Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
can't really think of anything fresh to add in terms of discussion so instead I'm just going to post one of my favorite memes that emerged in the aftermath of the Firefly Funhouse match in Wrestlemania 36;

honestly sums up who Bray Wyatt/Windham Rotunda was as a person rather well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCLf3NW2peg

Stevie Richards posted a pretty cool video remembering Terry Funk and talking about matches he had with him, breaking down some psychology and spots. It's really nice.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Between Terry, Bray and All In (Especially the Funker), The WON would be filled cover to cover with copy this week, won't it?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This just makes it worse. :smith:

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1696279231544590350?t=_fkH9f2nb52n08qiIW3UHw&s=19

Bray had a "weak lower part of the heart" due to damage from Covid. He was in the hospital last week because of it, and the morning of his death, he was at the doctor for a follow up appointment. He was given a defibrillator to wear in case of an issue. Police found it in his car.

He laid down to take a nap and never woke up. At least he went in his sleep and didn't feel any pain.

It's not a guarantee that the defibrillator would have saved him, but he would have stood a better chance.

Just one moment, one mistake, one thing slips your mind and it could be fatal. Life can be so fragile

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This just makes it worse. :smith:

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1696279231544590350?t=_fkH9f2nb52n08qiIW3UHw&s=19

Bray had a "weak lower part of the heart" due to damage from Covid. He was in the hospital last week because of it, and the morning of his death, he was at the doctor for a follow up appointment. He was given a defibrillator to wear in case of an issue. Police found it in his car.

He laid down to take a nap and never woke up.
At least he went in his sleep and didn't feel any pain.

Just one moment, one mistake, one thing slips your mind and it could be fatal. Life can be so fragile

gently caress.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1699600885070848121?s=20

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

A classic heel, his 80's runs were fantastic

His wwf run, not so much

Plus the whole went to high school with Saddam Hussein

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
RIP to a real one.

Here's a story about him going back to Iraq to wrestle for his friend Saddam (who's a loving mark that thinks wrestling is real)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy poo poo :stare:

I never knew him from anything other than his run as General Adnan as a kid, but I remember hearing his name and seeing stuff about him in magazines. Those stories are wild!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Had no idea he was Billy White Wolf. That's crazy, and a really cool story. RIP

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

MrBling posted:

RIP to a real one.

Here's a story about him going back to Iraq to wrestle for his friend Saddam (who's a loving mark that thinks wrestling is real)

What is it with despots and thinking wrestling is real?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

What is it with despots and thinking wrestling is real?

If you're the kind of person who is able to bootstrap a cult of personality into existence as an authoritarian despot then pro wrestling would look and feel very familiar to you, I imagine. Dictators and their public facing strongman personas aren't that different from a wrestler heeling it up. Having a captive audience cheering your name to deliver promos to is what propelled Trump to the presidency in 2016 (simplified) and that dumb mfer called Titan Towers to ask about vince after his limo blew up in storyline

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 7, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MrBling posted:

RIP to a real one.

There's nothing more pro wrestling than a giant hiding under the ring crying out of fear he was going to be shot and then... stayed to have a rematch the next week for 10k.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Bad News Hussein, lmfao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MrBling posted:

RIP to a real one.

making andre fear for his own life and getting him to put you over is badass

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

making andre fear for his own life and getting him to put you over is badass

Which means the only two realest wrestlers ever were Sheik Adnan and Bad News Allen.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

And hulk hogan who killed him via bodyslam in front of 200,000 screaming hulkamaniacs and then pushed his son off a roof

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

There's nothing more pro wrestling than a giant hiding under the ring crying out of fear he was going to be shot and then... stayed to have a rematch the next week for 10k.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Hey, bullets can miss you, but $10K is $10K.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

disaster pastor posted:

Hey, bullets can miss you, but $10K is $10K, boss

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Mind you that's like $75k today for one match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

1glitch0 posted:

Hey, bullets can miss you, but $10K is $10K, boss

:cheers:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

disaster pastor posted:

Hey, bullets can miss you, but $10K is $10K.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Andre when bullets:

Andre when $10,000:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Andre when bullets:

Andre when $10,000:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheBobbyFulton/status/1700542611960783055

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
No more B S :(

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Emile Dupree, Canadian wrestling entrepreneur and father of René, died.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/1728330187299832114?t=aaGhxYmWuHlhKNlWBvvmUA&s=19

wXw Germany posted:

Wir nehmen Abschied von einem der verdientesten Wrestler der wXw-Geschichte. 

Ohne jeden Zweifel ist Absolute Andy einer der bekanntesten und beliebtesten Wrestler im deutschsprachigen Raum. In seiner beinahe 20 Jahre dauernden Karriere hat Absolute Andy alle großen Titel bei wXw errungen. 16 Carat Gold Sieger, wXw Unified World Wrestling Champion, wXw Shotgun Champion, 5facher wXw World Tag Team Champion, wXw World Heavyweight Champion. Andy ist der einzige Wrestler, der all diese Erfolge in seinem Lebenslauf hat.

Über 330x hat Andy seine Stiefel für wXw geschnürt und ist gegen die Besten der Besten in den Ring gestiegen. Bryan Danielson, Hiroshi Tanahashi und Jeff Jarrett gehörten ebenso zu seinen Kontrahenten wie Walter, Ilja Dragunov und Tommy End. Seine großen Tag Teams Jay-AA, A-4, AbLas und Champions of Champions sind Teil unserer Geschichte.

Andy hat vorgestern seinen langen Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren und ist im Beisein seiner Ehefrau eingeschlafen. Wir wünschen seiner Familie und seinen Freunden viel Kraft in dieser Zeit und bitten euch, ihnen den notwendigen Abstand zu geben bis wir Andy alle gemeinsam im wXw-Ring mit dem Respekt, den seine Lebensleistung verdient, verabschieden dürfen 💔

:smith:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Posting the automated translation as well:

quote:

We say goodbye to one of the most deserving wrestlers in wXw history.

Without a doubt, Absolute Andy is one of the best-known and most popular wrestlers in German-speaking countries. In a career spanning almost 20 years, Absolute Andy has won every major title at wXw. 16 Carat Gold Winner, wXw Unified World Wrestling Champion, wXw Shotgun Champion, 5-time wXw World Tag Team Champion, wXw World Heavyweight Champion. Andy is the only wrestler to have all of these achievements on his resume.

Over 330 times, Andy has laced up his boots for wXw and stepped into the ring against the best of the best. Bryan Danielson, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Jeff Jarrett were among his opponents, as were Walter, Ilja Dragunov and Tommy End. His big tag teams Jay-AA, A-4, AbLas and Champions of Champions are part of our history.

The day before yesterday, Andy lost his long battle against his illness and fell asleep in the presence of his wife. We wish his family and friends a lot of strength during this time and ask you to give them the necessary distance until we can all say goodbye to Andy together in the wXw ring with the respect that his life's work deserves 💔

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I always enjoyed Andy whenever I dipped back into wXw, this is really sad

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Jesus Christ this one is awful. He was so young. I know his Twitter persona wasn’t for everyone but Kurt was always a joy to watch live. Heartbroken at this

https://twitter.com/revprouk/status/1740684093732368403?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

26 is no age at all, that's terrible.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Part of me wants to believe Mad Kurt is pulling a joke on all of us, but sometimes you must face the reality. RIP.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What the gently caress

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/BeyondGorilla_/status/1740698488579535323?t=yaVPNX0OTtLKG-dUYZ8JAw&s=19

Cracking photo

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Remembering that time he absolutely bodied Austin Aries

https://twitter.com/peternixonesq/status/1740714959963848783?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1740690670841688449 :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

26 is no age to go. I didn't know much of Mad Kurt but man, the stories coming out. RIP.

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1740735506168828232?t=vnhw5UwIVI_RAtvZPGQioA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hell of a thing to wake up to