Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

uggy posted:

I think there would be more stories if he broke the color barrier

What if Michael Vick Jackie Robinson was white?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Forrest on Fire posted:

What if Michael Vick Jackie Robinson was white?

When the opposition calls you ‘white son-of-a-bitch’ and ‘white bastard’; when they try to spike you; when they throw at you, do you have guts enough not to fight back?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Cody Bells, Cody Bells
It's Christmas time in the city
Ding a ding, perfect swing
Soon it'll be signing day

thatscub

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

thatscub

(threateningly) that's cub

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A-Rod talks about spotting tipped pitches

https://streamable.com/9c7s07

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/status/1739704003523420426?t=x1vOYgRbOizcGZzkk6euwg&s=19

Jays are bringing back Kiermaier

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpG09PenZt8

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

As part of my job, I used to sometimes do respite care and the guy I watched over was a Jays fan so I watched a bunch of Jays baseball, Kiermaier is the kind of guy you need, great fielder, does lots of little things well and he's a decent hitter

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He's good and it's a good deal.

Except it puts Varsho back in left field which woof

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Works for me

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I imagine this probably takes the Jays out on Bellinger. Having 3 left handed centre fielders seems less than ideal.

I'd expect Chapman back and probably Soler, JD Martinez or Justin Turner.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry guys, it's over :(
https://x.com/BNightengale/status/1739709068246421774?s=20

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Where would Cody even play now that the Jays have brought back Kiermaier with Vlad Jr also at 1B? Or would they just DH Vlad?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sydin posted:

Where would Cody even play now that the Jays have brought back Kiermaier with Vlad Jr also at 1B? Or would they just DH Vlad?

Probably DH Bellinger, I'd think. Cuts back on possibility of him getting hurt.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the Cubs hired a new manager, the FO is pretty tuckered out at this point. understandable, really

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Probably DH Bellinger, I'd think. Cuts back on possibility of him getting hurt.

Cody is a ridiculously better fielder at 1B than Vlad is though, seems like a huge waste.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah DH’ing Bellinger removes his highest floor skill set, it makes very little sense

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

They Jays frequently use the DH as a rotating off day to try and keep guys fresh, maybe they rotate Keirmaier, Springer, Bellinger and Vlad through it. Who knows

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Cody is a ridiculously better fielder at 1B than Vlad is though, seems like a huge waste.

why wouldn't they just DH vlad

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Fun fact: Dan Kiermaier, Kevin's brother, is the head groundskeeper at Wrigley. :eng101:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm hearing that the Cubs are OUT on Kiermaier

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Kiermaier was a decent hitter last season to be sure, dont look at the previous 5 years.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would assume the Jays would be in on just re-signing Matt Chapman before they go out and pay what Bellinger wants.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

As an AAV it might be the same number!!!

I just don't think having 3 left handed centre fielders is a good idea but then I'm not Ross Atkins

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Patrick Wisdom's 2024 salary is higher than Shohei Ohtani's

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
as it should be, hell yeah

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Wander Franco had his house raided and is missing.

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1739794643234042309

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 27, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Estaban Florial is another guy the Yankees prospect hugged and just had to dump because he's out of options lol

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

As an AAV it might be the same number!!!

I just don't think having 3 left handed centre fielders is a good idea but then I'm not Ross Atkins

Does OF handedness matter?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Does OF handedness matter?

I think the problem is more on the hitting side for a lack of platoonability and lineup balance.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pseudodragon posted:

I think the problem is more on the hitting side for a lack of platoonability and lineup balance.

I guess, but 3 LHBs isn't too many, and I figure any CF can play COF, so it shouldn't be an alignment issue.

(I think the big issue is that it's three LH CFs who aren't good hitters, than the LH or CF part, necessarily.)

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

(I think the big issue is that it's three LH CFs who aren't good hitters, than the LH or CF part, necessarily.)

Yeah, if it's 3 LH CFs who are good enough to hit at a corner spot so they are your 3 starting OFs, great. But if they are going to be your starter and bench OFs, then you probably want a righty in the group.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

I guess, but 3 LHBs isn't too many, and I figure any CF can play COF, so it shouldn't be an alignment issue.

Ya two of those guys aren't good enough to play everyday in a corner as hitters so you've got one guy that sorta just exists. Bellinger at 1B is fine I think but not sure that's how you should spend your money long-term.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Saw Wander Franco trending on Twitter and was immediately like "what the gently caress did he do now" and welp

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MACHETE ON THE SOUTH SIDE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Congrats Strosposters

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Jesus Christ wake me up when Reinsdorf is dead

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/talkinyanks/status/1739767340949020731?s=61&t=MwiVngS9F-DTnbB7CvREng

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

R.D. Mangles posted:

MACHETE ON THE SOUTH SIDE

Not quite gonna say good riddance but.. that's exactly what I'm going to say actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

'Missing' might be too sensational a description, at least based on the original article. They searched the home he was raised in, then the home he owns where his wife lives, and he wasn't at either one, so they left phone numbers with his wife with instructions for Wander to contact them.

At least it's good to know that some sort of investigation is still on-going.