Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Why didn't the scientist who went and placed the classified ad just... not go home? As we've seen the robits weren't very good at figuring out where people are unless the target had a home address or were in prison.

Edit:

Humanoid: We will never find our target, Myra, it is impos-
Myra: Holy poo poo he really did gently caress off and come home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MorningMoon posted:

they created a bastard that can no-sell weapon spots, my god...
These seem to be the last strips where Destructo talked at all. I kinda wonder if they forgot he's supposed to just be a (heavily experimented on) guy and not actually incapable of speech.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Haifisch posted:

These seem to be the last strips where Destructo talked at all. I kinda wonder if they forgot he's supposed to just be a (heavily experimented on) guy and not actually incapable of speech.

Both here and in the Humanoid arc, I can only assume that they figure readers will have long thrown away the older papers and just chalk it up to "huh maybe I'm misremembering"

Also, that's your ambition, lady? To be the agent / owner of the top star of wrestling? The guy is inhumanly strong, have him just walk through an armored truck wearing a silly disguise, and pick up some sacks with dollar signs on them as he comes out the other side.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I mean, he's a strongman who didn't notice some stuffy old guy hit him with a metal rod and can lift a few hundred pounds easily. He's strong and all, but he doesn't strike me as a supervillain level guy, just some juiced up dude who's terrorizing a couple normal-strength pro wrestlers.

But I guess we'll never know

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
WHAT

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The end! No moral.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:psyduck:

Why was the scientist so scared? He could have just checked into a hotel under the name "Mr. Fakename" and waited 5 minutes for a searching Myra and the Humanoid to comically fall down a manhole cover and get eaten by a sewer gator.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 27, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

loving screaming irl at work

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MorningMoon posted:

so, i'm trying to parse this and read it quick
Scientist puts an ad for Spider-man to help him with the robots he was keeping in chains
Spider-man decides to check it out; arrives just as the scientist is being murdered by the male robot that is intent on being superior and so nobody knows he's a robot.
Myra accuses Spidey of murder
Peter Parker enters the room later, says he's there on Bugle business. Myra leads him elsewhere and feeds him the story about the male robot being evil and needing to be stopped.
Male Robot "kidnaps" Myra.
Spider-man goes to jail.
Male Robot pays the loving bail and loses the plot as he tries to kill Spider-man, but at least keeps the bit about not revealing Myra.
Spider-man rescues Myra and kills the robot, during this whole thing Myra is literally in Spidey's arm and watches him kill her "mate".
May 18 and 19 are missing, but then Myra contacts Peter, hoping he'll contact Spider-man, hoping Spider-man go straight to her home(? the lab maybe?) so she can fight him directly.
And then Myra threatens to kill Spidey, launches herself into him and falls off a high floor window

Captain Hygiene posted:

The end! No moral.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR I MAKE A DIME SO I POST SPIDEY COMICS ON COMPANY TIME

Took me a bit but I've copied every last strip missing from the end of the robots arc. Myra will prove herself superior with the added context

:negative: even worse!!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So it was a ruse. But that just opens up a whole slew of new problems!

Oh Well! Either way, unfortunately placed window has managed to tie up our loose ends once again!

Captain Hygiene posted:

The end! No moral.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Unfortunately the robots were never programmed to know what windows are.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The end! No moral.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Once again windows causes a fatal crash

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Tunicate posted:

Once again windows causes a fatal crash

:hmmyes:

I feel like they painted themselves into a corner and then decided "uh gently caress it, she dives out a window, the end"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It isn't just the bit at the end though. The villains have been pretty much carrying Spidey this entire arc. Pete would still be scratching his head in the professor's lab if Myra hadn't just walked up and told him almost everything. Not to mention that Spider-Man would still be behind bars if the Humanoid hadn't payed his bail.

I don't think that we have ever had a story where the villains have worked this hard to serve themselves up on a platter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Love u aunt may :allears:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Aunt May cheering on Destructo even though he almost killed Boris, a man who came to her house and ate at her table, just because he is fighting someone wearing a Spider-Man costume.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Die! Die for my entertainment, Kid Spider-Man!"
--May Parker

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

Aunt May cheering on Destructo even though he almost killed Boris, a man who came to her house and ate at her table, just because he is fighting someone wearing a Spider-Man costume.

she probably assumed it was fake, like any normal person

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm back! Loved the end to that Humanoid story!

Anyways I'm posting a week of strips just because.

Cool sunglasses man

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hey! That monster stole Banner's pants!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

that goon with the bandana is such a style god :allears:

I've been screenshotting some more strips since I only had until the early part of the arc after the wrestling one, and oh boy the future is zany, but above all, I'm really convinced that "Stan Lee" from Haifich's era of the very start of the strip wrote up to the wedding and called it there, so '77 to '86. This wrestling arc is fairly different to those robots, July to April is one of hte longest arcs we've ever had and it's still got places to go, and there's a few references to what happens after the wedding months after this arc and but nothing really from before it like the bonds guy or the diamond sperm or MJ's uncle. Roy Thomas taking over in '00 has me convinced there were 3 total writers in the 42 years of this strip, Second Writer and Roy not necessarily feeling the need to brush up on who Spidey had met before.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

something something Binary Domain

gently caress HIM UP SPIDEY gently caress HIM UP

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
So if the manager admits Destructo is just straight-up murdering his star wrestlers in the ring, why is he still letting him wrestle? Even on the off chance the crowd is eating this up, sooner or later you're going to run out of wrestlers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hey man, he just pays them, books the shows and promotes the show, everything else is up to god

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Dude doesn't give a poo poo, he doesn't even make sure security knows who's coming in to wrestle that night.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

2003, the year of these strips, is in fact when Dumb and Dumberer came out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter... you don't have to make vague allusions to Boris, they know him and what Destructo did to him, if anything they should already be fully aware and understanding about your motivations!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Peter... you don't have to make vague allusions to Boris, they know him and what Destructo did to him, if anything they should already be fully aware and understanding about your motivations!

:spidey: but then he might figure out kid spiderman is peter parker

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

3 falls to a finish, motherfuckers are gonna go broadway. Peter needs to kick him in the balls for some of these pins

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
You know you can bend bars like that, too, Peter? I don't actually think he's stronger than you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a bunch of people know who kid spiderman is. demonstrating that he has superhuman strength really would reveal his identity.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a bunch of people know who kid spiderman is. demonstrating that he has superhuman strength really would reveal his identity.
Yeah there's no reason they would already think Peter Parker who dresses in a Spider-Man costume and performs fantastic acrobatic feats could be the real Spider-Man. It's the strength thing. His plan is flawless, just as Destructo's master's is to take over the world through semi-pro wrestling.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Well, someone needs to remind him. He's clearly forgotten, and MJ is over at Aunt May's.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I was expecting him to fake a switcheroo with the real spiderman by webbing himself up after the fight or something but he just waltzed up to his boss promoter without his mask on so I guess he's out of fucks to give

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"oh right, i have super powers lol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender