Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

C-Euro posted:

The only dynasty I support is the Lions dynasty that's taking root as we speak. Feel free to quote this post the first time I complain about Dan Campbell in next season's coaching thread.

Quoting to save this but it won't be needed because the Lions are winning the next 3 Superbowls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

The only dynasty I support is the Lions dynasty that's taking root as we speak. Feel free to quote this post the first time I complain about Dan Campbell in next season's coaching thread.

He just won the North, not only do I think his seat's cold for another two years minimum even if he lost out that whole period, I think a statue's planned (and deserved)

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1739104949353476202?s=20

This ruled

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Maybe I'm a wet blanket but we gotta pump the brakes on that, you don't get a statue for one division title even if it's your team's first in three decades

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I experience a sensible chuckle every time I read the thread title.

Thank you goon, whoever posted that funny post.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I experience a sensible chuckle every time I read the thread title.

Thank you goon, whoever posted that funny post.

:smuggo:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the best part about Brady/Bellicheck was that they were ideal villains and no one could deny it outside of Pats fans

Brady going to Tampa was the most obnoxious part of his career because people suddenly thought he was worth casually cheering for

and now Bellicheck is just a disappointing also-ran villain with no teeth at all

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mega64 posted:

My issue is not with Swift but the weird ways the television crews focus on her. The Nick broadcast had a literal Taylor cam that showed her in the corner during entire plays, and it felt almost creepy how much they focused on her simply watching a football game. Let her just enjoy the drat game.

Yeah, the tv coverage of her has been very weird and a little creepy, especially early on. I still can't get over her hanging out with Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman at one game and the entire tv production not saying anything about them being there even when they were talking to Swift on screen and would only talk about her

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The337th posted:

the best part about Brady/Bellicheck was that they were ideal villains and no one could deny it outside of Pats fans

Brady going to Tampa was the most obnoxious part of his career because people suddenly thought he was worth casually cheering for

and now Bellicheck is just a disappointing also-ran villain with no teeth at all

I don't think Pats fans denied it, they embraced it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodoze posted:

Tom Brady did awesome things to win games all the time. You guys cant appreciate the art of a finely tuned machine doing it's thing

which of brady's unforgettable 30 yard drives to set up a game winning 50 yard field goal were your favorites?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

U hate us 'cuz u ain't us

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kalli posted:

Yup

like no retort. Straight up hated the Patriots. And forever will. I rolled my eyes over when the Patriots got into the Superbowl.

So it was sweet when they didn't win and lost, the few times it happened.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 28, 2023

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

28-3 was the worst case of blue balls ever

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

It cemented Brady as the GOAT.

Brady rules

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I feel like Belichick is annoyed at the amount of credit Brady gets and he secretly harbors a desire to win a SB with a team consisting strictly of former walk-ons from Rutgers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

which of brady's unforgettable 30 yard drives to set up a game winning 50 yard field goal were your favorites?

I think a lot of Patriots fans would say this one:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

haljordan posted:

I feel like Belichick is annoyed at the amount of credit Brady gets and he secretly harbors a desire to win a SB with a team consisting strictly of former walk-ons from Rutgers.

Secretly?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Raku posted:

Secretly?

Alright maybe blatantly.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

Speak for yourself, that was a dream come true.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

A bad team with a bad QB and a dead end head coach? We’re definitely you now, buddy.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

It cemented Brady as the GOAT.

Brady rules

If we're being honest here, the Falcons lost that game more than the Patriots won though.

I work with a guy who actually said "I hate Belichick, he's such a terrible coach, can't wait until he's gone" and "The entire organization is trash" a couple weeks ago so gently caress the fans too, I hope they have a thousand years of darkness and misery.

Why yes, I do get triggered by any mention of the Patriots

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
28-3 and Kyle was the OC of the Falcons wasn't he?

Explains alot why he cannot win the big one. :v:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Unless you’re an actual Chiefs fan, rooting for a Chiefs dynasty seems pretty dumb to me. Like, I can see rooting for them over a division rival but otherwise I want all dynasties to crash and burn.

Have teams that haven’t won in decades win instead. Except the Dolphins or Bills.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
As a Chiefs fan, I am rooting for wins and trophies.

But there is one thing almost all of us can agree on, gently caress the Cowboys.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Watching Mahomes is fun. Watching Brady was dreadful. Boring rear end drives nickle and diming you to death with all the technically correct decisions. Sure, we get tired of anybody (except the Ravens) winning too much, but Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid just having fun out there is a shitload better to be subjected to than the pre-mortem hagiography of a bland douche bag we saw in New England.

That said, all the crying this year has been a heel turn, so I'm pretty pleased with their downfall. Let's hope it lasts through the playoffs.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Yeah Dynasties are good villians in the short term but I'd always rather see new blood rise to the top after a few years instead of watching the same thing every year. That was the worst part about Brady's reign and why I never want to see anyone genuinely challenge him for GOAT status, it got so boring after a decade to see the Patriots at the top every single year going to every other super bowl and AFCCG

Well oiled machines are admirable and respectable but not very interesting to watch after a short time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Watching Mahomes is fun.

No it is loving not

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

No it is loving not

Come on Ross. Yes it is. Herbert and Mahomes slinging it all over at every insane angle imaginable is fun.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I think about this article a lot when it comes to Pat's fans
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/01/10/boo-hoo-patriots-fans-tired-of-attending-playoff-games

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

brady slanged the ball nicely and in a fun way for like 10 years of his career. 8 years if you really hate him and can't cede any ground. that's still less than half of his career but it's much more than can be said about 99% of QBs

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also while Mahomes is undoubtedly annoying let's not forget Josh Allen taking La Liga level dives whenever he is brushed by a defender

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

Also while Mahomes is undoubtedly annoying let's not forget Josh Allen taking La Liga level dives whenever he is brushed by a defender

I feel like 90% of QBs do this.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Allen more than most. Actually, Lamar basically never does this, and he probably should.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Allen more than most. Actually, Lamar basically never does this, and he probably should.

Herbert doesn't either and it's annoying. I miss Philip Rivers

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I was never a huge fan of the Patriots because of them beating the Panthers but I was always just super impressed at the consistency in what they could do. Just never out of any game, never out of any playoff push, always right in there, always executing, always peaking at the right time, for a over a decade. It's just an incredible achievement in the modern NFL.

Never found it boring either, but I get it too, there's a lot of people that didn't like Floyd Mayweather for his style but it was an undeniably great career.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like when joe burrow slides and gets hit a little bit almost right when he started the slide and tries to sell it like a horrific act. he'll never play again

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Watching Mahomes is fun. Watching Brady was dreadful.
You can still appreciate watching Mahomes play QB while losing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The only time it gets me is when a dynasty team pulls the underdog card or the “no one believed in us” line. They should be more arrogant and play up being the current villains

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bobjr posted:

The only time it gets me is when a dynasty team pulls the underdog card or the “no one believed in us” line. They should be more arrogant and play up being the current villains

Georgia doing it last year was hilarious

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Allen absolutely dives more than any football player I've ever seen. It's his passive QB power, like Mahomes's ability to conjure up ticky tack defensive holding calls or Brady's complete immunity to intentional grounding penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

fsif posted:

Allen absolutely dives more than any football player I've ever seen. It's his passive QB power, like Mahomes's ability to conjure up ticky tack defensive holding calls or Brady's complete immunity to intentional grounding penalties.

He also trucks more defenders than any other QB so he gets a pass