Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
that thread always seemed a bit cursed in general. maybe fun for some folks but the kind of thread you click on to throw some elbows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
STEPHEN THINKPAD

stephenthinkpad posted:

Still cheaper than :10bux:, but over here the moderation is slightly more consistent. Only slightly.

(Also don't post on reddit without vpn extension on your browser, if anyone wants more laughable anecdotal stories. Reddit will blanket ban all your accounts on the same ip, even the ones you use to bookmark fapping subs and have never made a post.)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

STEPHEN THINKPAD

You should sue him

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ArfJason posted:

STEPHEN THINKPAD

lol i thought this post was gonna be from like 2011

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
They didn't give him time to tell his laughable anecdotal stories....

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ArfJason posted:

STEPHEN THINKPAD

thank you stephen

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fapping subs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
HonorableTB
at 12/26/23 07:55am
Verdict: PROBATION

Requested by Seth Pecksniff
Approved by Seth Pecksniff
Placeholder. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Guy bragging about watching people get murdered ftw.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
stephen thinkpad... Hes loving the computer

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

The Top G posted:

Can’t put that pussy on a pedestal, bro. Women are like the bus: another one comes along every 15 minutes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cant beliebe the top g posts here..

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Half of Dracula posted:

nah he IS the computer

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Half of Dracula posted:

yospos bithc,

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Half of Dracula posted:

he's loving unstoppable

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

he's loving unstoppable
If we're talking about Jeff it's absolutely true; after all, an object at rest cannot be stopped.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

HonorableTB

lets hope that weirdo gets finally permabanned

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

tristeham posted:

how the gently caress does someone have 60+ pages of posts in that thread

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

tristeham posted:

looks like youll have to wait another month

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

you know why

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
im permabanned poster mobikstomper58. i first started reading the gbs ukraine thread when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "suka blyat" and "i love drone striking inside ork assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of war thread humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" gbs to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it kinda rules how the ukraine war completely broke some people to the point where they think every single russian is a sleeper agent for the kremlin

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it kinda rules how the ukraine war completely broke some people to the point where they think every single russian is a sleeper agent for the kremlin

I think there's also the opposite psychosis on these forums where Ukraine is the most Hitler country to ever exist including Germany. I have no idea which Ukraine thread goes with which and don't want to find out.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think it was in the retrogames thread where someone mentioned "Wow, didn't realize so many people who make retrogame stuff lived in Ukraine" and some random poster barreled in with "CAUSE THOSE ARE THE ONLY EASTERN EUROPEANS ANYONE CARES ABOUT"

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

people were calling some dude on twitter a genocide supporter for posting a photo from a time he went to moscow lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Leal posted:

I think it was in the retrogames thread where someone mentioned "Wow, didn't realize so many people who make retrogame stuff lived in Ukraine" and some random poster barreled in with "CAUSE THOSE ARE THE ONLY EASTERN EUROPEANS ANYONE CARES ABOUT"

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
slav squatting in the dendy's thread empty quoting whenever someone posts dendy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there are many homebrew foreign games and mods from many countries they just dont get translated into english

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This is The Christmas Tree That Has Made Everyone Lost Their Mind

The Christmas Tree is Purchased

Late Oct 2023, the HOA published their latest meeting minutes. It’s the usual stuff where they address apartment owner concerns, listed milestones on the improvement to the landscaping, confirmed they unfucked the water gym*, etc. But there was one minor item that was brought to everyone’s attention: the Christmas Tree.

Before I even get to the tree, people in the condo have been very normal about festivities being held in the compound. We just had Diwali where they hung led light décor and had a nice kolam at the lobby. Pretty standard stuff but this drove some Solitaire people crazy, because they were of the view that there were not enough Indian people living in the condo (they assumed there were zero of them), and this was a huge waste of money / this was the HOA secretly enriching themselves. This understandably caused some accusations of racism, and someone (correctly accused of being racist) quit the group in self-righteous rage.

So the reduction of people’s sanity people through festive means was not unprecedented. Most people would have ignored the meeting minutes if the Christmas Tree did not come with a large pricetag: just above US$10,000.

People were upset. There were still a number of things requiring improvement, and a US$10,000 Christmas Tree was definitely excessive. The chatgroup got into a little furor over the tree, demanding answers from the HOA. The HOA quickly released an unofficial statement to the chatgroup, promising an answer by the next week. So most of the normal people went, ah we’ll just wait for the time then when we have more information.

The Solitaire was not normal.

They started the same petition as the last time, again. This petition, named WE DEMAND THE HOA NOT PURCHASE THE CHRISTMAS TREE #Soliatire was led by a lady named Jane who nobody has ever heard of until that day. A number of people, not realising how annoying this would make the chatgroup for the next 2-2.5 months, would keep adding their name/address to this list which completely dominated the conversation. To nobody’s surprise but mine, “Pepsi Cola” is in the list again.

The Solitaire also demanded Old Man Grover be made president, again, and Old Man Grover appeared in the chatgroup humbly saying he was not worthy, because he was not as good as the HOA in stealing money. Nobody else was really interacting with the Soliatire whenever they talked, save for adding (or accidentally re-adding) names to the NO TREE list.

Ha ha I Was Being Stupid On Purpose Really

While we were waiting for the HOA to respond, two incidents happened in the chatgroup:

1. One guy from the Solitaire said it was shameful of the HOA to buy a tree when things were in disrepair etc which by then was already pre-existing knowledge. Knowing that mere words would not have much reaction, he posted a series of photos showing a lot of the facilities with rotting wallpaper, broken equipment, and ceilings fallen down. People were now alarmed. This was pretty bad!

Someone else said, Wow! This is terrible! I was so disgusted by this that I personally went to every single location in your photos, and I'm sharing the photos I've taken there, where those locations looked pristine and in good order! Could you explain to everyone in the chatgroup why your photos looked so bad like you told me in private earlier?

The guy had to sheepishly admit that his photos were more than a year old and some were taken when the building was still under construction. I asked, “Is there a reason you showed us outdated photos?”

The guy answered, it's outdated, but the fact you believe it may be today, should not be ignored!

People told him to gently caress off and so he ragequit the chatgroup.

2. Someone else turned up and said, I was part of the HOA and have quit, but if I were still there, I would not have allowed this to happen! The HOA should be disgraced of themselves! People agreed this was a disgrace.

The same respondent from the first incident said, Wow! This is terrible! Listen you do know that the minutes of the HOA meetings are all public, right? Because here’s a pdf of a meeting earlier this year where they recorded you being fired from the HOA for not only failing to attend any HOA meeting since you were appointed, but you were found to be having unauthorised discussions with the Developer for your personal interest (specifically "prioritise in fixing my apartment first before the others and I won't say bad things about you"). Could you explain to everyone in the chatgroup why you would not have allowed the Christmas Tree to be bought, perhaps because you think you should be enriched by the money instead?

The guy answered, but the Christmas Tree.

People told him to gently caress off and so he ragequit the chatgroup.

* The “water gym” was a shallow pool with some supposedly waterproof exercising equipment meant for elderly people, except, not one single person tested those equipment ever. In fact I was the one who found out that the air walker, this thing:

was completely broken and therefore instead of walking with one foot back and one foot forward, it was possible to have both feet go forward and backwards at the same time, which would allow elderly users to swing violently and fall and crack their skull on the pool (single-coloured and toxin-releasing) tiles. I brought it up to the HOA and they immediately removed and replaced these equipment because they were not spending most of their time thinking of conspiracies on Whatsapp.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Leal posted:

lol

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!
We have our Boxing Day edition of Tuesday Night Titan tonight, including a special boxing day massacre elimination tables match

https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

bless the one person fact-checking the conspiracy weirdoes in the weirdo chatgroup

it's not often that I look at a story about an HOA vs. residents and think, wow that HOA is pretty reasonable

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Runa posted:

bless the one person fact-checking the conspiracy weirdoes in the weirdo chatgroup

buy that person an account imho

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Saddest Rhino IS Pepsi Cola don't you see?!

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Saddest Rhino IS Pepsi Cola don't you see?!

man with a tattoo of a rhino on his back, showing his captives pictures of his trips.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I am in incredible suspense here rhino

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Runa posted:

it's not often that I look at a story about an HOA vs. residents and think, wow that HOA is pretty reasonable

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

What about 80+ pages?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

HonorableTB

The same guy was calling for Valko to get a permaban for drawing poop on a picture of a mod.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

rodbeard posted:

The same guy was calling for Valko to get a permaban for drawing poop on a picture of a mod.

he was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
your laughing now but valko is a mad dog and one day he will draw poop on your head and then what