is not allowed.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

UP AND ADAM posted:

I watched it again and it's very close, but sure the ref could have realistically been the difference between an incomplete and what happened. But it did not look like an in control play

he lifted his legs up and tripped him in the end zone

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh hey, that was the longest intentional grounding safety in NFL history. Congrats Ravens, you're part of history!

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

AndrewP posted:

Don't worry, it was one of the other refs who was the first to rule it was a safety. Conflict of interest averted!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

chamois posted:

he lifted his legs up and tripped him in the end zone

Two defenders had him at arms reach 4 yards into his end zone

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

UP AND ADAM posted:

generally it's hard to be in control after you trip over a ref that just dove in front of you

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

chamois posted:

if you gamble on this joke of a sport you're an idiot

Yeah but what if you bet safety as first points of the game at +10000. Then what

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GO 4 IT

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Oh hey, that was the longest intentional grounding safety in NFL history. Congrats Ravens, you're part of history!

That one deserves to be in the record books.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

more or less, they're pretty good at getting out of the way bit having to spring 16 yards because the qb decided to do so isnt really a common occurenace

then blow the play dead or get off the field

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Purdy still looks like an actual kid in that picture and idk how I feel about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Tulalip Tulips posted:

tbh a sickos flacco browns vs, idk, the bucs seems fun

Lions-Browns for 1950s nostalgia