Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Source: Times of Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/netanyahu-cancels-war-cabinet-meeting-on-post-war-gaza-planning-amid-pressure-from-smotrich/

Netanyahu cancels war cabinet meeting on post-war Gaza planning amid pressure from Smotrich
28 December 2023, 10:05 pm

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has canceled a war cabinet meeting that was supposed to be held tonight to discuss Israel’s plan for who will govern Gaza after the war.

Netanyahu has refused to hold any such meetings until now, angering the Biden administration, which argues that failure to plan for who will govern Gaza after the war will lead to the IDF being bogged down in the enclave indefinitely.

The Israeli premier’s stance has been influenced by his far-right coalition partners who have similarly rejected any discussion about PA rule in Gaza.

This leaves few if any other options, but Netanyahu has appeared committed to keeping his coalition intact and has accordingly sought to delay “day-after” discussions for nearly three months.

Shortly after tonight’s meeting was scheduled, Bezalel Smotrich’s far-right Religious Zionism party announced it was holding its own faction meeting to protest its exclusion from the discussion.

Hebrew media reports that Netanyahu has agreed to discuss the matter in a Tuesday meeting of the larger security cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

bedpan posted:

tens of millions of people really believed this. they really believed that osama himself was going to come up crawling out of a sewer, knife between his teeth, in whatever shithole town they were from.

I would simply welcome him as a liberator

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fizziester posted:

Netanyahu cancels war cabinet meeting on post-war Gaza planning amid pressure from Smotrich

Going to be hard to govern Gaza when Hamas is kicking their teeth in on the ground there and shows no signs whatsoever of giving up or pulling back.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

i say swears online posted:

the IDF is now battle-hardened after months of successful urban warfare. I encourage them to liberate Beirut

i know this is :thejoke: but Lebanon is a rural environment that's mostly hills and valleys. Beirut doesn't matter. Even if the IDF learned from Gaza, which they haven't, all that experience will be useless in the hilly farming terrain that Hezbollah has been preparing for over a decade.

there's no getting around how hosed Israel is if they try invading Lebanon, but they're too fascist at this point to even conceive of their own defeat.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lebanese all wait in line to get gas everyday, no time to defend their country, people are trying to just live. It will be up to Hezbollah if they're invaded. Israel controls the land now in Gaza, the war will wind down.

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 01:31 on Dec 29, 2023

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

fizziester posted:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has canceled a war cabinet meeting that was supposed to be held tonight to discuss Israel’s plan for who will govern Gaza after the war.

Love to measure the drapes before I even sign the lease.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HazCat posted:

Look, I know it's naive, but don't we all sometimes dream of better things being possible?

Weka posted:

I would simply welcome him as a liberator

hmm, it never occurred to me to think of things like this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

Lebanese all wait in line to get gas everyday, no time to defend their country, people are trying to just live. It will be up to Hezbollah if they're invaded. Israel controls the land now in Gaza, the war will wind down.

The gently caress they do.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lebanese are all battle hardened from going to the bank armed to teeth with withdraw their own money

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm still 50/50 on Nonsense being an old markov chain type bot.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
dang some of these jewbelong things are wild

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1740526265109741693

speng31b
May 8, 2010

rebranding Judaism wtf :pwn:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Israelis are afflicting themselves with untreatable pathogens thanks to their own colonial dictatorship - and then those Israelis will flee to the United States and bring the IDF manchild killing fungus. Not sure if you can sell the American public on the idea of treatment-resistant diseases after covid.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Most coherent sticker posted so far itt

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's the pmc-ification of genocide

which also explains the proliferation of wokescold/bodies and spaces language to serve their own needs

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Nonsense posted:

:burger:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
US denies Israel's request for Apache attack helicopters

Sources say final word not said on potential acquisition, and talks ongoing after Gallant raised matter with Austin in meeting last week

The IDF has only two helicopter flight squadrons, operating Boeing's AH-64 Apache 190 and 113. These squadrons have been conducting round-the-clock operations in Gaza since the beginning of the war.

The workload on the two squadrons has been extremely high. Air Force Commander Brigadier General Tomar Bar was requested to recall retired pilots aged 54-55 to return to active duty, even though they exceeded the accepted age limit for combat flights, which is 51. Older pilots aged 55-60 were also called up to fill operational positions on the ground.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

US denies Israel's request for Apache attack helicopters

Sources say final word not said on potential acquisition, and talks ongoing after Gallant raised matter with Austin in meeting last week

The IDF has only two helicopter flight squadrons, operating Boeing's AH-64 Apache 190 and 113. These squadrons have been conducting round-the-clock operations in Gaza since the beginning of the war.

The workload on the two squadrons has been extremely high. Air Force Commander Brigadier General Tomar Bar was requested to recall retired pilots aged 54-55 to return to active duty, even though they exceeded the accepted age limit for combat flights, which is 51. Older pilots aged 55-60 were also called up to fill operational positions on the ground.

Ah, the Ukrainification of the Israeli Air Force - things are looking up for them!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Goddamn it when is Blinken gonna fire that Austin guy? Israel needs its ‘Pachies!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Ytlaya posted:

I saw a JewBelong billboard driving into downtown Memphis.

IIRC it was something like "Hamas is your problem too" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9kJ6IJnBz0

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

I wonder how much of a bloody drawn out battle it was in the community notes group to get this on her post, lol. I know there's a lot of zionists with access from some of the absolute dogshit that's gotten through.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Why is Eve Fartlow spelled wrong

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
More Apaches to shoot at Israeli civilians on the Highway of Death.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Harik posted:

I wonder how much of a bloody drawn out battle it was in the community notes group to get this on her post, lol. I know there's a lot of zionists with access from some of the absolute dogshit that's gotten through.

She's a total dumbass but I don't think she has any reach, it's funny to see her get cyberbullied but I don't think anyone really cares about her. They should cyberbully someone that gets eyeballs imo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chillgamesh posted:

She's a total dumbass but I don't think she has any reach, it's funny to see her get cyberbullied but I don't think anyone really cares about her. They should cyberbully someone that gets eyeballs imo
those people just complain to elon directly then lol

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i know this is :thejoke: but Lebanon is a rural environment that's mostly hills and valleys. Beirut doesn't matter. Even if the IDF learned from Gaza, which they haven't, all that experience will be useless in the hilly farming terrain that Hezbollah has been preparing for over a decade.

there's no getting around how hosed Israel is if they try invading Lebanon, but they're too fascist at this point to even conceive of their own defeat.

Even the IDF basically admitted its own performance in the 2006 invasion of Lebanon was a disaster on basically every level. They went in expecting to stomp a terrorist group and ran into an actual-rear end army

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i think it's pretty telling how people will root for an ethnostate in marvel's black panther when it comes to wakanda, but are unwilling to say "israel forever" when they fight their own battle against the minions of thanos

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

i think it's pretty telling how people will root for an ethnostate in marvel's black panther when it comes to wakanda, but are unwilling to say "israel forever" when they fight their own battle against the minions of thanos

that is because wakanda was a monarchy (superior form of government) rather than democracy (inferior form of government)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
jewbelongcat

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
jewbellingcat

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
they should have got Rob Schneider on board for Jew Can Do It

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

FrancisFukyomama posted:

huh, Djibouti has the only overseas Chinese military base but also the only overseas Japanese military base

wonder if those guys have ever met

Because they're both Asian countries or some other reason?

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
OOPS already posted

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 05:36 on Dec 29, 2023

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

OctaMurk posted:

nazis seem to looove two front wars

they hate them, but the nazi has needs that can only be fixed by more lebensraum, so fronts are opened
it's not like the ubersoldats are gonna lose to the lower races, merely implying such things is treason or worse

but also israel has a right to defend itself lmao

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/wesleysmorgan/status/1740595960282275994?s=19

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

they heard the stories of the IDF soldiers dying when rushing to attaliberate palestinian children that they're fully poo poo-your-pants terrified of cries for help from the very people they're supposed to be saving

complete clownshow of a military, absolute disgrace, down to the very last member. makes the uvalde cops look like seal team 6.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sorry bibi but it looks like you're going to have to fire every member of the military so you can start over. you're first *hands you one of those bulletproof vests elon musk wore during his visit*

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

speng31b posted:

rebranding Judaism wtf :pwn:

New Ten Commandments posted:

FIFTH COMMANDMENT

End Boring Synagogue
We have attended and practically slept through so many Bar/Bat Mitzvah services wondering, not why we are losing so many Jews, but why we aren’t losing more. C’mon, rabbis! We are counting on you, and many of you are failing us. Be creative, be humorous, and be spiritual. Did you hear about the evangelical church in Corpus Christi where they gave away cars, bikes and televisions to people just for coming to Easter services? Bet you rolled your eyes. We did, too — until we watched the service on YouTube. It was fun, invigorating, inspiring! No more eye rolling!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

FrancisFukyomama posted:

huh, Djibouti has the only overseas Chinese military base but also the only overseas Japanese military base

wonder if those guys have ever met

African Peter griffin loves base maxxing. 1500 dollars per citizen but Djibouti is the ugliest city I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

this reads like an evangelical doing a how do you do fellow jews bit. i hear blowing the shofar is getting really popular in evangelical circles!