Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

spacetoaster posted:

gently caress you, Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Minenfeld! posted:

This loving book. And he followed it up with a book about how Stalin started WW2.

I cant speak to that latter case but 'Sergei Sazonov and Imperial pan-slavism started WW1' is a pretty mildly spicy take unless ur deeply entente-brained.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mawarannahr posted:

this stuff is so loving depressing :(
What made Ukrainians feel hopeful in 2023

quote:

Ukraine had high high hopes for 2023

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

1. Biden's surprise visit to Kyiv
  2. ICC arrest warrant for Putin and Lvova-Belova
  3. Abducted children return home
  4. Volunteers work side by side in flooded south
  5. Azovstal defense commanders return home

6. Liberation of Robotyne
  7. Long-awaited weaponry
  8. EU accession talks
  9. Ukrainian documentary on Oscar’s shortlist

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

fits my needs posted:

1. Biden's surprise visit to Kyiv
  2. ICC arrest warrant for Putin and Lvova-Belova
  3. Abducted children return home
  4. Volunteers work side by side in flooded south
  5. Azovstal defense commanders return home

6. Liberation of Robotyne
  7. Long-awaited weaponry
  8. EU accession talks
  9. Ukrainian documentary on Oscar’s shortlist

Ukraine has already won

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

Ukraine has already won

https://x.com/clarenafo/status/1740765504053367136?s=20

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The liberation of Robotyne, a now ruined village of 500, was the highwater mark of the Ukrainian offensive

The Russians are already back on its outskirts, but I doubt anyone really cares

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
not even like a top 10 list of things to be hopeful for, stopped at 9

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
Ukraine will be winning indefinitely unto perpetuity. Slava today, Glory tomorrow. And tomorrow.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Brееgе Timе ZÖZZ🇷🇺 posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
I wonder what kind of scum recognized this unfortunate man with trisomy-21 as fit for service?

However, the one who shot this video is an absolute cretin with acquired mental retardation, a real Banderite.

I've analyzed my attitude to the Banderites bastard government over these ten years. At first there was anger and hatred, now it's just contempt and disgust.

These nits do not even deserve hatred, exterminating Banderites should be done calmly like exterminating roaches.
(from t.me/breege_time_20zz/29036, via tgsa)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

jesus loving christ

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

thats really sad

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/apmassaro3/status/1740805573455815061

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
russia cannot defeat ukraine, as long as ukraine recieves a blank check and the world's munitions output. still plenty of 50 year olds to feed to the nato blood machine

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

man that's hosed up

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Al! posted:

russia cannot defeat ukraine, as long as ukraine recieves a blank check and the world's munitions output. still plenty of 50 year olds to feed to the nato blood machine

This is guy posting putin monkey erasure

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

yeah I had to go take a shower after I watched that. I really hope it's some stupid joke or Russian misinformation or whatever and that poor dude isn't sitting in a trench right now :(

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ambassador Gunboat D. Plomacy

Secretary of State A. Blinken

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ukraine cannot fail, it can only be failed

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I give that video like a 70% chance of being fake. Russia has stepped up the video fakes recently, there were several high production value videos of fake Times Square ads, and there was a really obviously faked video of "Polish" "corpses" being piled up in a trench a week or two ago. I'd be interested if any native speakers are able to tell if the accents are wrong or if they're clearly acting.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

So basically the Russians blew up a storage facility and the Ukraine anti air landed on everything else. Got it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al! posted:

biden speaking about the united states as if it is some sort of dangerous uncontrollable animal is why hes going to lose. its just loser poo poo.

He's right.

Horseshoe theory posted:

How can the contracts remain in effect if you've defaulted on your end of the contract...? :thunk:

It means they can be sued, as opposed to the contract being cancelled so as to no longer exist.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

What the gently caress. First the IDF and now this.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

What the gently caress. First the IDF and now this.

all our heroes letting us down

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

All my faves... implicated

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Doktor Avalanche posted:

zelensky is a deep cover kremlin agent

Watch this talking point revived in 2024.

Monstrous. That poor guy. :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

need reading recommendations on the topic of the West's agenda in the former USSR post-fall and how their goal was to Balkanize Russia like they did to Yugoslavia. thank you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

operation prosperity guardian, early access edition

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the battalion of 8 guys.

If they had battlemechs those low numbers wouldn't an issue. The military industrial complex really needs to step up its offerings.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/WarNewsPL1/status/1740100529898823789

quote:

🇰🇷🇵🇱
❗️"There was a problem with the Korean purchases, I don't know who misled whom, whether it was miscalculated by Minister Blaszczak or the Koreans backed out, but a significant part of the Korean purchases was to be financed by a loan to be provided by Korea. It turned out in the finale that there was some misunderstanding. Now I don't want to put the blame on anyone, but it turned out that this Korean loan was not there, so if there are doubts about Korean contracts, it is because of what was revealed even before we won the elections." - @donaldtusk

south korea tried to do a america on the poles lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/WarNewsPL1/status/1740100529898823789

Neither of them could actually understand each other during negotiations due to language barriers and only now are both sides going "oh I thought YOU were paying".

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NieblaGuerra/status/1740428559767019861
https://twitter.com/NieblaGuerra/status/1740428563365642545

Ukraine's Defence Intelligence on forecasts of Ukraine entering Crimea in 2023: Information is also a weapon
Ukrainska Pravda
1–2 minutes

Andrii Yusov, representative of Ukraine's Defence Intelligence, has noted that information is also a weapon, commenting on the statement that the Ukrainian army would enter occupied Crimea this year.

Source: Yusov in an interview with Suspilne, a Ukrainian public broadcaster

Quote: "Information from officials, from the military and political leadership, is also a tool of influence. It's released when it's necessary, and it gets the right result. As for the specific statements, they were true. Ukrainians were in Crimea this year and this summer."

Details: The official noted that following the attacks on the Russian military headquarters on the peninsula, the Russians are trying to change, relocate and hide military infrastructure.

Background:

In September 2022, Kyrylo Budanov, Chief of Ukraine's Defence Intelligence, said Ukraine would liberate Russian-occupied Crimea by force of arms soon enough. He specified that the liberation of Crimea would be "not in the summer, but by the end of spring, perhaps a little earlier" in 2023.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Why would S. Korea lend cheap money to Poland to buy SK tanks, I say whoever needed the deal for their local election misled the press.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/dril/status/873264183281889281?lang=en

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

it'd been mentioned itt but i'm still shocked at how little the UK has given proportionally, for all the rhetoric and trashing peace talks. canada too. chickenhawk bitches lol

https://www.politico.eu/article/2023-data-figures-charts/

better schools? healthcare? UBI? impossible

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/NieblaGuerra/status/1740428559767019861
https://twitter.com/NieblaGuerra/status/1740428563365642545

Ukraine's Defence Intelligence on forecasts of Ukraine entering Crimea in 2023: Information is also a weapon
Ukrainska Pravda
1–2 minutes

Andrii Yusov, representative of Ukraine's Defence Intelligence, has noted that information is also a weapon, commenting on the statement that the Ukrainian army would enter occupied Crimea this year.

Source: Yusov in an interview with Suspilne, a Ukrainian public broadcaster

Quote: "Information from officials, from the military and political leadership, is also a tool of influence. It's released when it's necessary, and it gets the right result. As for the specific statements, they were true. Ukrainians were in Crimea this year and this summer."

Details: The official noted that following the attacks on the Russian military headquarters on the peninsula, the Russians are trying to change, relocate and hide military infrastructure.

Background:

In September 2022, Kyrylo Budanov, Chief of Ukraine's Defence Intelligence, said Ukraine would liberate Russian-occupied Crimea by force of arms soon enough. He specified that the liberation of Crimea would be "not in the summer, but by the end of spring, perhaps a little earlier" in 2023.

The beaming smile of a man who believes in his work, very happy to be the face for this narrative.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Danann posted:

powerful arsenal of grifters scamming other grifters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Friend says this is the damage a Russian missile did in Odessa. I guess it could have been a Saheed since those have smaller war heads, but to me this looks like all those Ukrainian SAMs that slam into buildings

Edit: It could be from outside Kiev, I'm forgetting where is home city was, but I was pretty sure it was Odessa