Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Thanks for the recommendations, warhammer crime does seem like a good fit. I see I can get audio? That is very tempting for my hobby time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Preview from today’s video… that’s gotta be Nazdreg, right?

:aaa:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Monoliths posted:

Could be, bit of a throwback design on his Kustom Mega Blasta. He doesn't look like he's in contemporary mega armour but would be good for them to make him more distinctive from Ghazkull.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Monoliths posted:

It's another Custode; one that dug real deep in the Emperor's toolbox.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I dunno Nazdreg is described as a big ole fat boy and this thing seems kinda slim (you can see little holes through it)

Im hoping for a grot mek in an ork suit.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Monoliths posted:

Sadly not; it's definitely some kind of mek character. You can see in this gif it has a wrench in one hand, mek icon banner pole, an extra grabby army like a techmarine, and what could be a KFF backpack. Plus a handheld traktor kannon & some extra dakka on his shoulder.

https://i.imgur.com/3fwWyZb.mp4

I'd guess this is to replace the finecast big mek model

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

e: lol. well lets make this less redundant... I agree, roughly zero chance it's Nazdreg

if it's not a new generic big mek, probably closer to the mark to guess Orkimedes. looks fancier than I'd expect for a generic kit?

Assessor of Maat fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 27, 2023

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I love the old Nazdreg model and have come within one drink of buying it on eBay

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Ah, yep, got ahead of myself. One day!

I agree it looks like special character levels of fancy gubbinz, so yeah I’d say Orkimedes or some kind of rebranded new named mek. Almost certainly not Buzzgob.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Hell yeah Orkimedes

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
when they burned the library of alexandria the crowd cheered in horrible joy. They understood that there was something older than wisdom, and it was fire, and something truer than words, and it was ashes

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah Snikrott is a rare miss when it comes to updating sculpts. Kind of an odd choice to begin with, since I'm fairly certain it was one of the more modern Ork hero sculpts.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just finished Spears of the Emperor, and it did a lot to remind me how cool Space Marines and 40k are. ADB is really good at humans having to deal with mostly inhuman Space Marines, and also likes to add lots of fun and humor to keep the proceedings entertaining.

One of the best BL books is Scars, a fantastic read even if you are not a Heresy person.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Helsreach or the story of the god emperor's grumpiest son.

(and also Andrej is there)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spears remains one of the two Marine stories I've found myself really enjoying, probably because they're not really the main characters.
The second one being Emperor's Gift.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

The best BL novels are the Fabius Bile trilogy. :colbert:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mazed posted:

The best BL novels are the Fabius Bile trilogy. :colbert:

i don't think you can call it better than l'etranger, especially when the BL is all subtext

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah Snikrott is a rare miss when it comes to updating sculpts. Kind of an odd choice to begin with, since I'm fairly certain it was one of the more modern Ork hero sculpts.

In the pictures he is very underwhelming, but the actual model is damned good. I do miss the "shhhh" pose, but awesome sculpt otherwise.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I was complaining to a bunch of nerds online about the current crop of Terminator releases not having lightning claws or thunder hammers, it's literally the reason why I'm not getting the deathwing terminators, then some of them told me to not expect any of those two weapons in the future because they've been relegated to relic weapons and wont get a refresh, is this true?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also the classic krieg novel 'dead men walking' got an audiobook release last month! hell yes!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

I was complaining to a bunch of nerds online about the current crop of Terminator releases not having lightning claws or thunder hammers, it's literally the reason why I'm not getting the deathwing terminators, then some of them told me to not expect any of those two weapons in the future because they've been relegated to relic weapons and wont get a refresh, is this true?!

They'll re-do assault terminators for sure, it's just a question of when & how.

Given the Deathwing theme it's possible a generic new kit gets squeezed into this Dark Angels release. Maybe they'll keep it back for Blood Angels or even Kill Team later in the year. I'm sure there was a rumour in the Summer about a new Space Hulk themed boxed set too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'll probably magnetise any new terminators I get, although aren't ranged ones doing better in the meta right now?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

The 10th marines codex includes assault terminators with the usual thunder hammers and lightning claws, so as usual, your nerds are mad at things they haven’t actually read

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Snikrot definitely lost a bit of character but his new model is better than first impressions imply, especially if you have them side by side in your hands. It didn't blow me away but I like it. It's not really a weird choice when you consider that they also updated the Kommandos this year too, so it was a package deal.

I don't love the silhouette of the new Mek model but hopefully it grows on me when it's fully revealed. Always better to have more fodder for adjustment either way. I'd like the focus to move away from the Snagga stuff and back to a Mekwaaagh

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Considering he has a 3 book series and just got a special edition mini, I have to wonder if Da Red Gobbo will be added as a character and Warlord choice so you can run a full gretchin/Rebel Grots army.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Super Waffle posted:

Considering he has a 3 book series and just got a special edition mini, I have to wonder if Da Red Gobbo will be added as a character and Warlord choice so you can run a full gretchin/Rebel Grots army.

he got legend rules so probably not

gloomspite gitz are already a goblin army in AOS if you want

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I want more wierdo orks like Zogrod Wortsnagga he rules so much

So if they do ever do a refresh of nazdreg i want him to be really wierd looking, be more creative with ork body types, if the bad moons are the richest then bling him up too!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im telling you.
Grot in a ork suit

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Hihohe posted:

Im telling you.
Grot in a ork suit
Three grots in a trenchcoat

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Is Orkimedes still canon? I just like saying the name.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Al-Saqr posted:

I want more wierdo orks like Zogrod Wortsnagga he rules so much
I always likes old Zogrod, what a cool mini.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Indomitus box set went over well with the GF’s brother and his partner for Christmas, I knew he was interested in trying out 40K and liked the Necrons, but I was surprised at how stoked his partner got when she opened it. I knew she’d at least be down for the assembling and painting, but apparently they have a friend that plays and she’s excited to be able to play with him now :3:

So now knowing they’re both excited for it I said gently caress it and put aside my dumb analysis paralysis of what army to get because there’s like 5 that I think all look equally cool but also have things I don’t like. I’m going with AdMechs and just ordered myself an Elimination Maniple box, and will probably get the (current) Combat Patrol and Boarding Patrol as well.

And thanks to this thread, I am now considering painting their cloaks as western style dusters

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Gonna start up a daemons army, probably Khorne.
Anyone seen or painted any cool Khorne schemes for inspiration?

I tend to always do a different scheme than normal but I do like the classic Khorne look. Atm I'm leaning towards lots of dark oils and black and gold armour

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If I ever do them, I want to stick with original War Hounds colors and iconography

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Professor Shark posted:

If I ever do them, I want to stick with original War Hounds colors and iconography

I had the thought of dark blue, almost black Khorne Daemons to tie into a late-Heresy World Eaters force.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

isn't their original color scheme just primer grey and their logo a wolf rampant? i think that would just look like very bland space wolves

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Cease to Hope posted:

isn't their original color scheme just primer grey and their logo a wolf rampant? i think that would just look like very bland space wolves

nah, it's the familiar pre heresy world eaters colours but switched around so it's mostly the blue with white accents.

there's one england painting for the old TCG that has kharn and some world eaters in grey but that idea didn't stick past that really

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh just noticed that all the allarus have the double ended pommel.

Yeah one of the new models teased is definitely a terminator custodes.

Possibly a character since allarus and praetors are missing named characters you can attach to them. The armor looks like horus heresy armor though with that eagle silhouette.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

It bothers me that custodes models are so tiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Demilich posted:

It bothers me that custodes models are so tiny

wut