Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's mindblowing that they don't just have an RSS feed of the observer

Ross Sean Sapp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Incredible Hogan lie on this week's deadlock

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's mindblowing that they don't just have an RSS feed of the observer

too complicated for whichever dork runs the website i reckon

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

So there's no RSS feed for the newsletter at all? That's wild. I would have imagined a site like the Observer would've had RSS easy considering how when they started it was much more widespread than it is now.

It'd be a pain in the rear end but they theoretically could just do it manually by updating an XML file or even just, I dunno, make a Substack, Patreon, private mirror, whatever, and feed the issues into that and link that RSS feed. I mean, if they're going to go fully-digital they might as well make a paid blog or something, there's plenty of ways to sell subscriptions to an online newsletter or magazine in today's world.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
substack and patreon are a no go because working with a payment provider directly, rather than going through those as a middleman, has to mean better margins

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the sex ghost posted:

Incredible Hogan lie on this week's deadlock

John Wick, or as I like to call him, Hulk Hogan, defeated 50 trained assassins that the evil warlord "The Chin" sent at him, brother

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Johnny Day-monn Junior

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat, they hit 2009 but not my personal pick for worst raw ever, the zz top raw

And now they may never watch it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

def a top 3 top 5 raw review. Im hungry and save_us.santa

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Suplex Liberace posted:

def a top 3 top 5 raw review. Im hungry and save_us.santa

Tony freaking out and disassociating sandwiched between the times James informs everyone, "I got a gun in my left hand..."

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i was getting a bit down on some of the wwe reviews lately since the television is such a slog but this really was an all-timer. i think what i love about tony disassociating is that right after that he suddenly becomes the most intense person the podcast while james disassociates

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i love when tony gets into it, hes felt a little checked out the past few episodes (a dad at Christmas i understand) but hes back at points this ep.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo this whole episode is stunning, I have not laughed so hard at anything as I did at Jawnny and James in the Saw room

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

So there's no RSS feed for the newsletter at all? That's wild. I would have imagined a site like the Observer would've had RSS easy considering how when they started it was much more widespread than it is now.

It'd be a pain in the rear end but they theoretically could just do it manually by updating an XML file or even just, I dunno, make a Substack, Patreon, private mirror, whatever, and feed the issues into that and link that RSS feed. I mean, if they're going to go fully-digital they might as well make a paid blog or something, there's plenty of ways to sell subscriptions to an online newsletter or magazine in today's world.

There's a RSS feed for the site as a whole, which gets updated with every post -- even the Newsletter announcements. You just need to then click through + log in to see the newsletter.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Bryan: “and at MSG CM Punk had his first match in a decade!”
Dave: “his first match in WWE in a decade.”
Bryan: “right yes—”
Dave: “he wrestled for AEW 4 months ago.”

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

fart blood posted:

Bryan: “and at MSG CM Punk had his first match in a decade!”
Dave: “his first match in WWE in a decade.”
Bryan: “right yes—”
Dave: “he wrestled for AEW 4 months ago.”

Bryan got him back when meltz tries to say the rock’s daughter “can talk”.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

0konner posted:

Because The Rock still talks to Dave so Dave needs to keep him happy.

Bryan: “is Dwayne there??”
Dave: “…I don’t see him…” :confused:

fart blood fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 28, 2023

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

0konner posted:

this was a great moment

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

i was getting a bit down on some of the wwe reviews lately since the television is such a slog but this really was an all-timer. i think what i love about tony disassociating is that right after that he suddenly becomes the most intense person the podcast while james disassociates
I listened to the podcast as I was driving home after visiting family for the holidays and I had a loving out of body experience just listening to the recap of this awful episode of RAW. I just couldn't handle that Miz-IRS-Johnny daMON jr-Mae Young segment. goddamn that was tedious just in recap form.

I'm sure I watched this episode live since I was dumb enough to watch 09 wwe, but I must have repressed all memories of this episode.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ToiletofSadness posted:

I listened to the podcast as I was driving home after visiting family for the holidays and I had a loving out of body experience just listening to the recap of this awful episode of RAW. I just couldn't handle that Miz-IRS-Johnny daMON jr-Mae Young segment. goddamn that was tedious just in recap form.

I'm sure I watched this episode live since I was dumb enough to watch 09 wwe, but I must have repressed all memories of this episode.

it really hits home the contradiction inherent to that era of Raw which was trying to appeal as hard as it could to kids while also having an extended segment with IRS and the Miz referencing Z Cavariccis

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Listening to WOR and they're talking about the Jericho stuff without actually saying what the Jericho thing was about lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Stall_19 posted:

Listening to WOR and they're talking about the Jericho stuff without actually saying what the Jericho thing was about lol

Do you know what it was about??

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Stall_19 posted:

they do that kinda stuff all the time and it's really annoying, basically WOR assumes the listening audience is already highly plugged in

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol Meltzer and Brian cannot comprehend why Brodie King is mad at Daddy Magic the stage dad of Daniel Garcia (the guy who humiliated him in C2).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

they do that kinda stuff all the time and it's really annoying, basically WOR assumes the listening audience is already highly plugged in

there's no way people who are listening to a paywalled wrestling podcast aren't plugged in

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bad news for fans of the funniest Deadlock recurring bit

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALONE

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hulk Hogan has blocked him but not Terry Bollea. That is a different person, dude.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Scientology ruins everything. :(

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

projecthalaxy posted:

Female workers at fast food restaurants wish they could block Bubba in real life

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

projecthalaxy posted:

Do we have a status update on his friendship with Mancow :ohdear:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Do we have a status update on his friendship with Mancow :ohdear:

"Jimmy Hart wants his win back, brother"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

NO

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

For those that don't know Bubba posted the video of Nick Hogan's DUI arrest.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

For those that don't know Bubba posted the video of Nick Hogan's DUI arrest.

pwned

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Nick Hogan legally being allowed to drive again is a genuine miscarriage of justice

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Who's this guest on B&V?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Probably one of the charity auction people. I think she’s been on before?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
new semi regular bryan said, will mostly be there for aew ppv reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I did like that Vinny, who technically speaking works for the Observer, thanked her for being the first person he'd heard so far to actually lay out the exact details of the Chris Jericho/Nick Hausman stuff because he had no idea what the gently caress was going on otherwise.