Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone "steal" Nagy from the Chiefs please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kiimo posted:

Someone "steal" Nagy from the Chiefs please

David Tepper seems like the idiot to sell that bridge

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think the Broncos are oddly decent this year (today's results notwithstanding).

But I was wondering how many times has Russ been pulled in blowouts during his time with the Broncos because there was simply no reason to put him back out there? I feel like it's been perhaps historically high for a guy who is 100% no doubt their starter but I have no idea how to research this.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Toney is either a loony toons character or he has gambling debts that he needs to pay off.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Who knew CEH would be the savior today

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Well now we've all lost to the Lions.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Toney seems like he'd be really good at volleyball

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

kiimo posted:

Toney seems like he'd be really good at volleyball

Looks like more of a keep the balloon off the floor type of guy to me

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The Chargers are going to hire eric bieniemy or is that to logical for the organization?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure he wants to be the Chargers coach why not just wait it out in Washington when Riverboat Ron is inevitably fired and all the locker room backs you?

Also it seems like Dean Spanos would definitely be one of those guys that "just gets a bad feeling" about Bieniemy leading his oh so classy organization

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Not sure if he will get much traction this cycle unless there are a lot of teams looking and not enough candidates.

The Offense is more or less the same as last years Commanders squad. Below average.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I thought the Broncos would be 100% done with the playoffs after the loss to the Lions, but playing around with The Machine they can still get the 7th seed if they win out (NE, LAC, LV), Buffalo drops a game, and Indy and Cleveland win out for the 5th and 6th seeds (putting CIN, PIT, and HOU out). The least likely part of that seems like the Bills dropping a game as they have @LAC, NE, and @MIA the last week of the season when everything might already be locked up. What I'm saying is GO JOE FLACCO I NEVER DOUBTED YOU.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/KCSportsNetwork/status/1736864672949948814?s=20

Guessing we never see him in a Chiefs uniform again. Crap!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'd be more disappointed, but a lot of other WRs have not flashed from that 2022 2nd round. Or 3rd.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1737893696744345699?s=20

I think this is a mistake, on both counts. Below is the proper WR room for the playoffs:

Rashee Rice
Justin Watson
CEH
Noah Gray
Justyn Ross

Leave everyone else off the field.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Justyn Ross ends up contributing it will be pretty hilarious

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

https://x.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1737893696744345699?s=20

I think this is a mistake, on both counts. Below is the proper WR room for the playoffs:

Rashee Rice
Justin Watson
CEH
Noah Gray
Justyn Ross

Leave everyone else off the field.

The fact that we are actively asking for CEH should be all the indictment needed on Toney, Moore, and MVS.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Edit: drat, wrong thread, must be why the jinx didn't quite work.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 22, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1738260559865524642?s=20

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hot drat, 8-9 might really just happen.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/AbstractLife/status/1739019214814347300?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/russell-wilson-watch/73-276f2b46-fe7b-4365-a9d6-69101bf05b4f

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Mentioned in the game today that the raiders have the least penalty yards on the season—sure the refs have found a novel way to gently caress them though

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
yeah wow those refs are just handing the game to the Chiefs, it's a real blow out

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

yeah wow those refs are just handing the game to the Chiefs, it's a real blow out

you can only do so much for that lackluster effort the Chiefs O is putting out

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Pierce has to get the job now, right?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

solarjetman posted:

Pierce has to get the job now, right?

I am sorry to report that it will be Gus Bradley.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chiefs defense looked fantastic until the last drive.

Chiefs offense, uh oh, stinky

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I think its gonna take the last two games being competitive losses at minimum

If they get poo poo canned in either of them and don't win one then it's just enough time for the great vibes from this week to fade and Mark Davis can start getting genius ideas for his next big coach/GM regime

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The337th posted:

you can only do so much for that lackluster effort the Chiefs O is putting out

It's magical how much they suck with a Hall of Fame QB and TE.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I am really trying hard not to be frustrated with the Chiefs. They've had sustained success for a long time, but man watching them waste a year of prime Mahomes and Kelce is so drat annoying

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's been an interesting experiment to find the limits of what it takes for the best QB to succeed

I was simultaneously terrified of inevitable Mahomes bullshit earlier, and amazed at how little it worked out

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/GehrigDieter/status/1739388120679023044?s=20

Interesting insight from a close friend to Mahomes (His personal trainer Bobby Stroupe also appears in the comments). Even if the Chiefs stumble into the playoffs, expect a raft of changes.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Well hot drat boys

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Well hot drat boys

Hell of a ride this year!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hey, if they manage to pull their heads out of their asses and win, it will be a great story.

When they don’t, I’d assume there will be a rebuilt WR room and praying for EB to come back and Nagy to gently caress offffffff.

Take Embree with you.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

too bad KC already forced the narrative to cash in on "everybody doubted us", cause this year it'd be earned

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The chiefs winning the Super Bowl, Kelce retires and the front office puts an even more anemic WR room together would be a really funny timeline.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
MVS played 60 snaps and didn’t have a catch. Taking over Skyy Moores role.

Can you believe the Chiefs starting 3 WRs to begin the season were MVS/Skyy/Toney. All 3 are unplayable right now, they shouldn’t be on any NFL roster. What the hell happened?? What a huge miss from a coaching and evaluation standpoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Justin Watson, literally the Bucs WR7 in their super bowl year, is our 2nd best WR. With a huge gap after him.

Edit: and Watson sucks, to be clear. What a dreadful WR room that he is our 2nd best

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 26, 2023