Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The most accurate non top 5 quarterback of 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Like, to Dak's credit he's not the biggest problem with the team this year. He's got that, at least. The offensive line, fuckhead coaching on the road, and a defense with one neat trick you can use to drop their pants in public are by far the biggest problems this year.

But what that means is that Dak being the best boy at throwing a ball when the wind blows from the northwest at 2:25pm (mountain time only), doesn't mean a goddang hill of beans. I mean it wouldn't anyway but if they were a better team then yeah you could giggle at novelty stats as the cherry on top

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

our defense is fraudulent and undersized, micah parsons washes out in december every year, the decision making at the coaching level on the road is stupid as gently caress. dak's really loving good this year but can't overcome boneheaded playcalling and scheming on the road. fat mike is back on my poo poo list. dan quinn's defense is scrubbeater tier. we usually run cover 1 but can't do that poo poo against teams like miami, who are just plain faster than us. then you get buffalo, who overpowers our small defense and just rams the ball down our gut. our defense and coaching are our problems right now

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 28, 2023

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

biceps crimes posted:

boneheaded playcalling and scheming on the road

I am convinced that on the road they have far less pre snap motion and do not allow Dak to check out of a play based on look, because Fat Mike is afraid the crowd noise will cause more
Penalties.

It was a month or so ago in an interview to questions about those things, where Fat Mike claimed that motion and other pre-snap responsibilities create opportunities for mistakes

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

it also creates a stale and predictable offense that can't move the loving ball. im so mad at fat mike

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Micah Parsons has only disappeared in that refs refuse to throw flags when he's held.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Micah Parsons has only disappeared in that refs refuse to throw flags when he's held.

It has been 60+ days since Micah got a holding penalty I'm not exaggerating

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I watch him get tackled with the most blatant holds and the refs just turn a blind eye.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i mean that's true of basically every elite pass rusher, it loving sucks and he should at least get SOME calls but reffing across the league is broken in this particular way (see also: half the RTs in the league, including lane johnson, false starting every single down)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toaster Beef posted:

i mean that's true of basically every elite pass rusher, it loving sucks and he should at least get SOME calls but reffing across the league is broken in this particular way (see also: half the RTs in the league, including lane johnson, false starting every single down)

death to refs, put it on my goddamn gravestone I will never walk this take back

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think the refereea are a vital part of any nfl game to be honest

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If Micah doesn’t want to be held perhaps he should eschew hands

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder if the eagles could get Flacco

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

euphronius posted:

Again?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

I am convinced that on the road they have far less pre snap motion and do not allow Dak to check out of a play based on look, because Fat Mike is afraid the crowd noise will cause more
Penalties.

It was a month or so ago in an interview to questions about those things, where Fat Mike claimed that motion and other pre-snap responsibilities create opportunities for mistakes

I've tried to look into this since you posted it the first time and can't find anything to back it up. Surely you of all people have a deep dive somewhere?

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

euphronius posted:

joe is vulnerable to wearing green. put him in a green jersey and he's arse. like making green lantern wear yellow.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

I've tried to look into this since you posted it the first time and can't find anything to back it up. Surely you of all people have a deep dive somewhere?

ESPN Stats and Info tracks it, but they don't publish it :(

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1740734672747786538?t=J_c1cwsSgRqcFvL28bx59A&s=19

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Friendship Ended with Dak/Small Running Back is New Best Friend

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the domeboys better beat the lions at home, or else

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Can they withstand the combined forces of gently caress the Cowboys and Lions, Bitch? Doubtful.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

biceps crimes posted:

they shall

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

biceps crimes posted:

I'm predicting a bloodletting

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1740793903392182621?s=46

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

indigi posted:

they shall

blarzgh posted:

I'm predicting a bloodletting

I'm predicting a morale boosting dome victory over the Lions, a W over the commies, and then our season ends in the swamps of Tampa Bay

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is a couple years old now but the victim’s mother is filing a civil suit. They’ll probably settle for whatever she wants, no way any of them will win in a trial. Jamin Davis and Bejamin St Juste still play on the team. Everett was cut immediately and is likely blackballed from the league forever I would imagine.

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/202...21-fatal-crash/

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://imgur.com/a/YQdeL5X

Its passing plus rushing TDs : fumbles plus interceptions

Dak is 32:9, btw

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 30, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That includes “””passing touchdowns””” I assume

Edit

Here

euphronius fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 30, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And how many of them has the Dallas defense lost to

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Passing TDs are not real so the utility of that numerical expression eludes me

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh poo poo the Lions-Cowboys game is tonight, I didn’t realize that.

Time to start drinking

:negative:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cowboys winning keeps the eagles in the 1st seed race right ?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

im feeling this one tonight, replace the bird with a star (and also we may not win)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

euphronius posted:

Cowboys winning keeps the eagles in the 1st seed race right ?
Lions are extremely but not entirely irrelevant to that race. SF wins out, it’s theirs. SF goes 1-1, Eagles take it by winning out. SF loses out, Eagles need at least one win.

Lions can only play spoiler if SF loses out, Eagles go 1-1, Lions win out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If your not rooting for a Lions/Browns Super Bowl you might literally be Hitler.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

biceps crimes posted:

im feeling this one tonight, replace the bird with a star (and also we may not win)

i would be shocked if the cowboys do anything other than beat the lions into dogshit tonight

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

davecrazy posted:

If your not rooting for a Lions/Browns Super Bowl you might literally be Hitler.

Browns have made it extremely easy to root against them recently, actually

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Shinjobi posted:

Browns have made it extremely easy to root against them recently, actually
no, that was... gently caress, when'd they sign Watson, this year? last year? then.

Joe Flacco is cool though, and elite

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Toaster Beef posted:

i would be shocked if the cowboys do anything other than beat the lions into dogshit tonight

Probably, but we can always hope for Clownball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CapnAndy posted:

no, that was... gently caress, when'd they sign Watson, this year? last year? then.

Joe Flacco is cool though, and elite

Seriously, they committed one gently caress up and despite everything else the team is doing and how cool it would be otherwise, I'm sticking to my guns.

Could have been any team that signed Watson, but it ended up being the Browns. gently caress em.