Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

It's mysterious why they desire money if it isn't furthering their goals. Hillary famously outspent Trump 2:1 and Jeb! of course spent $50m per delegate. The TAL piece seemed to measure a party's success by dollars raised, full stop. Even as the party chair explained that the appropriate metrics might be seats held, won, or converted, by policies passed, or even, perhaps, by actual votes, the entire focus was on fundraising alone and despite the party chair being an absolute kook by any reasonable standard, I can't fault her logic on this.

The money goes to the various ad companies their friends and children work at (or might work at in the future).

It's basically an incestuous ecosystem of organizations. I pay a huge amount of money to some ad agency my friend runs, he hires my failson/faildaughter, I give an internship to my friend's failson/faildaughter, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ytlaya posted:

The money goes to the various ad companies their friends and children work at (or might work at in the future).

It's basically an incestuous ecosystem of organizations. I pay a huge amount of money to some ad agency my friend runs, he hires my failson/faildaughter, I give an internship to my friend's failson/faildaughter, etc.

I've said before that the entire campaigning system seems basically optimised at this point to suck up a near infinite amount of donation money. On top of all the more blatant grift, much like everything else under neoliberal rot, it's gotten to the point where parasites outweigh the mass of the host and it no longer allocates sufficient resources to actually serving its purpose anymore.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

They've already exhausted all of their threats years ago. "If Republicans do _____ we will RIOT!" followed by Republicans doing just that and no rioting. All they'll do is blame progressives and talk about how maybe we need more tolerance for open fascism /genocide in the big tent.

I think my favorite is people shouting "I'll die under Trump," and going into histrionic rants about how the second he's in office, Republicans will give the cops permission to perform a Kristallnacht event, seizing people from their homes en masse, when it clearly never happened during the first four years Trump was President.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All I'm saying is if the only thing keeping someone "alive" is their privileged status under the lesser evil, they should check that privilege before they start browbeating people who are upset about how they or their families are dying as long as either evil wins over good. Is it any wonder why people who are affected by the Palestine war are sick and tired of blue no matter who bullshit?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Joe Biden: America needs a strong Republican Party.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

super sweet best pal posted:

I think my favorite is people shouting "I'll die under Trump," and going into histrionic rants about how the second he's in office, Republicans will give the cops permission to perform a Kristallnacht event, seizing people from their homes en masse, when it clearly never happened during the first four years Trump was President.

These same people were definitely getting mealy-mouthed at best about riots during the Floyd response.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SixteenShells posted:

it's all so... self-defeating too. if you alienate your base because you don't want to scare off donors, then what are you using the donation money for? theoretically you need that money to convince people to vote for you. but you pissed them all off to get it.

The party fundraising apparatus lives and dies on its recurring small-dollar donors in large part because "small dollar donors" has become the brand of VBNMW world. The party has positioned itself through a constant barrage of multichannel messaging that promotes it, above all else, as the party of the little guys because the other guys openly take big money bribes!

This positioning works extremely well for the Democrats: by leaning on the same psychologically manipulative tricks that nonprofits use to get individual donors, the party manufactures its own lower average donation value, which further validates the "we're the small guy party" messaging and empowering the "we NEED your monthly contribution" appeals - and that's what the private ecosystem of campaign management software (see: Bonterra/NGP VAN) really like to see because more donors (monthly or otherwise) means more Households means more software licensing to sell, and every donation results in a merchant fee that Bonterra and Stripe both get to take a portion of for every transaction and there's just one of the myriad ways the party serves capital while messaging the exact opposite.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

The party fundraising apparatus lives and dies on its recurring small-dollar donors in large part because "small dollar donors" has become the brand of VBNMW world. The party has positioned itself through a constant barrage of multichannel messaging that promotes it, above all else, as the party of the little guys because the other guys openly take big money bribes!

This positioning works extremely well for the Democrats: by leaning on the same psychologically manipulative tricks that nonprofits use to get individual donors, the party manufactures its own lower average donation value, which further validates the "we're the small guy party" messaging and empowering the "we NEED your monthly contribution" appeals - and that's what the private ecosystem of campaign management software (see: Bonterra/NGP VAN) really like to see because more donors (monthly or otherwise) means more Households means more software licensing to sell, and every donation results in a merchant fee that Bonterra and Stripe both get to take a portion of for every transaction and there's just one of the myriad ways the party serves capital while messaging the exact opposite.

sounds highly cybernetic :nsa:

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

super sweet best pal posted:

My favorite is the people threatening that YOU will die in camps, implying that they won't because they will turn you and anyone even slightly left in to Trump's secret police because you won't vote for Biden

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Tars Tarkas posted:

My favorite is the people threatening that YOU will die in camps, implying that they won't because they will turn you and anyone even slightly left in to Trump's secret police because you won't vote for Biden

I hear this a lot from dems and I always assumed the implication is that trump will start rounding up the poors and non whites while the scolding dem sits on the sidelines, somehow spared from this, passively saying to themselves "Serves them right for not voting Biden :smug:"

Actually getting involved and turning people in seems too proactive for that lot.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

all I know is that trump was in office for four years and we had legalized abortion. joe biden was in office for just two before that went down the tubes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, liberals have historically loved reporting people to the secret police.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

see also George Orwell

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Actually getting involved and turning people in seems too proactive for that lot.
related to this, I'm still at zero vote scolds who have/will volunteered for Biden's campaign when I told them to do that instead of yelling on social media

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

poo poo, anyone that's had to deal with an HOA full of middle-class libs knows that

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

the rules are the rules

we may not like them, but we do have to follow them until they're legally changed via wholly pacifistic action because non-state violence is badong

sorry for the inconvenience

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tars Tarkas posted:

related to this, I'm still at zero vote scolds who have/will volunteered for Biden's campaign when I told them to do that instead of yelling on social media

Yeah, in 2019 and 2020 it was funny because other than 1 married couple that were absolute sickos who were phonebanking for Warren, I found 0 people willing to actually volunteer for anyone but Bernie.

It doesn't even occur to these people to loving lie. It's not their job to convince you to vote for their candidate. You need to put in the work to fix whatever moral and intellectual failings are keeping you from voting properly.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

They gleefully snitched the poo poo out of every Facebook profile that so much as posted a pic of the Capitol on Jan 6 and celebrated every multi-year pre-trial indefinite imprisonment for trespassing terrorism.

And they'll gladly do it to anyone else the FBI tells them to.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

SgtMongoose posted:

They gleefully snitched the poo poo out of every Facebook profile that so much as posted a pic of the Capitol on Jan 6 and celebrated every multi-year pre-trial indefinite imprisonment for trespassing terrorism.

And they'll gladly do it to anyone else the FBI tells them to.

Complications posted:

the rules are the rules

we may not like them, but we do have to follow them until they're legally changed via wholly pacifistic action because non-state violence is badong

sorry for the inconvenience

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Liberals think they can outsource passion and effort. Like that's not their job, it's your job. They view young leftists with anger and petulance because they're not doing what they should be, being smiling hardworking volunteers to prop up the Democrats because it's what you're supposed to do.

Either that or they consider their social media scolding and whining to be getting the vote out, telling people to Vote Blue No Matter Who is supposed to actually work.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/YVindman/status/1740747150081077462?t=VONFeVrJknOWUU5hsUcryQ&s=19

Spooky Spanberger retired so that the guy who reported Trump's Perfect Phone Call can run for her seat

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

saving this guy here

quote:

Last night, Lauren Boebert announced that she is abandoning Colorado’s 3rd Congressional district and will now be running against me in Colorado's 4th (South Denver suburbs/Eastern Plains) in a last ditch attempt to save her fledgling campaign.

My name is Ike McCorkle and I am the retired Marine Corps Force Recon Officer, Purple Heart recipient, and Democrat running in Colorado’s 4th Congressional district for the past two cycles.

Since 2020 this campaign has been laying the groundwork to take back CO-04 and we are now poised to take back Colorado's 4th and rid Colorado of national disgrace Lauren Boebert once and for all.

Lauren Boebert is beyond vulnerable and has no ties to this district - we have name recognition, over 22,000 grassroots donations, and a coalition of thousands of volunteers and supporters from across the district and state. Beating Boebert on our home turf is how we finally get her out of Congress.

We are now taking on one of the GOP’s biggest fundraisers and we need to supercharge our fundraising immediately. Can I count on you to chip in $25 to help supercharge the coalition that will beat Lauren Boebert this 2024?
Israel & Palestine - Ike4CO

ike4co.com - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 posted:

Ike’s father Leon Bienn’s family is Jewish and Ike has family in Israel and in the IDF who were directly affected by and are involved in the war. The brutality and barbarism displayed by the terrorists on Oct 7th cannot be tolerated. The presence of Iranian funded terrorist Armies in Gaza and the West Bank can no longer be tolerated. A demilitarized and internationally governed stable peace must be established so that the people of Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza are no longer subject to Iranian funded terrorism.

Ike supports the creation of an independent, de-militarized state of Palestine with defined borders. We believe a negotiated resolution to the conflict serves both Israel and America’s interests and fulfills the legitimate national aspirations of the Jewish and Palestinian peoples to self-determination and sovereignty.

In this moment of crisis and war for Israelis and Palestinians, and with events on the ground and in Washington moving fast, it is extremely important for the US to be clear about where we stand, what we are advocating for, and what we are encouraging the Biden Administration and Members of Congress to do.

With a largely Jewish extended family, Ike believes in the organizational objectives of the well-financed and politically powerful, pro-Israel lobby. Ike supports J Street and AIPAC, major forces in American foreign affairs that look to continue America’s military and fiscal support of the Jewish nation-state while ensuring a lasting peace takes hold in the Middle East.

The U.S.-Israel relationship is a mutually beneficial partnership that saves lives and advances American interests and values, helps protect our troops, strengthens our economy, and addresses 21st century challenges.

1. We are committed to and support the Palestinian people and the state of Israel.

2. The future of both Israelis and Palestinians depends on achieving a negotiated resolution to their conflict that guarantees that the violation of international borders and atrocities of October 7th will never happen again.

3. Securing a peaceful future of both Israelis and Palestinians requires the eradication of funding networks that have propped up terrorist armies in Gaza and the West Bank.

4. Security guarantees and human rights must be guaranteed and upheld by all parties in a demilitarized and internationally monitored Gaza and West Bank.

We support the organizational missions of AIPAC and J Street bringing together Democrats and Republicans to advance our shared values, mission, and support for our families and loved ones in Israel. Building bipartisan support for the U.S.-Israel relationship is an American value that all of us here at Team Ike McCorkle for Colorado are proud to champion.

I am Ike McCorkle and I approve this message.

ABOUT AIPAC — America’s pro-Israel lobby — closely monitors a broad range of issues that affect the U.S.-Israel relationship. Over the past 60 years, AIPAC has built a reputation for providing reliable, credible and timely research and information for decision makers in Washington and across the country. Browse below to learn more about our key issues and AIPAC analysis.

( www.aipac.org/about )

ABOUT J STREET

J Street organizes pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans to promote US policies that embody our deeply held Jewish and democratic values and that help secure the State of Israel as a democratic homeland for the Jewish people. We believe that only a negotiated resolution agreed to by Israelis and Palestinians can meet the legitimate needs and national aspirations of both peoples.

Working in the American political system, in the Jewish community and with others with whom we share core values, we advocate for diplomacy-first American leadership and policies that advance justice, equality, peace, and democracy in Israel, in the wider region and in the United States as well.

LEARN MORE

J Street

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Isnt that guy the patriots qb

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
no that's tom br*dy

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Is he bragging about being wounded? So what? Next time don't get hit dumbass.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
With a largely Jewish extended family

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

Isnt that guy the patriots qb

Patriots are in control.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mccorkle really wants that bag

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Sylvester McMonkey McBean rear end name

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Halloween Jack posted:

https://twitter.com/YVindman/status/1740747150081077462?t=VONFeVrJknOWUU5hsUcryQ&s=19

Spooky Spanberger retired so that the guy who reported Trump's Perfect Phone Call can run for her seat
can we get a few more Curb Your Enthusiasm-affiliated candidates? Seems like we could do better than 2.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why cant the dems run better trump thread bit characters than the perfect phone call guy

scaramucci
mad dog whatshisname
a football player who was at the burger feast
stormy daniels

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

mawarannahr posted:

Ike believes in the organizational objectives of the well-financed and politically powerful, pro-Israel lobby

isn’t this the very same antisemitic trope Ilhan Omar had to apologize for?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

mark immune posted:

isn’t this the very same antisemitic trope Ilhan Omar had to apologize for?
she antisemitically referred to the first Jewish president, Benjamin Franklin.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's almost time

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
good job whoever voted for this moldbrained ogre

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1743326793266835628

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

there's a bunch of things he doesn't recognize

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022