Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i remember it being controversial when i pointed out the european people's party was a far right organization, because angela was in it or some poo poo so how can it be far right lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
euros are either libtards or just straight up racists

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Porque no los dos?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Truga posted:

d&d eurothread has always been like that

its their culture and we hve to respect that

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

What's going on in Serbia? The way Dutch media is reporting on protests following the elections it sounds like the US is trying to colour revolution the place.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Nah.

I mean, they've got guys on standby no matter what is happening here, but this ain't it. Opposition lost an election (again) because they're liberal morons who can't even be a lesser evil compared to Vučić and are throwing a tantrum over it.

НАТО нас јебе, Вучић држи свећу, опозиција хоће да и они могу мало да држе.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

GEERT
https://twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/1738921525820932097

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's impolite!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

A Buttery Pastry posted:

the only activity the D&D eurothread really gets is when a new racist german guy starts posting their unfiltered opinions. the last time the thread was this active, GaussianCopula was posting about how awesome it was that refugees were drowning in the med, which finally ended his posting career after a long tenure as the resident racist.

GuassianCopula still posts in dnd, he didn't get a perma

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

Don't ask a European liberal about their opinion about muslims or the romani.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Grimnarsson posted:

Don't ask a European liberal about their opinion

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wilders hasn't even gone into government (yet)... :thunk:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

my dad posted:

Nah.

I mean, they've got guys on standby no matter what is happening here, but this ain't it. Opposition lost an election (again) because they're liberal morons who can't even be a lesser evil compared to Vučić and are throwing a tantrum over it.

НАТО нас јебе, Вучић држи свећу, опозиција хоће да и они могу мало да држе.

What's your take on allegations of electoral irregularities including ballot stuffing?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zedhe Khoja posted:

GuassianCopula still posts in dnd, he didn't get a perma
wait, what? he just went to the argentina thread???

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think they're onto something that best case scenario, Europe's going to be an open-air museum within a couple decades, as much as it's still liveable.

Europe will be abandoned and completely overgrown like the old agricultural societies of the Amazon. Chinese ecotourists going on boat tours down the Danube will scoff in disbelief at the idea that the jungle around them once housed settlements of up to several thousand people.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

they are so dumb its incredible, i love them

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
a hack journalist here in old portugal made an editorial about the 7th october holocaust, that's with a capital H

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I assume it's not supposed to be a :godwinning: windmill? this being ben garrison

e: I see it's mirrored. sad.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

No wooden clogs on the windmill, 2/10

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lol at hairsplitting, we're ok with you Turkish now, but the Arabs... oh heavens no. Using a weird attempt to sound progressive in order to springboard into overt racism.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol at hairsplitting, we're ok with you Turkish now, but the Arabs... oh heavens no. Using a weird attempt to sound progressive in order to springboard into overt racism.
I don't know, I think this sounds like a classic case of far-right internationalism. "Turks, as the inheritors of Ancient Greece and Rome, are true Europeans, and we shouldn't let a simple thing like their religion stand in the way of recognizing that they, too, are threatened by the Barbarism of Arabia."

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.

Regarde Aduck posted:

The Swiss SVP had a funny phase where they tried to say that they were defending women's rights by opposing immigration, since the scary brown immigrants of course treat women worse than white swiss men do (no, don't look at female representation in the party, or the other myriad ways where Switzerland was and still is rear end-backwards wrt this topic).

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Noosphere posted:

The Swiss SVP had a funny phase where they tried to say that they were defending women's rights by opposing immigration, since the scary brown immigrants of course treat women worse than white swiss men do (no, don't look at female representation in the party, or the other myriad ways where Switzerland was and still is rear end-backwards wrt this topic).

Wilders does the same thing with gay rights or lgbtq rights. Shockingly if you look at his actual 20+year voting record on either group he doesn’t support them at all.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Noosphere posted:

When did Switzerland finally push through suffrage for women in their country, again? :thunk:

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I hope they are gyroing Schauble in hell rn

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Hitler's blowing out his back walls

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.

Horseshoe theory posted:

When did Switzerland finally push through suffrage for women in their country, again? :thunk:

1971 at the national level.

What I will say regarding this is that it had to be accepted through popular vote, which is a far slower process than simple parliamentary politics. For what it's worth, the swiss parliament voted for women's suffrage in 1958. This was then refused in the subsequent referendum. The cantons of western Switzerland, who accepted the referendum, then gave women the right to vote at the cantonal level between 1959 and 1960. It took until 1968 for enough momentum to be built up for the matter to be taken up at the national level once again (sidenote : after an issue is refused in a referendum, it usually takes several years for it to be attempted again. See the fighter jet purchase: refused in a referendum in 2014, tried again and accepted in 2020. For a matter that the government considered to be of utmost urgency). This time, the referendum was accepted and women were finally given the right to vote.

Switzerland was a very socially conservative country. When my (American) mother arrived in the 90s, she was shocked at how conservative society was. For instance, once she had me, she got opprobrium from her colleagues at work "Your husband has a job, why are you working while you have a child at home ?". Going back a bit farther, my paternal grandmother was forced to quit her job as soon as she married.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Noosphere posted:

1971 at the national level.

1990 was when the last canton (Appenzell Innerrhoden) gave suffrage, which is what I consider the date for the country as a whole, even if Federally it was allowed in 1971.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

"women couldn't vote nationwide in Switzerland until 1990" gets so many good reactions lmao

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Weka posted:

What's your take on allegations of electoral irregularities including ballot stuffing?

tl;dr: There are plentiful irregularities, I wouldn't be surprised there was outright ballot stuffing, but it didn't really make a major difference.

The funniest result of the election so far is a local bussinessman who used to argue for the seccession of Vojvodina from Serbia (I'm among the undesirable 'newcomers' from communist families that moved in after WW2 whom they considered to be polluting the province and wanted to get rid of) continuing his series of political rebrandings (some including pro-USA monarchists) to run as the head of the Russian Party, and actually getting a seat under minority party regulations. Except most of his voters are the exact same people who used to vote for him and most Russians here have no loving idea who that guy even is. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
As a sidenote on my personal stance regarding the election: My brother happens to have a very similar name to some bigshot at his workplace who signed some joint statement in support of Vučić. My brother can't loving stand Vučić, and had nothing whatsoever to do with this, but that didn't stop the hatemail he started receiving from the big opposition coalition supporters after that. Or the phonecalls. Or the... other stuff.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

I'm still not sure how to feel about one of my fellow Dominions 6 playtesters being a guy who used to commission chibi art from Ben Garrison

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

my dad posted:

I'm still not sure how to feel about one of my fellow Dominions 6 playtesters being a guy who used to commission chibi art from Ben Garrison

do you have pictures?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

very ironic since the dutch are a type of turk

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

god is putting in the work at years end,only for schlaube and Kissinger he’s 60 years late.

Antifa Poltergeist has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Dec 28, 2023

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

my dad posted:

tl;dr: There are plentiful irregularities, I wouldn't be surprised there was outright ballot stuffing, but it didn't really make a major difference.

Thanks. That was my take away from glancing through the report, which is linked below if anyone is interested.
https://www.osce.org/files/f/documents/6/8/560650_1.pdf

Regarde Aduck posted:

My reading of the tweet is that he is OK with Turkish people in Turkey. I imagine he wants them to prevent Arabs from going there so they cannot then go on to the rest of Europe.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol i got mixed up between tabs, i thought you were posting that in the D&D EU thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

webcams for christ posted:

"women couldn't vote nationwide in Switzerland until 1990" gets so many good reactions lmao

lol wtf