Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wash bucket posted:

Here, have some more content.

lmao epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

For actual content that just happened.

Google news used to be great but recently they've become super deserperate to show me things they think I care about.

Yesterday I clicked on an article about a missing F35 (lol) and skimmed it. Today there are literally 8 different articles about the F35. Seems like they are using the youtube algorithm of "oh you accide tly click on this video about antiques so that must be your new favorite thing heres 40 more videos about it"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im seeing those mustang EVs everywhere now thats gotta piss a lot of chuds off

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
My household got a DIY carbonation kit that connects right to a big CO2 tank and standard 2L bottle, which is great because we don't have to replace or refill proprietary canisters all the time and also we aren't giving money to zionists. I do miss the SodaStream's diet Dr. Pepper knockoff flavor, though. I have yet to find a decent substitute.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

His Divine Shadow posted:

We got a Soda Stream for christmas. I read up on it because I wanted to see about refilling them, then I read an article from a soda stream user that says the units last on average 2 years before breaking. That sounds like utter poo poo to me? I know my aunt has a soda stream from the 1970s that still works. That also takes glass bottles.

I mean I can see why that's bad to make a product like that though.

Soda stream is Israeli so that's enough for me to boycott them anyway.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Actual Satan posted:

It's like they knew which options I use the most and hid them in that second menu on purpose

RIGHT?!?!

I don't know how to take it except as malicious, because something that stupid doesn't happen on accident.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

There's only twelve Sears left
Libertarian CEO's all in our ears like we're deaf

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

wash bucket posted:

Here, have some more content.

I'm running my 2014 Subaru Forester into the ground. I've had it 10 years now and it's still excellent. I truly dread in the future when I need a new car having to talk to a salesperson about seat warmer monthly subscriptions.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

There's only twelve Sears left
Libertarian CEO's all in our ears like we're deaf

I read an article posted here about how the Libertarian experiment that was Sears worked and would love to read it again

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

We got a Soda Stream for christmas. I read up on it because I wanted to see about refilling them, then I read an article from a soda stream user that says the units last on average 2 years before breaking. That sounds like utter poo poo to me? I know my aunt has a soda stream from the 1970s that still works. That also takes glass bottles.

I mean I can see why that's bad to make a product like that though.

I have an AGA that’ll probably outlive me, and is compatible with most sodastream/rando German brand accessories, so long as you check up before you buy. How does a sodastream crap out anyhow??

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'

teen witch posted:

I have an AGA that’ll probably outlive me, and is compatible with most sodastream/rando German brand accessories, so long as you check up before you buy. How does a sodastream crap out anyhow??

The new ones are so poorly made we've had two break themselves just pressing the lever against the pressure in the bottle. The little CO2 cylinders are so expensive compared to even small cylinders for home brewing, so that's what I use instead now.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Professor Shark posted:

I read an article posted here about how the Libertarian experiment that was Sears worked and would love to read it again

Also would love to read that if possible.

Time_pants posted:

RIGHT?!?!

I don't know how to take it except as malicious, because something that stupid doesn't happen on accident.

Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity (or something like that)

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!

Set things up so if enough drivers dislike someone's driving they get banned until they buy a new car

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Outrail posted:

Also would love to read that if possible.

It was nuts, describing how each department competed with one another, to the point they sabotaged each other at the expense of the store, and there were meetings where department heads refused to share laptops or projectors during tech hiccups. It sounded like Rapture but the CEO thought it was perfection.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Anything that stops people from driving their cars is an example of something getting better :colbert:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is "hitting a quarterly number so the Exec team gets big bonuses" a good reason or not?

Because I assume that's the primary reason for the loss of quality in most things.

Craftsman Tools, for one example.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

Anything that stops people from driving their cars is an example of something getting better :colbert:

Cars getting enshittified won't make light rail lines pop into existence.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

My household got a DIY carbonation kit that connects right to a big CO2 tank and standard 2L bottle, which is great because we don't have to replace or refill proprietary canisters all the time and also we aren't giving money to zionists. I do miss the SodaStream's diet Dr. Pepper knockoff flavor, though. I have yet to find a decent substitute.

Hm. Odd choice of words here. Care to elaborate?

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have a parking lot fetish and we are mortal enemies

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Seth Pecksniff posted:

They are Israeli and ran a factory in the West Bank for a long time until they got boycotted hard enough to relocate it back to actual Israel.

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
(see thread title)

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave

Seth Pecksniff posted:

SodaStream is subject to BDS boycott. I guess their super-zionist CEO Birnbaum is now a former CEO and I'm not in a position to research exactly how bad their current leadership is but yeah it's a company that has profited off of the illegal occupation and I am not on board with that.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Just got an email from Amazon about prime now being completely ad-filled. But thankfully I can pay more money for no ads! Good thing I don’t get fast shipping with prime anymore. Well, at least I’ve finally been pushed over the edge to cancel.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

So I must have had at least 6 months of Prime last year, and I didn't pay for it once. I think on one or two occasions it offered it to me for 99p, I accepted, got the thing I wanted shipped, and then when I went to cancel it gave me a full refund.

They just keep giving free trials. There literally hasn't been an occasion I needed it and it wasn't offering me a free trial.

That said, you have to bookmark this page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/mc/pipelines/cancellation because they hide the poo poo out of it. Sometimes the cancel button isn't even there wherever it's meant to be.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Nettle Soup posted:

That said, you have to bookmark this page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/mc/pipelines/cancellation because they hide the poo poo out of it. Sometimes the cancel button isn't even there wherever it's meant to be.

I'm in the US and Amazon lost a lawsuit about making prime hard to cancel so it's at least not too hard to do.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Woolie Wool posted:

now that Moore's Law is basically over

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm thinking of cancelling Amazon because of the price rise AND it now takes 4-6 days to deliver here, and, really, shouldn't I use Amazon less?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I wouldn't cancel Amazon for fear of reprisals when Jeff ascends to become god king. Stay safe.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

SodaStream is subject to BDS boycott. I guess their super-zionist CEO Birnbaum is now a former CEO and I'm not in a position to research exactly how bad their current leadership is but yeah it's a company that has profited off of the illegal occupation and I am not on board with that.

Ah ok! I appreciate the clarification on this because without context it doesnt look great

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

:rolleyes:

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ah ok! I appreciate the clarification on this because without context it doesnt look great

Lmao or you could take three seconds to Google something that has been well documented for over a decade

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Armacham posted:

Lmao or you could take three seconds to Google something that has been well documented for over a decade

Asking a bit much there mate

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i dont want to talk about global politics in this thread, we're 170 pages in we can obviously talk about this topic without doing it so stfu

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
American jew here. is the active genocide of Palestinians really “political”? I for one had no idea that sodastream was Israeli and it chased me off buying one? I think it’s worth pointing out and nobody was getting out of control

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Alright, no global politics. Universe Politics it is!

Did you guys here what High Advisor Shmelpo from Andromeda has been saying, ever since the Black Council outlawed feet pics on the ExoData-Strand that feature more than 27 toes?! Heh, bet the Gwags from Elesian were pissed about that.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

American jew here. is the active genocide of Palestinians really “political”? I for one had no idea that sodastream was Israeli and it chased me off buying one? I think it’s worth pointing out and nobody was getting out of control

A white American here. I think we should be able to talk about the Palestinian genocide. Just because it happened to you does not mean you can do it to someone else.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
God I hate saying this but we need QCS back.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

https://news.yahoo.com/amazons-prime-video-will-start-serving-ads-on-january-29-unless-you-pay-extra-040529534.html

just confirming an earlier post

quote:

Amazon has started notifying Prime Video subscribers that they have to pay extra if they don't want their viewing experience interrupted by commercials. In an email the company has sent to customers, it said that it will start showing "limited advertisements" with its service's movies and shows starting on January 29. Those who want to keep their accounts ad-free will have to pay an extra fee of $3 a month on top of their Prime subscription or their standalone $9-a-month Prime Video membership.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

God I hate saying this but we need QCS back.

yeah, sure, that would be a much better place to question the Palestinian Genocide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah, sure, that would be a much better place to question the Palestinian Genocide

If it's between having QCS and allowing mods to go around raising hackles about the word "Zionist" unchecked then my vote is QCS ten thousand times out of ten.