Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
One sign of a good Star Wars game is when you hold off attacking until the storm troopers finish their idle chatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

RIP Rick

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

No matter how much I played, I never got tired of killing incredibly dumb prequel droids.

It's almost meditative.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

TK-42-1 posted:

RIP Rick

He's probably fine

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

RIP Rick

From nudeweb?!

Edit: Line ‘em up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look at all these losers who were so scared of a single stormtrooper they killed him instead of just walking past him to the elevator.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Look at all these losers who were so scared of a single stormtrooper they killed him instead of just walking past him to the elevator.

He had a boss health bar. He was asking for it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I just tucked him safely away before heading out

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pouring one out for all of the innocent Stormtroopers.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I honestly believe the Empire was microwaving their brains or some poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

I honestly believe the Empire was microwaving their brains or some poo poo.

If the post Clone Wars TV show content is anything to go by, this is actually not far off.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I mean they were basically indoctrinated and trained like Hitler Youth, so

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rick was different

We can dream, dammit

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My main regret from my playthrough is being so brutal with Rick. I almost let him go...but gave in to my dark side impulses.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Fuzz posted:

I mean they were basically indoctrinated and trained like Hitler Youth, so
They can still kill you as well as cadets who joined the armed forces willingly so they get a lightsaber to the face anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I miss the old games where you could force pull a Stormtrooper's gun away and he'd be left to flail ineffectually

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ImpAtom posted:

Skippy McPants posted:

He had a boss health bar. He was asking for it.

I mainly used the blaster stance, so I shot him so fast with quick draw that I barely noticed the boss health bar/music change and went “wait, huh?” and didn’t realize what happened until I saw it being discussed IIRC in this thread.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

No matter how much I played, I never got tired of killing incredibly dumb prequel droids.

yeah, they even do the grenade juggling thing like in the movies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I mainly used the blaster stance, so I shot him so fast with quick draw that I barely noticed the boss health bar/music change and went “wait, huh?” and didn’t realize what happened until I saw it being discussed IIRC in this thread.

How dare you! Han Solo would be ashamed!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I’m glad people have turned around on the B-1 droids in the last few years. I love those silly dummies. :allears:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"Macfartknocker!"

*choom*

And yes, the B-1s are awesome wee dudes. The B-2s can forever get hosed tho.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ImpAtom posted:

How dare you! Han Solo would be ashamed!

Shoot Imperials first, ask questions later :clint:

Sentinel Red posted:

"Macfartknocker!"

*choom*

If I’m gonna be any Star Wars noise, it’s gonk.

And yes, the B1s are amazing and I loved listening to them all the time.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I’m glad people have turned around on the B-1 droids in the last few years. I love those silly dummies. :allears:

It's TPM's fault, I think. They're just too much when combined with all the other goof in that movie.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sentinel Red posted:

"Macfartknocker!"

*choom*

B-2s. All the lack of brains of a B-1 but big and tough enough to have an ego.

Still better than those BX Commando jerks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The droids are fine in a vacuum as like goofy low-budget disposable soldiers but kind of suck as the primary antagonist of the Clone Wars.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I miss the old games where you could force pull a Stormtrooper's gun away and he'd be left to flail ineffectually

They should do this, but there's a 1/100 chance of the Stormtrooper suddenly doing a bunch of insane kung-fu after you disarm him.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

They should do this, but there's a 1/100 chance of the Stormtrooper suddenly doing a bunch of insane Teräs Käsi after you disarm him.

fixed

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TK-42-1 posted:

RIP Rick

Rick was fine he was charging, but there were those stormtroopers you'd see occasionally who'd given up on guard duty and just sat down and were admiring the view. But then you have to go past them and they aggro anyway so I had no choice but to remove their head from their torso.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

There’s that one guy near the forest array (I think, I get the names mixed up) where you come up to him and basically do a uturn. I feel like that one is some kind of test to see whether or not you can stop yourself from force pushing him into the canyon he’s looking at.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I had to so I could get a seed pod. :(

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Dogen posted:

There’s that one guy near the forest array (I think, I get the names mixed up) where you come up to him and basically do a uturn. I feel like that one is some kind of test to see whether or not you can stop yourself from force pushing him into the canyon he’s looking at.

Wasn't he also complaining how bored he was oppressing the locals?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah that's less of a test and more of an opportunity

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I thought playing on the default difficulty would be too baby time and then I died ten times in a row to the rancor in the mine and its obvious tells. Whoops! Guess I will need to pay attention sometimes lol

Also Greez's bar is pretty sick, I always found the...well, everything in Fallen Order a little too sparse, so its good to see some junky, lived-in areas in Survivor, it gives it a lot more character right off the bat

I would also like games to abandon the 'can you pet the dog' trope and fully lean into 'can you use the facilities'

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dogen posted:

There's also the droid that's admiring the rainbow, although he's usually easier to accidentally aggro

Love that Cal even says "wow, he wasn't kidding" if you take out the droid and look for yourself

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Indiana_Krom posted:

Wasn't he also complaining how bored he was oppressing the locals?

Yeah it just doesn't seem right to shove an unaware opponent into a canyon, somehow, still

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dogen posted:

Yeah it just doesn't seem right to shove an unaware opponent into a canyon, somehow, still

Easy compromise. Get his attention, and then push him into the canyon when he pulls his blaster.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Skippy McPants posted:

Easy compromise. Get his attention, and then push him into the canyon when he pulls his blaster.

Jedi Master Raylan Givens

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

isk posted:

Jedi Master Raylan Givens

They literally did put bounty hunter Raylan Givens into the Mandalorian then absolutely squandered him in the terrible Boba Fett show, RIP

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Wolfsheim posted:

They literally did put bounty hunter Raylan Givens into the Mandalorian then absolutely squandered him in the terrible Boba Fett show, RIP

Spoilers He's not dead dead he was last seen in a Bacta tank IIRC. I mean that show is probably dead dead so if we were only gonna get him back in another season of BoBF then it's moot but there's a chance we see him again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dogen posted:

It's extremely funny.