Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
There was at least one take of "Purdy is gonna have a sophomore slump and Seattle will win the division," but that definitely was a lone or near lone voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm kinda chuckling there is a possible scenario three NFC West teams will be in the playoffs.

Goddamn NFC South is poo poo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shindragon posted:

I'm kinda chuckling there is a possible scenario three NFC West teams will be in the playoffs.

Goddamn NFC South is poo poo.

Which is going to make it even funnier when when on those NFC West teams goes into Tampa and loses on wild card weekend.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gotta be honest I won't even be mad if Baker Mayfield ends up funslinging all over us

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Which is going to make it even funnier when when on those NFC West teams goes into Tampa and loses on wild card weekend.

Win win for everyone :v:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Yeah I'll be happy for the NFCW to all go to the playoffs and then for Seattle and LA to immediately lose because I do not want to see a division rival with a head of steam

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Papercut posted:

Yeah I'll be happy for the NFCW to all go to the playoffs and then for Seattle and LA to immediately lose because I do not want to see a division rival with a head of steam

"all"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sorry little brother, your QB has to be this tall to go on the ride :smith:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Coldforge posted:

i need to get febreeze to do me a smol kyler av

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Calamity Gannon might have something brewing in Arizona. They can run the ball.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Yes all. We don't talk about that other team :ninja:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
:siren:

Jason Verrett is active for tonight's game

:siren:

Edit: No Armstead and no Jennings.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 26, 2023

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
No Armstead suuuucks. Also JV is back? I'm hoping his legs don't explode

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Benne posted:

Gotta be honest I won't even be mad if Baker Mayfield ends up funslinging all over us

I saw somebody break out the old 'gently caress It I'm Going Deep' Rex Grossman image, seemed pretty appropriate.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Good job looking like poo poo on Xmas 49ers.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I think this game is mostly just the Ravens being very good, but goddamn does this suck

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

49ers. :smdh:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Rough game, but it's good that they play a team like this now. Ravens are good, unlike the fake-tough NFC East.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Purdy's gonna lose the MVP contest on tonight's interceptions

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

Rightfully so, this game has exposed his inexperience. CMC still has a chance.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

More importantly he lost it for cmc too

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Leperflesh posted:

Well, and the fact that Lamar is putting on a clinic against what is supposed to be a really good defense.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Most of his drives have started in niners territory but he has looked very very good

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, and the fact that Lamar is putting on a clinic against what is supposed to be a really good defense.

Yeah Jackson earning the MVP in this game, all you can do is tip your hat

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I'm just insanely jealous of the Ravens' o-line and the complete bullshit they do tbh

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Ravens defense has been pretty fantastic all season and their offense is OK enough to not be a pushover, so no big shock about tonight. Niners are playing a bad game and have also had some bad luck (after the incredible luck that gave them a safety). As someone who is anti-Niner, this game is just further proof to me that CMC deserves the MVP. It's not that Purdy isn't good, but that defenses have to work so hard to account for CMC that Purdy gets a lot of room and has been great at taking advantage of it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Lifespan posted:

The Ravens defense has been pretty fantastic all season and their offense is OK enough to not be a pushover, so no big shock about tonight. Niners are playing a bad game and have also had some bad luck (after the incredible luck that gave them a safety). As someone who is anti-Niner, this game is just further proof to me that CMC deserves the MVP. It's not that Purdy isn't good, but that defenses have to work so hard to account for CMC that Purdy gets a lot of room and has been great at taking advantage of it.

I don't know, Trent Williams trying hard to strip that ball away after the 3rd interception tells me he still deserves it more.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
6-1 with a loss to the ravens post bye isn't so bad but did the niners find ways to make that 1 so ugly

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I told myself one loss shouldn't be bad but this loss has me pissed off as poo poo.

On Xmas no less.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
As long as they win the next two it doesn't matter

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

brock fraudy

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
In addition to being a very good football team overall, the Ravens are built to give teams like the Niners fits. On defense, they have a great line and (especially) LB core and enough discipline in the secondary to at least limit the damage our highly-opportunistic offense can do. On offense, they have a good QB with enough mobility to expose our secondary and put a lot of pressure on our LBs in coverage, which have jointly been the weakness of our defense for like fifteen years. In a different universe without all those Purdy INTs, some of which were flukey (but definitely not all, and regardless the Ravens did a great job of making them happen), maybe we have enough cushion to force Jackson into some mistakes and/or don’t get as worn out by the end. But yeah, this was a rough one, and mostly we have to hope we just don’t see them again.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
There's a reason the ravens are 5-2 against this team. We just don't have an answer to them at all.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Brock laid a turdy that probably lost the 1 seed.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

i love my team that won a football game on xmas weekend

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just gotta tip your cap to a team getting 3 tipped INTs in one game. Fumbles are pretty much 50-50 but tips are much lower than that. Ravens played well, but got really lucky on those bounces. Game was a lot closer than the score. They didn't really stop the offense so much as get 3 tips that stopped drives. Other than that, the 49ers moved the ball about as well as they do every week.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Mustached Demon posted:

probably lost the 1 seed.

What are you even talking about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Coldforge posted:

What are you even talking about.

Yeah. They just need to win next week probably. The Eagles are pretty likely to lose one of their next two. And even if the Eagles somehow squeak out 2 more, then the niners just have to beat the Rams.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
49ers can still get the first seed. Win the last 2 games and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. They just need to win next week probably. The Eagles are pretty likely to lose one of their next two. And even if the Eagles somehow squeak out 2 more, then the niners just have to beat the Rams.

Eagles play the Cardinals and Giants. I just don't see SOSAR happening and the short week in DC screams trap.