Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is insane reading about quarterback flags when it is apparently legal for defenders to do a macho man style elbow drop on justin fields's head every time he slides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah but Justin fields sucks so it’s fine.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is insane reading about quarterback flags when it is apparently legal for defenders to do a macho man style elbow drop on justin fields's head every time he slides.

He did headbutt a Lions defender in the dick that one time tho

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

He did headbutt a Lions defender in the dick that one time tho

THE LIONS DEFENDER HIT HIM IN THE HEAD WITH HIS PENIS!!!!!!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That should've counted as a sack.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ah, the Cam Newton Experience.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chris James 2 posted:

He just won the North, not only do I think his seat's cold for another two years minimum even if he lost out that whole period, I think a statue's planned (and deserved)

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1739104949353476202?s=20

This ruled

Oh no question he's bought a couple years of job security, but show me a sports fan with a memory better than a goldfish and I'll show you a liar.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

you had a lions fan wanting to fire him on this very forum like 3 weeks ago lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean their defense is really bad but luckily their end of the season schedule is pretty easy

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Has anyone said fire Saleh in this thread?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There's not a coach in the NFL whose firing hasn't been called for several times in this thread.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Saleh is IMO the second worst coach in the NFL who remains employed after riverboat Ron.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Darth Brooks posted:

There's not a coach in the NFL whose firing hasn't been called for several times in this thread.

Stefanski was getting called several times by goons.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Flikken posted:

Stefanski was getting called several times by goons.

It happened constantly! Even in the 2020 year! And this year! Just wild stuff.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

It happened constantly! Even in the 2020 year! And this year! Just wild stuff.

Is it you or wilderthanmild that just loving hates Stefanski. I can't remember.

11 WINS TWICE IN 4 YEARS!!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is me the hater. Stefanski had terminal galaxy brain that got exposed hard in 21. The hell he did to get over it this year I have no idea. Haven't watched.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Stefanski had terminal galaxy brain that got exposed hard in 21. The hell he did to get over it this year I have no idea. Haven't watched.

Oh poo poo it was you.

Sorry wilderthanmild

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Darth Brooks posted:

I Was Correct

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

i think the jets had like 7? poo poo procedural penalties on offense.

Just.. bad. bad team. bad offense. bad.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is me the hater. Stefanski had terminal galaxy brain that got exposed hard in 21. The hell he did to get over it this year I have no idea. Haven't watched.

having an insanely stacked defense playing at a historical level goes a long way to solving his dumb brain genius issues.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

having an insanely stacked defense playing at a historical level goes a long way to solving his dumb brain genius issues.

he has kept an offense running despite losing his starting qb and his best offensive player.

Like the differnece between the browns & the jets is pretty stark. They both have good defenses and shakey offensive lines and lost their quarterbacks.

Not sure how much more stark the difference in coaching could be here. Stefanski might have his problems but he's done real good.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It feels like Saleh checked out the same time Aaron's leg exploded.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingslayer posted:

It feels like Saleh checked out the same time Aaron's leg exploded.

They were allowed to completely punt on the season after 4 plays. The team is acting like nothing that happened after that play counts.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Flikken posted:

Oh poo poo it was you.

Sorry wilderthanmild

Haha I was gonna say, I've always liked Stefanski and that it was Ches who hates him.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

Is it you or wilderthanmild that just loving hates Stefanski. I can't remember.

11 WINS TWICE IN 4 YEARS!!

I like Stefanski but I was convinced Haslam was going to fire him last year despite being the best coach we've had since '99, which is probably what got my name in there.

I do sometimes complain about his play calling, but I think pretty much all Browns fans get frustrated when he gets too cute with it.

Edit: there was some GDT earlier this year where the Browns were either in primetime or just widely featured where a few non Browns fans goons were like "Oh this is the play calling they complain about" when we were like running trick plays and passing every down when we desperately needed to burn clock.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 29, 2023

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

This season rules because Watson got hurt and Flacco is playing better than he ever did. And now it's clear if they struggle next year, it's all on Watson. I hope Stefanski survives the eventual Watson flame out. I doubt it, but I can hope.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Woozie66 posted:

This season rules because Watson got hurt and Flacco is playing better than he ever did. And now it's clear if they struggle next year, it's all on Watson. I hope Stefanski survives the eventual Watson flame out. I doubt it, but I can hope.

After this year he'll survive I think. He really has a really good staff too. Compare his staff to Saleh's. Jets and Browns talent levels are comperable. Coaching is as big a gap as you can possibly have.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I spent all year thinking the Jets coaching staff is not only safe but Good and honestly this entire season also featured backup and third string qbs with teams like the Browns adapting and still winning. So, idk about Saleh in particular but I think the Jets GM has to go at minimum

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Woozie66 posted:

My galaxy brained take was that Watson would come back late last year, suck rear end(which he did), and Haslam would fire Stefanski as cover. Or possibly before Watson even came back if we weren't in the playoff hunt when Watson came back.

It was galaxy brained but I was pretty convinced of it because Haslam is dumb, but apparently not THAT dumb at least.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

My galaxy brained take was that Watson would come back late last year, suck rear end, and Haslam would fire Stefanski as cover. Or possibly before Watson even came back if we weren't in the playoff hunt when Watson came back.

It was galaxy brained but I was pretty convinced of it because Haslam is dumb, but apparently not THAT dumb at least.

I totally think that would've happened this year if Watson stayed healthy. But now there's proof that Stefanski is super solid, and is almost certainly more valuable than Watson.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Master Stur posted:

I spent all year thinking the Jets coaching staff is not only safe but Good and honestly this entire season also featured backup and third string qbs with teams like the Browns adapting and still winning. So, idk about Saleh in particular but I think the Jets GM has to go at minimum

I don’t know what you could possibly see in the jets coaching staff to ever think they were good. They never win any games or score any points.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

mcmagic posted:

I don’t know what you could possibly see in the jets coaching staff to ever think they were good. They never win any games or score any points.

They won games with ZW and I only see them on Redzone otherwise

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Master Stur posted:

They won games with ZW and I only see them on Redzone otherwise

They have been in the red zone like 5 times all season.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

mcmagic posted:

They have been in the red zone like 5 times all season.

Fair lol. I am just over-valuating them for winning with ZW and Im partial to giving Saleh a pass assuming the GM is controlling the QB situation. But at some point half your conference is winning games with QBs who lived on their coach just three weeks ago and the Jets aint one of em so yeeeaaaahhhh.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/DMurph_BrownsPR/status/1740616650590658612?t=ZdCosE--MMkBM33Um0ZvPg&s=19

We have a grim history, but he is doing his part to fix it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

adaz posted:

he has kept an offense running despite losing his starting qb and his best offensive player.

Like the differnece between the browns & the jets is pretty stark. They both have good defenses and shakey offensive lines and lost their quarterbacks.

Not sure how much more stark the difference in coaching could be here. Stefanski might have his problems but he's done real good.

oh yea he's definitely kept the offense alive just enough until Flacco to win games. and couldn't agree more that the dude's head and shoulders better than the jets but that's the lowest possible bar lol.

i do think the browns o-line has been shockingly good even with some injuries. watching the decent o-line block for what is the weirdest hodge podge of gadget and trick plays stefanski's been running has been fascinating. up until Flacco showed up this was the most cobbled together poo poo but he was still doing creative poo poo to keep the offense moving, similar to what the Vikings have been doing.

that'll be the end of the nice things i have to say about the browns, everything and everyone who's been in a position of power during the watson trade is forever marred and deserves nothing but scorn. i am happy for flacco and that's it. gently caress the gm, gently caress the coach, gently caress the owner, and gently caress any fans who supported the watson trade

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

everything and everyone who's been in a position of power during the watson trade is forever marred and deserves nothing but scorn. i am happy for flacco and that's it. gently caress the gm, gently caress the coach, gently caress the owner, and gently caress any fans who supported the watson trade

Ya know. This.

I want to enjoy this run they're having but they make sure to cut to Watson sitting on the sidelines and its like, "Oh yeah, he's benefiting from all of this... gently caress."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nobody remembers or cares about Wentz getting a ring, Foles got all the glory for that. If anything, Flacco earning another ring would show the Browns won despite Watson, not with his help, and that can't be good for his ego since most NFL fans already see him as an albatross and a bust.

Granted, Haslam getting a ring would be bullshit as the team succeeds despite his meddling, but most owners are trash anyway.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Mahomes doesn't understand yet that the NFL must always have a villain. But he's learning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Browns aren't going to win the Super Bowl.