Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Issaries posted:

Wow. I hope you guys remembered to max out your logic for this bad boy, because it is a doozer:

-167 test :psyduck:

my best logic is 90, so...

They are just trolling the min-maxers with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

I'm in Act 4 now and went to footfall. Jesus christ Chorda is nuts.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
LMAO, the Act 4 Kasballica trade inventory has an inquisitorial rosette. It causes all your Coercion tests to auto-succeed. Shades of Only War and the most hilarious outcome of the Logistics Mishap table there.

Warmachine posted:

The cutscene said purge every inch of the ship with fire, and by the Emperor that's what I'm gonna do. (I hate the boss of this level, tbh)

The boss is just an endurance fight that you win by hunkering down near the entrance and killing the enemy as they come.

Nektu posted:

They are just trolling the min-maxers with this one.

Effectively a -142 Logic check (counting the +25 Logic it gives) should be doable for late-game Pasqal with a max INT build and Logic/Tech Use skill emphasis, tho. Also seems you can do this in combat, so you should be able to stack INT buffs to help.

Magni fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 26, 2023

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
my late-game Pasqal passed it on the first try. He was near 200 logic or so

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Magni posted:

The boss is just an endurance fight that you win by hunkering down near the entrance and killing the enemy as they come.

It's very clear what they want you to do, but how it actually plays out is either sitting in the entrance skipping turns until something is in the kill zone and then blasting it, or having to run from one end of the room to the other because the terrain layout basically splits the room in half.

It's boring and tedious. Honestly they could fix it by letting you attack the sphere directly if there are no zombies up. Instead I'm just space barring my way through rounds.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Warmachine posted:

The cutscene said purge every inch of the ship with fire, and by the Emperor that's what I'm gonna do. (I hate the boss of this level, tbh)

Is that the crashed inquisitor ship? If so the boss fight in there was hilarious on my run, the fight ended up going long so my Idira ended up with 800+ hp (740 of which were temp wounds).

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Warmachine posted:

It's very clear what they want you to do, but how it actually plays out is either sitting in the entrance skipping turns until something is in the kill zone and then blasting it, or having to run from one end of the room to the other because the terrain layout basically splits the room in half.

It's boring and tedious. Honestly they could fix it by letting you attack the sphere directly if there are no zombies up. Instead I'm just space barring my way through rounds.

Cass can attack and damage the sphere directly with her single target nuke. I killed it before it could do anything so I still don’t know what it does.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Janissary Hop posted:

Cass can attack and damage the sphere directly with her single target nuke. I killed it before it could do anything so I still don’t know what it does.

Must've been a bug at the time because when I did that boss the sphere was completely immune to damage.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I liked that encounter. The room was a little annoying to fight in, but it was a neat little wave combat.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Janissary Hop posted:

It just spawns Poxwalkers endlessly, and Plaguebearers. It has to spend HP to spawn Plaguebearers so you kill those to kill it

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Further Reading posted:

Jesus christ Chorda is nuts.

She's not bad once you get to know her. She's just under a lot of pressure ok?!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ToyBox update added a feature to allow the AI to take over your companions in battle and I burst out laughing reading that.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Finally I can let Pasqal be truly one with the machine spirit.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Further Reading posted:

I'm in Act 4 now and went to footfall. Jesus christ Chorda is nuts.

She is 100 percent pure in the eyes of the Imperium.

This is why you never, ever support the Imperium

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

ToyBox update added a feature to allow the AI to take over your companions in battle and I burst out laughing reading that.

Does it just make them burst fire into the rest of your team like the allied NPCs/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Does it just make them burst fire into the rest of your team like the allied NPCs/

I don't even want to test it but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it will do.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Magni posted:

It's kind of novel but also very easy as far as bosses go.

I think they could definitely lower its HP just because it's mindless grind

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

evilmiera posted:

pay lip service to the Imperium by being publicly pious and doing the dogmatic things that make sense in order to get away with being an Iconoclastic nice RT

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
There was an iconoclast fanatic dialogue option that I was like less than 30 points away from... probably shouldn't have exterminatus'd that one planet lol

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I don't even want to test it but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it will do.

:hellyeah: :blastu:

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

I stumbled upon a cowboy Argenta build in Act 4.

A daredevil pistol that does 9-13 damage with 15 recoil. Its rate of fire equals a heavy bolter, but its range is only 5. Most importantly, its burst attacks are 0 AP. Coupled with light armour that gives extra BS and hit with two pistols equipped and gloves from a colony upgrade that gives free reloads on kills with pistols.

The range feels a little limiting, but I got plenty of ways to get extra move and I can have a Sniper as back up just in case.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Further Reading posted:

I stumbled upon a cowboy Argenta build in Act 4.

A daredevil pistol that does 9-13 damage with 15 recoil. Its rate of fire equals a heavy bolter, but its range is only 5. Most importantly, its burst attacks are 0 AP. Coupled with light armour that gives extra BS and hit with two pistols equipped and gloves from a colony upgrade that gives free reloads on kills with pistols.

The range feels a little limiting, but I got plenty of ways to get extra move and I can have a Sniper as back up just in case.

Yeah some of the pistol gear paired with accessories makes cowboy builds rule. You also get elite eldar blast pistols that are base 45 damage and 70 percent armor pen and you can find 3 or 4 of them by chapter 4. Works better with assassin builds to maximize the damage popoff.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Elite Blast pistols rock. Gave Jae two for bigtime zaps with that self-buff Officer skill.

EDIT: Think it only worked with first shot but still, they hit super hard

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Elite Blast pistols rock. Gave Jae two for bigtime zaps with that self-buff Officer skill.

EDIT: Think it only worked with first shot but still, they hit super hard

Yeah most buffs only apply to the first attack, which is why burst is generally still stronger than two attacks, but stacking buffs and multiple attacks like on assassin or Bounty Hunter can make up the difference real quick.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

think i'm nearing the end of chapter 4. argenta + two officers ftw, the last time an enemy had a turn was in chapter 2.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I can't run 2 officers, its just too much back and forth. At some point I need the enemies to foolishly rush at my party in order to get brutally cut down.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I feel like 3 is the optimal number of Officers.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the third officer doesn't really add anything since argenta will already have heavy boltered everyone to death after the second bring it down/finest hour combo

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

evilmiera posted:

what no she's totally nuts even from the dogmatic viewpoint

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

well, apparently you get another ap increase at level 45. lol

edit: voice of command, air of authority and bring it down in round 1 :pusheen:

Zodium fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 26, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I appreciate a Warhammer game leaning into Power Fantasy for a change instead of being too hard for my baby rear end

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Enemies with stun grenades must be one of the worst things in the game.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Decided to take a look at WOTR while waiting for a few more patches and wow, the early act pacing in RT is so much better and more zippy than on WOTR.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Really looking forward to when this game isn't frustrating as hell to play and there is some basic assurance that things work as they're intended

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:getin:

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Isn't Inspire broken and not actually working? Or did a recent hotfix come through?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i read that it didn't work, but my damage went up a lot, so i assume it does work? haven't patched.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What's the trigger for them to clear the mines and barricade and allow you into the quarantine zone on Footfall? I went to a couple of systems and did the Drifting Voidship but it was still closed when I came back. I think the thread said there's a good bolter in there

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Lakbay posted:

What's the trigger for them to clear the mines and barricade and allow you into the quarantine zone on Footfall? I went to a couple of systems and did the Drifting Voidship but it was still closed when I came back. I think the thread said there's a good bolter in there

For me it was finishing one of the main quest steps, the food planet. I assume it'd be any of them but that one did specifically have me sending food to footfall so maybe that was the trigger.

Semi related, for anyone who has crunched the numbers, is a bolter or a heavy bolter better and is it worth really drilling down and picking some specific perks for one or the other (other than the heavy weapon one since you probably need that of course)? I was doing very well with Argenta with a regular bolter and then went heavy into the Drusian rep to get the heavy bolter, it's a little more finicky to use and I'm not sure if it's ultimately doing more or less damage really.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Heavy Bolter is better if you're cheesing Officer and stacking ludicrous amount of Versatility, since the +damage from Versatility is a flat bonus per shot and therefore more shots = more damage.
If you're using a heavy weapon you definitely want the extra perks for it (reduced AP cost, bonus damage and deflection reduction, improved crits).