Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ifWNFFU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
jesus, when and where the gently caress is that from?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

run run run rUN RUN RUN RUN

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

They're too close to that poo poo by a quarter mile.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

By popular demand posted:

She says she'll never even touch one, she was just required to go through this due to company policy.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Yo, forklift sister sibling, definitely get her a shirt with skulls and flames and poo poo.

You know the ones I mean.

Also, you better be nice to her because she can totally gently caress you up with that forklift. Even if she's not likely to ever be running it.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

By popular demand posted:

She says she'll never even touch one, she was just required to go through this due to company policy.
Okay so forklift awareness and appreciation is the theme. How about this 650 dollar pewter model forklift from the Hyster-Yale web store?
https://hyster-retail.mybrightsites.com/products/562688

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Okay so forklift awareness and appreciation is the theme. How about this 650 dollar pewter model forklift from the Hyster-Yale web store?
https://hyster-retail.mybrightsites.com/products/562688

Forklift Certified Scented Candle for $23 on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1447853558/smells-like-forklift-certified-soy-wax

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

wesleywillis posted:

Yo, forklift sister sibling, definitely get her a shirt with skulls and flames and poo poo.

And get a matching one for yourself that says "Proud sibling of a certified forklift driver". Maybe a bumper sticker as well.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Maybe a bumper sticker as well.
"My other ride is my forklift certified sister's hypothetical forklift
(she is not an operator, merely trained)"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
"Everyone's a FORKLIFT OPERATOR until MY SISTER shows up"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Thin hi-viz line flag/skull decal background

"Forklift certification: better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Nenonen posted:

She’s living the dream of being forklift certified and never needing to use it. What a power move.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Correction: same words but written on a plaque with the cert and a set of keys under an emergency stop cover or even one of those office dummy grenades with a set of forklift keys on a keyring for the pin pull.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vampire Panties posted:

From reddit:

:allbuttons:

Imagine opening a shed door and seeing that :stare:

The spiciest Smithfield Ham

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mycomancy posted:

They're too close to that poo poo by a quarter mile.

1866', you mean. 1320' away and 1320' up, minimum, for me

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you’re too close for sheep in the vicinity to look picturesque, you are too close to the dynamite.

This implies that seven eighths of a mile is as close as you should be to the dynamite.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 26, 2023

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Platystemon posted:

If you’re close enough for sheep in the vicinity to look picturesque, you are too close to the dynamite.

This implies that seven eighths of a mile is as close as you should be to the dynamite.

You mean to tell me that when my character in Fallout: New Vegas lights a stick of dynamite and throws it at a Powder Ganger without taking damage, that’s unrealistic??

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

coleman francis posted:

I think you can get a DVD of Staplerfahrer Klaus.

She's certified she don't need that weak rear end poo poo.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nenonen posted:

Get this for yourself. You've earned it.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 26, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The guy called the sheriff about the dynamite and they don't know what to do. lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/OSHA/comments/18q9lkq/comment/kf058ki/?context=3

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Pyramid is much more stable than trying to build the Leaning Tower of Pisser.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cojawfee posted:

The guy called the sheriff about the dynamite and they don't know what to do. lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/OSHA/comments/18q9lkq/comment/kf058ki/?context=3

Open the door of the shed, back up to the county line, and shoot it with a rifle.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

timp posted:

You mean to tell me that when my character in Fallout: New Vegas lights a stick of dynamite and throws it at a Powder Ganger without taking damage, that’s unrealistic??

no but it's fun gently caress the powder gangers

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Need to get rid of some dynamite?

Step 1: Get some more dynamite

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
so how reactive is that dynamite now? will a loud clap set it off? or a strong light?

Leldorion
Jan 26, 2007
I once woke up from a nap midday and walked outside to find some emergency vehicles at the end of the block. Turns out that bassy rifle report I heard along the river the previous week was some kids tossing around grandpa's dynamite. I guess I slept through the evacuation notice as they swept through the neighborhood, funny thing was they couldn't diffuse it and had to call out of town to get people to take care of it anyway. That said, considering the kids were setting stuff off I assume it was in better shape, but who knows.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

so how reactive is that dynamite now? will a loud clap set it off? or a strong light?
Not quite that sensitive, but it's probably going to be a challenge to move it. Hopefully it's not under the main house.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Probably not, but tossing it a couple metres onto a hard surface could do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0a6sc91Y1c

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

do the bomb squad let you watch them detonate the sweating dynamite or do they make you stay inside out of "safety" so you dont get to see something explode?

The site I work on used to be a firing range during WW2, but had activity on it dating back to the Napoleonic war. The Canadian Army was billeted there in the run up to D-Day and used some of the dry valleys as target ranges. We occasionally find the remains of 2" mortar rounds in woods. Last time we found one, the bomb squad guys let my colleague press the button to blow it up.

Best day of their life!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'd be mostly worried about any attempt to move the bag causing the lumps inside to shift in position relative to each other and snap a crystal.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Lone Badger posted:

I'd be mostly worried about any attempt to move the bag causing the lumps inside to shift in position relative to each other and snap a crystal.

The bag itself is a nightmare.

Why couldn’t grandpa have stored the old dynamite in a box, like a civilized member of society?

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Platystemon posted:

The bag itself is a nightmare.

Why couldn’t grandpa have stored the old dynamite in a box, like a civilized member of society?

Burgler alarm

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/Ix1kimH.mp4

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Using my blunt rear end axe to haphazardly jostle a sign I could have probably just pulled up with my hands.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

But now everyone in traffic knows how mad he is about that no right on red

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
No right on red is standard in Finland and I didn't know it could be otherwise until I was an adult. It feels pretty weird to contemplate that there are places where it's legal and normal to run a red if you turn right.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Technically, it's not legal to run a red. One must come to a complete stop and check to make sure there is no traffic coming your way.

For cars, it's not really an issue. It is for pedestrians as the drivers tend to be looking left while driving to the right. I don't know how bad it is statistically, but there's been a few dangerous intersections I've dealt with because of that.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

No right on red is standard in Finland and I didn't know it could be otherwise until I was an adult. It feels pretty weird to contemplate that there are places where it's legal and normal to run a red if you turn right.

That says a lot more about the capabilities of the average Finn than it does about the entire rest of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
jingoistic driving opinions, the true american way