Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Thanks! I usually play backstabby rogues in open world RPGs so I figure this should work, although apparently strength decides your melee damage while you need a high dex to wield daggers so I guess I'd need both?
Thats the one build I know well. Most of your damage from a dual dagger build comes from poison and crits which dont need str so much as agi for attack speed and crit chance. For my rogue, I went 4 agi, 2 str, 1 int. Charisma isnt needed because companions get in the way of your stealth. At least 1 int is critical for making poisons, and at least 1 str is critical for leather armor. The only point up in the air is going 2 str, 1 int vs. 1 str, 2 int. Spells could be helpful, but there are enough active skills from just bandit and melee skill trees, and the extra point in str does help your melee damage a bit. Technically you could go down to 3 agi if you really want more str, but the traits you get from 4 agi are really cool (plus the extra stats help) while the traits from 3 str are useless for this build.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

is the stuff on the wiki for Oxygen Not Included still all relevant? I haven't played for a long time but I thought that a CO2 food pit doesn't cut it anymore, for example

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Thats the one build I know well. Most of your damage from a dual dagger build comes from poison and crits which dont need str so much as agi for attack speed and crit chance. For my rogue, I went 4 agi, 2 str, 1 int. Charisma isnt needed because companions get in the way of your stealth. At least 1 int is critical for making poisons, and at least 1 str is critical for leather armor. The only point up in the air is going 2 str, 1 int vs. 1 str, 2 int. Spells could be helpful, but there are enough active skills from just bandit and melee skill trees, and the extra point in str does help your melee damage a bit. Technically you could go down to 3 agi if you really want more str, but the traits you get from 4 agi are really cool (plus the extra stats help) while the traits from 3 str are useless for this build.
Perfect, thanks!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Last Faith

• The first person you can bring back to the manor, the inventor, sells a gauntlet. This is not optional, but you wont need it for a long while and the game will not telegraph when it expects you to have it.
  • The sidequest with the dancer only requires you to talk to one other person who discusses dancing then returning to the dancer to get an achievement, but you actually need to go back to the other person you spoke to as they have a new item for you
  • When you get the Gravity Ring item you may think "oh hey I should explore the area near the manor!" You can, but be aware it is a significantly later game area and not where you are supposed to go next.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
In case someone else starts playing Disco Elysium soon, here's a little thing I didn't know (and no one in this thread told me about when I asked! <:mad:>)

To get more "thought spaces" unlocked, you have to use one of your skill points to open it up.

There was never that orange indicator on the Thought Cabinet when I leveled up (or if there was I guess I never noticed), only on the Stats screen, so I never thought (heh) to look at the other screen for what else a new Skill Point could do. I assumed they were just for leveling up skills.

And I guess I also have to use a skill point to Un-learn a thought if I can't fit any more (not sure how that happens, but I guess since I was using all my skill points so far in my stats, I can see how other people would prioritize thoughts? I've been VERY slowly playing through this, still only on Day 3 (almost done Day 3) and I only have like five thought slots, only used two points on my thoughts so far.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lethal Company

A good starting purchase is two walkie-talkies and two flashlights. If you have three or a full squad of four, keeping someone on the ship with a walkie-talkie watching the monitors can be a literal lifesaver.

You can order multiples of an item at the store. Just type what you want, followed by the quantity (eg; "walkie-talkie 4")

Sounds attract company. So does your voice.

Eclipse means it's nighttime for the whole mission and all the fun extra friends that involves. :yayclod:

Lightning is attracted to metal.

Right-click to scan. It'll highlight items in front of you. If you have several items, it'll accumulate their value which is great when you're checking your haul aboard ship to see if you're making quota. You can, and should, also scan creatures to learn about them. And if you see "New Creature Entry" pop up, be very worried because someone else just met a new friend.

Don't sell everything, keep some loot back for your next quota.

The game only cares about the profit made, not spent. You can make quota and then spend it immediately while at the company planet.

If you desperately need an audio distraction and have a little money, the store's jingle is very loud...

The Teleporter is worth the cost, if only just to be able to recover corpses instantly and avoid the penalty for abandoning them.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I have purchased Back 4 Blood on a deep sale cuz I needed something silly. It's fine. The game's updates are all completed, so there is no incoming balance changes or anything of the sort, so the following will stay relevant, barring some kind of miracle.

* You can ignore the little videos about how you need to organize the cards in your deck so that the more useful effects can be put sooner or later in your playthrough. As of now, all cards in your deck are considered played and you can just go for it.

* Originally, you had to complete Act 1 in order to unlock Doc, Hoffman, Jim, and Karlee. As far as I'm aware of, this is no longer the case. The last four Cleaners (Heng, Sharice, "Prophet" Dan, and Tala) are with the DLC.

* Each Cleaner has a personal card that gives them a special ability, a passive, and also provides a benefit for the team. For example, Evangelo has a free breakout from grabs on a 60 second cooldown as his ability, +25% stamina regen as his passive, and gives the team +5% move speed.

* Starting out, the game expects you to play on Recruit in order to build up supply points in order to spend on supply point tracks, which contain cards as well as cosmetics. Keep in mind that some cards are given as rewards for accomplishments, such as getting 500 lifetime kills with a weapon or performing certain actions on the field.

* You will want to have a decent balance of cards so that you can have a smoother time. Generally speaking, Reflex cards are about moving fast and performing actions quickly; Discipline cards are for dealing damage efficiently; Brawn is for staying alive against the many things out to kill you; and Fortune has things related to gaining copper and carrying things. Again, there are some cards that fall under these classifications that seem like they might belong elsewhere (Run and Gun [shooting while sprinting] counting as a Fortune card when it seems like it would be under Reflex), but you get used to it.

* Certain cards have a good ability attached while also possessing a drawback of some kind. This kind of drawback could even be the disabling of a specific function you have. For example, Quick Kill gives you +50% accuracy, but you are no longer allowed to use Aim Down Sights. It should go without saying, but maybe don't use this with something like a sniper rifle unless you have the cards necessary to make it not an issue for you.

* After each stage completed, you get an influx of copper to spend at the chest before venturing outside. Make sure you only take what you have to and save some for later because you can find new cards on the field and they cost 500 copper a pop.

* Birds can be destroyed with grenades so that they do not trigger a horde. This also applies to the Bait Jar, presumably because it is bile. I have not tested with a Smoke Grenade, so that's up to you, but everything else is fair game.

* There are three boss-type Ridden in the game that can appear at any point in the campaign as well as fixed points. The Ogre is a giant who can toss pus balls at you and may also crush you to death if you are careless. The Breaker functions like Left 4 Dead's Tank except there are boils for you to shoot and they do not have the ability to lob debris at you, but they can force you to fight in an area that will damage you if you step outside of it. The Hag is like the Witch if you piss it off, except its only attack is a grab that is an instant kill if you/your team does not deal enough damage to shake it off. All three have weak points, so just keep calm and play it smart when any of them are on the field.

* If you are planning on playing on your own, there's two main things to know: Your team's AI is gonna be really stupid at spots and eerily competent at others, and that you just have to make it to the exit and you can shut the door on them to end the stage with them outside without incurring any kind of penalty.

* Act 4 is really dumb. Find a party you trust or look up ways to get through it painlessly on your own if you must.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
For Aliens Dark Descent, how can I tell how well I’m doing? I’ve heard you can get into a failure spiral ala an xcom if you gently caress up enough or take too long in terms of days to finish the game? Or there might just be a hard game over time limit as well.

I’m pretty early on I think, finished 3 missions after the tutorial but I’ve taken a few days to do each of those because I was learning the game and made some mistakes based on assumptions, tapped out a little early when I didn’t need to.

I’d rather restart now knowing what I know I think if I was on the track to losing but if it’s reasonably generous on the bass difficulty I’ll just crack on.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

No entry for Alan Wake 2 yet, which I just started. I've explored the woods and examined the body, now I'm in town and about to enter the diner.

My question is: Do I have to explore every nook and cranny of an area before moving the plot forward due to permenantly missable pickups (like I'm doing now) or will I get ample chance to go back to any area to do that later (like in Control, for example)? I ask because the manuscript pages in this game appear to actually contribute towards your abilitiy tree, and not just plot elements like in the first Alan Wake game. The thing is playing this way is killing the pacing of the story and causing me to fomo, so how is this game designed with regards to that stuff?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cactus posted:

No entry for Alan Wake 2 yet, which I just started. I've explored the woods and examined the body, now I'm in town and about to enter the diner.

My question is: Do I have to explore every nook and cranny of an area before moving the plot forward due to permenantly missable pickups (like I'm doing now) or will I get ample chance to go back to any area to do that later (like in Control, for example)? I ask because the manuscript pages in this game appear to actually contribute towards your abilitiy tree, and not just plot elements like in the first Alan Wake game. The thing is playing this way is killing the pacing of the story and causing me to fomo, so how is this game designed with regards to that stuff?

You can always go back*, nothing is missable.

*There is a final point of no return, but you will know when it is because the game will force you to manually make a save and confirm you want to progress the story which it never does anywhere else. No collectibles are located after it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

You can always go back, but also be prepared for a long rear end run if you miss something way back in the woods.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Ah that's good to know, thanks. Now I can relax and do the story in chunks and collect stuff during what I decide is downtime.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Any tips for Rogue Trader, especially for psyker build?

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Rogue Trader

* You can only improve characteristics and abilities that are in the archetype or origin advancement lists on designated level up spots for them, though you can sacrifice a talent for an characteristic/ability increase. Some Talents provide exceptions to this.
* There is a limit to how much you can improve a characteristic/ability per Archetype, so bear in mind that you cannot just pump all stats into a single of them from the start. You can level them further in the advanced archetypes.
* If you want your main character to be a skill monkey you likely need INT. Only the Operative archetype allows that per default, but the Voidborne Homeworld has a talent (Be Smart) that, apart from the main effect, always lets you advance INT (subject to the limit mentioned above) if you want to play something else.
* Similarly the Forge World Homeworld has a talent that allows the use of INT for dialogue checks instead of FEL, giving you an option to manage those checks even if your archetype does not work with FEL.
* Psykers can pick more psychic disciplines later (Biomancy/Telepathy etc). You are not locked into just the starter choice.
* The game automatically uses the party member with the best stats (out of the ones in the selected group) for a check in dialogue and on the map, so your MC does not have to be good at everything (but ofc sometimes you are alone).
* Respecs are free the first 3 times, after that they start costing. You cannot undo archetype choices, so plan accordingly.

GhostBoy fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 15, 2023

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Only the first 3 respecs are free. After that they cost an increasing amount.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Only the first 3 respecs are free. After that they cost an increasing amount.

Thanks. I have amended my tip

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Resident Evil 4 remake
  • You can knife kill enemies from behind at any time, not just when they're unaware. There's an early-ish difficulty spike during a segment where you're fighting alongside a NPC and you can knife enemies that are distracted by them.
  • Holding back then pressing run will quickturn in place, holding run then pressing back will instantly run backwards without turning. The difference matters when you start getting explosives thrown at you. YMMV, but there's an option to make quickturn the crouch button instead of run, which is clumsier to use, but I liked it since I rarely try to use quickturn in combat and it stopped me doing it by accident.
  • If you're low on ammo, regular knife swings stunlock lone ganados pretty well and is surprisingly light on durability cost.
  • The select/back button will bring up the area map and shows any loose items you've passed near. Check it after you've searched an area but before moving on to the next.

Hardspace: Shipbreaker
  • The game puts emphasis on returning to the HAB by the end of shift, but there doesn't seem to be a penalty for failing to do so. You can work until the timer runs out and any tethers will even still be active the next shift.
  • You can put your hands in front of you, it's Z or X on m+kb. It's not necessary, but pretty helpful and versatile. It softens impacts, latches you to the surface for precision cuts, lets you crawl through tight spaces and is strong enough to stop you from getting whipped around during explosive decompression or from getting sucked into a furnace.
  • Lvl 1 cut points can be cut with the precision laser cutter. Lvl 2 needs the line cutter alternative fire or a well-upgraded cutter. Lvl 3 needs demolition charges.
  • Sweeping the crosshairs over a piece of material is the surest way to know what bin it goes into. The structural scanner will mostly be correct, but filters by structural elements rather than material and may be fooled by an aluminum panel among the nanocarbon ones or a nanocarbon pillar among the aluminum supports. Grappled material will tell you what bin the grappled section goes into and may be fooled by multi-material sections that need to be separated with the cutter.
  • The handheld grapple strongly resists letting items rotate relative to you once you've latched to them. If you need to rotate a long piece to fit it through a doorway, you may need to just circle the entire ship while latched to it to get the angle right. Alternatively, objects free spin while on a tether and will usually find whatever angle they need so long as they're pulled in the right direction.

yook fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 17, 2023

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If you want to maximize your money in RE4make, you should max out your knife durability immediately. It'll save you money in the long run

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Anything for Marvel's Midnight Suns beyond what is already on the wiki? https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Marvel%27s_Midnight_Suns

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kalenden posted:

Anything for Marvel's Midnight Suns beyond what is already on the wiki? https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Marvel%27s_Midnight_Suns

Honestly not really. I played through it a couple of months ago and its fairly self explanatory. Only things I really remember tripping me up is that I didnt quite grasp immediately that if a card has a "redraw" ability, redrawing it... Doesnt redraw it. It stays in your hand and adds that ability to the card. I assumed it would shuffle it back into your deck with that added text, which it doesnt. Also for a few battles I didnt realise that you could use a "chain" attack on a single target, when you click on the target it asks you to select an additional target, you can just click on the same guy again.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Something I can think of to add: You can only take each character to a haven once. Wait to do so until you have a good gift for that character.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Whoops, wrong thread!

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 19, 2023

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I still have yet to play Elden Ring for the first time, so it was a good tip.

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013

Kalenden posted:

One thing that tripped me up: You will get a character that does not have a friendship meter. Trying to improve your relationship with them is useless; to earn their legendary card, you will have to complete a research project (and win the challenge mission).

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Any tips for Dune: Spice Wars? I've heard it's closer to Northgard than a traditional RTS, so if that's true I at least know roughly what I'm getting in to.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Any specific tips for Monster Hunter Rise for someone coming from the older games? I’ve played a lot of MH before, but the last game I played was Monster Hunter 4G and the jump seems substantially bigger than Dos to Tri or Tri to 4G was. e.g. there are no sub-areas in a map now, there are all these bugs and small animals running around that apparently do stuff, weapons’ movesets seem different, there’s some sort of grappling hook, etc. Feels like I’ll have to un-learn a lot of old habits. I checked the wiki but the tips there seem more geared towards general MH tips.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Kalenden posted:

The only thing the wiki doesn't have that I recall being very useful is that slamming poo poo into other poo poo is incredibly useful, and if you can chain slam stuff around like you're playing pool, you can do some absolutely asinine amounts of damage with 1 action.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Kruller posted:

The only thing the wiki doesn't have that I recall being very useful is that slamming poo poo into other poo poo is incredibly useful, and if you can chain slam stuff around like you're playing pool, you can do some absolutely asinine amounts of damage with 1 action.

Keep in mind you have to research an upgrade before this works. If you slam enemies into your teammates before that you'll just damage them too.

The bit about the DLC characters should probably also be updated, there's four of them now

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Astlibra Revision

- The demo is the entire first chapter (around two hours of gameplay), the save data should also carry over into the full game. So if you need to play the ugliest game of 2022 to determine if it's worth your time then you're safe to finish the demo first.
- The first scene transition of the game breaks the 180° rule. It's the only place this happens.
- There are no missable collectables or items.
- The game will still be introducing mechanics and systems until the last dungeon. If you're having trouble with any specific one then there are books in your inventory that will update to include explanations on all of them.
- The Libra system is slightly obtuse, you need to balance the scales but if two items have the same attribute bonus then that bonus will cancel out. Attribute bonuses of differing qualities (easily identified by text colour) will not cancel each other out, "Poison Resistance" and "Poison Resistance (Great)" can coexist.
- The Grow system (which is functionally a sphere grid) is where you'll unlock new Possessions (your magic), upgrade your stats, and unlock some optional weapons. It's gated by Chapter so if you come up against a Lock node, it'll likely clear after the next act break.
- Following Chapter 2, you should jump over the Bar to find the fast travel item.
- Filling a weapon, armor, or shields experience bar will grant you a new Karon ability, these are key to survival so switching up equipment to unlock new abilities is recommended.
- The first Light spell you unlock, Moonlight, remains viable for much of the game.

Alan Wake 2

- Most weapons (aside from your starting sidearm and a weapon received during a specific setpiece) are locked behind puzzles, but keep an extra eye out for Alan's shotgun, it can be found before you enter the second overlap area.
- Dodging is key to combat, you get i-frames and dodging the final hit in an enemies combo will stun it.
- The game has adaptive loot drops, so hording items won't get you ahead. Use whatever you have available to you to survive.
- Stealth is very viable. Physical Taken are harder to avoid, but you can pass right next to Shadows as long as it's dark and you aren't running.
- Most Plot important rooms seem to reset enemy AI, so running past enemies to enter one is a viable strategy.
- Use your flashlight burst liberally. It will reveal a weakpoint on some enemies, remove the darkness shield on others, and cause the rest to stumble.
- Flares are a flashlight burst that last much longer and can be thrown. They're also a "personal space" emergency option that will cause enemies to back off and give you some space.
- Watch for painted rocks and hung knit art while exploring, these will lead you to the lunchbox collectibles.
- There are several missable collectibles, five videos specifically, so if 100% completion is important than it's worth looking them up.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Genpei Turtle posted:

Any specific tips for Monster Hunter Rise for someone coming from the older games? I’ve played a lot of MH before, but the last game I played was Monster Hunter 4G and the jump seems substantially bigger than Dos to Tri or Tri to 4G was. e.g. there are no sub-areas in a map now, there are all these bugs and small animals running around that apparently do stuff, weapons’ movesets seem different, there’s some sort of grappling hook, etc. Feels like I’ll have to un-learn a lot of old habits. I checked the wiki but the tips there seem more geared towards general MH tips.

For the basic gameplay of fighting monsters, you can mostly treat the maps as still broken into subareas. Large monsters still stick to larger open areas and even if they use the connections to move from open area to open area, they go into a faster movement speed and its usually better to just get to their target than try to engage them while they are moving. For non-monster hunting, the game is much more vertical than World, and World was much more vertical than the 3-4 generation. Even coming from World, the new movement options were a major change.

The small animals can be broken up into three types: Spiritbirds, holdable effects, and instant use effects. I can't go into every creature, but broadly:
Spiritbirds provide stats for the duration of your hunt. You just need to get close to them, the stat boost is based on the color and what type of petallace you have equipped. You can spend a few minutes at the start of the hunt grabbing a bunch, or just beeline to the target and grab the ones on the way. Will depend on how serious the fight is.
Holdable effects are creatures you grab and put into your bag, and will then appear in your item bar. They have effects like creating a healing fog, curing status effects, or providing damage and status effects. You are limited in how many you carry. I like to grab them if I see them, and they can provide a nice pop of damage or a good blight effect.
Instant use effects occur as soon as you touch them. Attack and defense buffs, OHKO defense, bonus HP and stamina effects. I don't go out of my way to grab most of them, but some of the defensive buffs can make a big difference if you remember where they are. Bonus wirebugs also fall under this.

On weapon movesets, there is a place in-game to try out your weapon against a semi-static enemy, and there are still Youtube tutorials for weapons, although the quality varies a lot by presenter. There are a lot of new super moves that go outside the standard weapon behavior you remember, so I find it harder to just swap into a new weapon for one quest.

The grappling hook will take a while to get comfortable with. There are three ways to activate it: A vertical quickshot, a horizontal quickshot, and an aimed shot. I quickly dropped the two quickshots, and only really use the aimed shot. The quickshots are too rigid, and a diagonal aimed shot is almost always more useful. Practice around town with it to get used to moving this way and snapping shots off. It is possible to move almost as fast as someone on a Palamute using knowledge of a map and well timed grapples. Speaking of this: the wirebugs are the resource you use for both grapples and some of your special wirebug moves. They recover on their own, depending on how they are spent. More powerful moves take more wirebugs and they take longer to recover afterwards. The grapple shots recover them very quickly. You start with two, and one of the animals you can pickup will temporarily give you a third. There is also a palico skill that spawns a wirebug, and some armor skills that affect this.

Monster riding and mount damage is also new or drastically changed. Aerial attacks do mounting damage, once enough accumulates you can ride the monster, and either use its attacks against another monster or slam its face into a wall/monster. This is a technique that you should practice, it should be possible to get 2-3 slams off each ride. There are two major things to note on top of this: Monsters that are not a target of the quest have very, very low mounting resistance. It takes very little mounting damage to initiate riding, then you can ride that monster to the quest target and get a bunch of damage. And riding attacks and slams do mounting damage, so if you get multiple monsters together, like above, you will get a few rides at once. It is a big chunk of damage off at the start of the fight and can feel a little cheap, honestly. Still fun, though.

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009
Anyone have any tips for salt and Sacrifice? Never played part 1

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

CuddleCryptid posted:

There is a point in Doki Doki where you have to (major spoiler) directly manipulate the game files in your system explorer.

How would this work on the Steam deck?

Edit: the below quote is for the Switch, but I assume it's the same or similar for the deck?

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's a fake OS to interact with, kinda like .hack or the austin powers GBC games

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 26, 2023

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So I read the Octopath 2 entry and took its advice on who to start with and then I've been travelling about recruiting the others and doing their chapter 1s. It seems like it's going to be pretty hard to keep a relatively "balanced" group based on just what I'm playing now unless it drastically cuts how much xp you get if you're slightly above the recommended level for an area cause like, even this early on Throne is now closing in on being levelled for her higher level chapter 2 choice and I would guess in the course of doing that, her and everyone else is going to level up to way above their appropriate levels for the other characters second chapters and I have to keep at least her in the party until I finish her story I guess. Then it's just gonna keep spiraling out of control?

Or does it kinda start ramping up the difficulty in the actual chapters and cut XP a bit if you are overlevelled like I said above? Right now obviously all I've seen is the random mobs in the routes between recruiting people and the chapter 1 stuff which is all pretty simple.

I can just already feel it itching at my brain that I might play things in the "wrong" order and make the game way to brainlessly easy which is a common issue I have with any game where you can pretty freely choose where to go and the order to do things.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: the below quote is for the Switch, but I assume it's the same or similar for the deck?

The more I hear about the Austin Powers GBC game the more intrigued I am

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

bbcisdabomb posted:

Rockstar's best two games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bbcisdabomb posted:

They're..interesting. The Dr Evil one has an Elastomania clone built in and they both do a fake scandisk if you don't "shut down" properly.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Queer Salutations posted:

Astlibra Revision

- The demo is the entire first chapter (around two hours of gameplay), the save data should also carry over into the full game. So if you need to play the ugliest game of 2022 to determine if it's worth your time then you're safe to finish the demo first.
- The first scene transition of the game breaks the 180° rule. It's the only place this happens.
- There are no missable collectables or items.
- The game will still be introducing mechanics and systems until the last dungeon. If you're having trouble with any specific one then there are books in your inventory that will update to include explanations on all of them.
- The Libra system is slightly obtuse, you need to balance the scales but if two items have the same attribute bonus then that bonus will cancel out. Attribute bonuses of differing qualities (easily identified by text colour) will not cancel each other out, "Poison Resistance" and "Poison Resistance (Great)" can coexist.
- The Grow system (which is functionally a sphere grid) is where you'll unlock new Possessions (your magic), upgrade your stats, and unlock some optional weapons. It's gated by Chapter so if you come up against a Lock node, it'll likely clear after the next act break.
- Following Chapter 2, you should jump over the Bar to find the fast travel item.
- Filling a weapon, armor, or shields experience bar will grant you a new Karon ability, these are key to survival so switching up equipment to unlock new abilities is recommended.
- The first Light spell you unlock, Moonlight, remains viable for much of the game.

2 additions:

- The first screen transition in the game has you walk off a screen to the left onto another screen facing to the right. I promise this is the only time in the entire game that it breaks the 180 rule a

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Egg Tats are you O.K.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Anything for God of War Ragnarok? I've played and platinumed the first one but ages ago and barely remember anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Dr. Quarex posted:

Egg Tats are you O.K.

I wrote the full post into the edit window, I just... didn't save it.

A few Astlibra additions:

- As far as I've been able to find, difficulty only adjusts numbers. I think this includes drop rates but there's no changes to the ending.
- Playing on hard, every single chapter felt like a huge difficulty bump, levelling out by the end. That's normal.
- The fast travel item mentioned above doesn't work while you're inside of a chapter, but any time you can access the scales in your house it will work.
- One of the craftable accessories in chapter 4 gives you another double jump. It's worth grinding to craft this before you start chapter 5.
- It took me like 3 chapters to realize this, but you can attack and move while an item is being used, so if there's an opening there's no reason to stop being aggressive while you heal.
- While you're using a possession skill all enemy attacks are nullified rather than hitting you - it's worth using a possession slot on something that keeps you transformed for a while just for the sake of healing