Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Paladinus posted:

What makes people be like that? I imagine they lead normal lives by day but by night go absolutely mental in one specific Whatsapp group as a hobby.

You're asking that question on Something Awful's meta discussion thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
But also lmao at Pepsi Cola

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Paladinus posted:

What makes people be like that? I imagine they lead normal lives by day but by night go absolutely mental in one specific Whatsapp group as a hobby.

It’s pretty normal for something like a retirement community’s level of drama. Growing up I remember things like groups of old people working themselves up and organizing to illegally cut down specific trees in other peoples sites. Or thinking they could buyout the trailer park owners with laughably small sums of money. Or trying ban all Canadians (to oppose the Canadian snowbirds that had their own agenda).

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol remembered the goon whose dad found out they were gay and to try and fix it they taught them woodworking to make them straight and the end result was that they were still gay but could now build a bitching birdhouse

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol remembered the goon whose dad found out they were gay and to try and fix it they taught them woodworking to make them straight and the end result was that they were still gay but could now build a bitching birdhouse

His dad should have taught him electrical work

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

His dad should have taught him electrical work

the fag electric

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

teach a man to work wood and he will be gay for a day, teach a man to woodwork and he will be gay for the rest of his life

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

thank you Rhino for sharing the saga of the tree

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
my dad didn't like the route I was headed down (sensitive and gay) from an early age so kept buying me manly things like tools. I just played with the tools like they were toys and the different screwdrivers had various elemental powers

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
2005 GBS one for you: Leave your door open.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Nice 🎄 Christmas tree, good job. 👍🏻👌🏻, merry Christmas feel, , Christmas is coming soon,😊🎄🎉🥳👏🏻.that’s good .!!!! I am not Christine, 但是每到12月, 会看到小区, shopping mall, 等各种圣诞装饰, 听到圣诞歌的音乐,感受浓浓的节日气氛。that’s very happy feeling, 华人农历新年, 马来人开斋节, 印度人新年也一样,that’s good.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A small update: Someone in the chatgroup is selling their stuff and this is one of the items that somehow can't find a forever home

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A small update: Someone in the chatgroup is selling their stuff and this is one of the items that somehow can't find a forever home

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

A beach volleyball enthusiast

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

pentyne posted:

There was a time for a while where not using shampoo was a really popular internet trend.

It was mostly that people used tons of cheap commercial hygiene products that damaged their hair/skin and the solution being "stop using soap" took off a lot quicker then "use better quality stuff and moisturize"

my sister tried to do this and it just made her hair look like poo poo for two years lol

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Simultaneously standing upright and bending over your rear end is an amazing perspective trick

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
knobbly elbows, 3.5/10

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
damb, lunacid is good

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I'll pay :10bux: for it, not including shipping. Would be a good prank gift for next year's goon secret santas.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

$15 over here. I err also really like pranks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's also the Museum of Bad Art. They might be interested.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

is that mrs. pepsi cola?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's also the Museum of Bad Art. They might be interested.

i think he should just let his neighbor throw it in the trash

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

is that mrs. pepsi cola?

lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That looks like it would be a solid 4 points in a Taskmaster prize task.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

symbolic posted:

a woodworking grandpa youtube channel would kick rear end

oh my friend this is like half of youtube. the woodworking grandpas are way better than the woodworking dads

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

just watch paul sellers cut some dovetails

https://youtu.be/OCYjoj6cfno?feature=shared

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Pentaro posted:

Nice 🎄 Christmas tree, good job. 👍🏻👌🏻, merry Christmas feel, , Christmas is coming soon,😊🎄🎉🥳👏🏻.that’s good .!!!! I am not Christine, 但是每到12月, 会看到小区, shopping mall, 等各种圣诞装饰, 听到圣诞歌的音乐,感受浓浓的节日气氛。that’s very happy feeling, 华人农历新年, 马来人开斋节, 印度人新年也一样,that’s good.

Christine posted:

RESPECT MY REPUTATION

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
that car didn't murder those people to be mistaken for a tree lover

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

more falafel please posted:

oh my friend this is like half of youtube. the woodworking grandpas are way better than the woodworking dads

Truth

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

damb, lunacid is good

running through a forest and getting dumped in a tomb of invisible alien fungi owns

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
those people read The King in Yellow

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Veev posted:

10 year tree contract.

dental plan

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Big "we demand to be taken seriously" vibes from the solitaire

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

lobby needs vases

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I usually don't like modern art, but for some reason this speaks to me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's impressive how much they managed to gently caress up the football, considering it's clearly based on a photo.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

symbolic posted:

teach a man to work wood and he will be gay for a day, teach a man to woodwork and he will be gay for the rest of his life

correct.