Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Santa Clause ruing the day he offshored instrument production to Medini

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

gently caress off with that AI poo poo

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah. There's a 'virgin/chad' Shiba inu meme I can't find right now with a crying guitarist surrounded by pedals and their DAW like "what if nobody likes my tunes" and three giant muscled podcasters with their SM7Bs like "so I was at the store getting groceries and this chick ahead of me is taking forever" "oh I hate that bro".

They're the worst. I have to grin and bear it and sell them their USB mics and show them how to use them and humour their vapid fascination knowing these toys are going to come right back or go in the garbage. At least some of them are at least passionate about something specific. At the risk of getting political, the absolute worst one I had to deal with was a woman who started the conversation with "I'm Israeli and I need to make a podcast to help my people sleep at night with everything that's going on." She was singularly the most insidiously rude, entitled person I've ever had to deal with, she demanded we turn off the store music and that "someone competent" show her how to install and use loving Audacity and Zoom on her laptop. I just wanted to sneak in a "from the river to the sea" somewhere but I'd rather not lose my job.

Merry Christmas.

Thinking about picking up that SM7dB to really impress the coworkers on slack. Sorry people are cumulatively assholes, hope you had a good holiday!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

gently caress off with that AI poo poo

who let mid 2000s ATI make a guitar

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Thinking about picking up that SM7dB to really impress the coworkers on slack. Sorry people are cumulatively assholes, hope you had a good holiday!

my coworkers said i looked like a youtuber when i used mine

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Southern Cassowary posted:

my coworkers said i looked like a youtuber when i used mine

I work with a bunch of nerds, the amount of at2020s is staggering. Gotta outplay the competition somehow.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Has this thing been posted in here before? Not my photo, but I just saw it in person at a guitar shop. It's the ugliest instrument I've ever seen IRL. Boob tone and volume knobs. The pickup selector is a real missed opportunity.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

The 7dB is interesting, it's slightly bigger than a regular 7B and the scuttlebutt is that it is actually a CloudLifter inside the chassis so it's effectively the same as getting one alongside a regular 7B - I'm not crunching the numbers right now to see which one is cheaper because I'm sitting at a bar. I use my AT4040 when sitting and streaming or web chatting, my 7B sits plugged into a TC Voicelive Touch 2 as part of my DJ setup with the (false) anticipation that someday I'm gonna use it as part of a live synth PA rig and now oh no I've become the Stupid Music poo poo.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Has this thing been posted in here before? Not my photo, but I just saw it in person at a guitar shop. It's the ugliest instrument I've ever seen IRL. Boob tone and volume knobs. The pickup selector is a real missed opportunity.

Nice that Jackie got included. Were you able to make out what the fretboard says?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

mweber posted:

Nice that Jackie got included. Were you able to make out what the fretboard says?

“THE KING OF ALL MEDIA”

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
:chanpop: thats one hell of a video

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cloudlifter is a JFET buffer, no? Seems smart to just smoosh one inside the podcaster mic and eat Cloudlifter’s lunch.

Edit: ya about who is eating who’s lunch:

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 26, 2023

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Aix posted:

:chanpop: thats one hell of a video

Same brilliant songwriter as this all-time banger:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_k5_egUAo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
gently caress, Marry, Kill:

Medeski, Martin & Wood

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I drifted around the timeline of this trying to see if there was anything worth watching, stumbled on rob chapman, shuddered and turned off.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Interesting how the people who shred also deserve to be thrown in a shredder. Perhaps they’re aware of it and are calling out to the shredder’s blades for that sweet release :iiam:

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

looking forward to the world's biggest write just one memorable riff instead of filming your jerk off session collab

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

insane clown pussy posted:

looking forward to the world's biggest write just one memorable riff instead of filming your jerk off session collab

No YouTube guitarist is capable of doing this and they've all tried. Chapman's bands and that godawful music is win ep prove that forever.

They're all just blues lawyers who have subscribers instead of dental patients.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

massive spider posted:

I drifted around the timeline of this trying to see if there was anything worth watching, stumbled on rob chapman, shuddered and turned off.

most of it was forgettable but matteo mancuso playing like flamenco jazz fusion shred or some poo poo was crazy. 3:17 if the video doesn't timeskip properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6YvB0NblPw&t=197s

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Nothing wrong with appreciating technical ability for its own sake.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Thumbnail once again ignites my irresistible urge to punch Steve Terreberry

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

massive spider posted:

There's only one chapman I'm talkin about, brother

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

stratdax posted:

Nothing wrong with appreciating technical ability for its own sake.

It's just also not very interesting as music. It's kinda like those lumberjack competitions where they have to do ridiculous cuttings while climbing as fast as possible. It's all very impressive, but not something I'd recommend if you actually needed to cut down trees.

I liked Zappa's approach to Vai on Sheikh Yerbouti though: have him stand in a corner and wank all over, but make sure he's not dominating in the mix and have an actual song going on as well.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
The great thing about that video is you can get up and do something else while it's playing then come back and you still saw the whole thing. Shredding so powerful it forces you into quantum superposition.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The biggest gap in all of them were the ones that sacrificed melody and/or dynamics for technique. Compressing the poo poo out of the recording for tapping articulation or just doing a bunch of sweep picking arpeggios that aren't particularly related to anything is uncanny valley poo poo. It sounds like a simulation of music.

I'm all for cool guitar trickery. But it has to be something that sits in its place and interacts with the things around it.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
my old guitar teacher used to call this sort of thing goose-squeezing music and you know what, I hear it.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Kingo Ligma posted:

No YouTube guitarist is capable of doing this and they've all tried. Chapman's bands and that godawful music is win ep prove that forever.

They're all just blues lawyers who have subscribers instead of dental patients.

Didn’t Stevie T put out a couple of actual songs that were at least halfway decent? But yeah, the Music is Win one was horrendously bad, like you threw some generic rock into a blender.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It’s called “Music is Win.” I have seen and heard enough.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It’s called “Music is Win.” I have seen and heard enough.

The only thing I know about Music is Win is that they have a video where they play hard guitar parts and he tries to play This Charming Man and completely mangles it.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ4XyRpTACg

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 27, 2023

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hah nice another one falls to the Marr Honeypot.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Didn’t Stevie T put out a couple of actual songs that were at least halfway decent? But yeah, the Music is Win one was horrendously bad, like you threw some generic rock into a blender.

the one track he made a video for is literally the background music from home depot commercials

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

actually the music is win saga got a lot funnier recently since his wife left him

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

massive spider posted:

What's up with chapman, something outside of the riff city debacle?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the what debacle

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

TheMightyBoops posted:

The only thing I know about Music is Win is that they have a video where they play hard guitar parts and he tries to play This Charming Man and completely mangles it.

Edit:

This is so cringe to watch good lord

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
rabea massaad is the best part of that whole chapman circle also the guitars are probably pretty good

e: the box Anderton's music sent me my behringer bi-phase in was also a big win to my cats

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

muike posted:

rabea massaad is the best part of that whole chapman circle also the guitars are probably pretty good

e: the box Anderton's music sent me my behringer bi-phase in was also a big win to my cats

I had an original ghost fret, the belly cut made it one of the most comfortable guitars I ever owned. Played pretty well to boot.

hexwren posted:

the what debacle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwdhBcVkNQ
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/ep0op2/discussion_riff_city_guitars_response_to_the_rob/

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

insane clown pussy posted:

the one track he made a video for is literally the background music from home depot commercials

I wish I'd saved it before it got scrubbed off youtube. The visuals and lyrics really added to it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Edit:

I'm the literally over half (9 minutes and 33 seconds) of this 19 minute video timestamped as "Sponsor."

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Turbinosamente posted:

I wish I'd saved it before it got scrubbed off youtube. The visuals and lyrics really added to it.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/oVhCBDARCyR4/

the best part is the little gang vocal bit after the first chorus