Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Hey thread, what's the best Cajun seasoning I should be tryna buy on Amazon? Can't find anything in stores.

Was gonna try to make some jambalaya before this leftover seafood and chicken from Christmas goes bad.

There’s a billion of them, but lately I’ve been enjoying Slap Ya Mama - Hot Blend. Less salty than Tony’s, but spicy enough to give jambalaya a little kick.

https://store.slapyamama.com/products/slap-ya-mama-hot-blend-seasoning-8-oz-canister?variant=33489164238934

https://www.amazon.com/Slap-Mama-Ca...ps%2C179&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BlindSite posted:

Hey thread, what's the best Cajun seasoning I should be tryna buy on Amazon? Can't find anything in stores.

Was gonna try to make some jambalaya before this leftover seafood and chicken from Christmas goes bad.

Proper southern folks might know better but for all things Cajun my go-to is Paul Prudhomme, since it’s the cookbook my mom learned from, he does a few different blends including a Seafood Magic I use for seafood gumbo every Christmas, or there’s other poultry specific ones if you’re so inclined.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thank you frens I'll hunt em down.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Slap your mama on all kids of potatoes is the bees knees so if you are a potato person I highly recommend it for that reason alone, amongst the others mentioned.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bah accidentally ordered the wrong Season brand sardines in olive oil, these got skin and bones. Still miles and miles better than the sardines I was raised on. loving Beach Cliff in water, every other one would be crunchy with eggs. My dad has had anemia/liver issues forever so it was always a tradition, he’d pop a tin a day and share with me and my brothers. This tradition is still going strong cause every time I go to snack on some fishies my kids are sitting there begging like the dog, even my picky rear end daughter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a sexual elk posted:

Bah accidentally ordered the wrong Season brand sardines in olive oil, these got skin and bones. Still miles and miles better than the sardines I was raised on. loving blue cliff in water, every other one would be crunchy with eggs. My dad has had anemia/liver issues forever so it was always a tradition, he’d pop a tin a day and share with me and my brothers. This tradition is still going strong cause every time I go to snack on some fishies my kids are sitting there begging like the dog, even my picky rear end daughter

are you aware of the Canned Fish Man on youtube

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m the canned fish man of real life, I invented the cottage cheese, sardine and Tapatio mash breakfast.

So no never heard of him

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Slap your mama on all kids of potatoes is the bees knees so if you are a potato person I highly recommend it for that reason alone, amongst the others mentioned.

Love me some taters and ways to make taters better.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like a nice can of sardines from time to time. My wife is not interested so they're all for me. Slice of sourdough, two or three very thin slices of tomato, maybe a couple three four leaves of italian parsley, cover with sardines split in half (remove the spine if you want at this point) and grind some salt and pepper on top and if you're feeling extra fancy, a few capers. Pop in the toaster oven for a few minutes and bam, amazing lunch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a sexual elk posted:

I’m the canned fish man of real life, I invented the cottage cheese, sardine and Tapatio mash breakfast.

So no never heard of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TEcIsZFTPw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My 13 year old son has almost caught me. He's grown another inch and is 5'10

He's gonna talk so much poo poo when he finally gets taller than me

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Intruder posted:

The 7 and 3 year olds both have my giant feet, big ole planks with long rear end toes. They both look just like me at their ages, so hopefully they get as tall as i got. (My family varies wildly mothers side great grand parents were 6’6” and 4’11”) one aunt is 5’3” other is 6’1”, my mom was right in the middle at 5’9”

E. The wifes a meager 5’8”

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Intruder posted:

I'm 20 years older than my sister and she's got about 3 inches on me and rubs it in all the time. I'm the oldest of 6 siblings and yet I'm also the shortest.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Tony C’s

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Tony C’s

That’s a classic and always a good standby, but there are definitely better Cajun seasoning blends out now. Try a couple of new ones. 😄

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

That’s a classic and always a good standby, but there are definitely better Cajun seasoning blends out now. Try a couple of new ones. 😄

I’m also wondering how available any of those would be in BlindSite’s upside-down.

I’m 6’5 and my wife is “normal Japanese height” so 5’6 on a good day, my side of the family have a betting pool on when our little one passes her by height-wise.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah I prob should. My mom swore by Prudhomme like any non-Louisiana 70s/80s southerner, but Tony C’s is a staple for every Louisianan I know here in SC—including the most deeply coonass Cajun I’ve ever known (think lesbian Ed Orgeron).

Slap Ya Mama is everywhere too—you recommend anything else?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah I prob should. My mom swore by Prudhomme like any non-Louisiana 70s/80s southerner, but Tony C’s is a staple for every Louisianan I know here in SC—including the most deeply coonass Cajun I’ve ever known (think lesbian Ed Orgeron).

Slap Ya Mama is everywhere too—you recommend anything else?

Piyaaah! is also ok, but I’d try the Slap Ya Mama hot first. The original version is fair, but the hot is definitely worth the $5 tryout.

LeeMajors posted:

(think lesbian Ed Orgeron)

Can’t say that I have until now, thanks. Go Tigahs.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Come talk about the joys of eating sardines in this thread.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Piyaaah! is also ok, but I’d try the Slap Ya Mama hot first. The original version is fair, but the hot is definitely worth the $5 tryout.

Will do thanks

Silly Burrito posted:

Can’t say that I have until now, thanks. Go Tigahs.

She rules. We trade a lot of poo poo talk during baseball season these days, since Florida sucks so badly at football now.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
There is zero wrong with Prudhomme seasoning. Experiment with others sure, but it is a perfectly drat fine seasoning

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The hot blend Slap Ya Mama is actually very spicy, and I say that as a person who loves spicy food. I use the hot blend very sparingly because I don't always want my food super hot. So like, if your heat tolerance is low maybe stick with the original blend.

And Tony's great as a basic Cajun seasoning and pretty easy to find. Kind of like Tabasco as hot sauce. Good gateway seasonings.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I can't remember who in here recommended Suhey Peppers (thank you), but you'll find this funny- I ordered the variety pack, ate the mild and medium, and had the hot ones in a jar at work in the fridge for months. I had them like once on a hot dog and thought "eh, a little much". So the other day I had a freezer burrito, saw the jar, and said what the hell.

Apparently they get hotter in the jar. The juice off those things could melt concrete.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

why is this so hard to find

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Apparently I left a light on in my car last night and my battery's dead this morning. Hopefully the portable charger can do the job despite being at 61%.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Android Apocalypse posted:

Apparently I left a light on in my car last night and my battery's dead this morning. Hopefully the portable charger can do the job despite being at 61%.

I have found when a car battery is completely dead, the portable chargers don't always work well. However, mine had a mode that was recommended only for totally drained batteries where it basically put all your eggs in one basket and just dumped all the energy into one blast, so maybe see if your charger has that in case it doesn't work the first go.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I got a solar trickle charger for my Sierra since we only use the thing for dump runs nowadays. And kinda bullshit we had to replace my wife’s 2021 Outback battery already, like, it’s a new car

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah I kicked my battery on an off road camping trip (trying to listen to football :doh:) and the battery pack wouldn’t start it. It was the original battery on a 2016 vehicle though so it had a good run. I think I may have actually been able to start it had I had a key instead of the push-to-start, though; it would sound like it was getting close but because the PTS stops after like 10-15 seconds it couldn’t get over the hump. Had I been able to crank a key I think it would have turned over.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'll never forget when my wife's Grand Cherokee's battery died and when I went to jump it I couldn't find the drat thing. Here it's located under the passenger seat. Why?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

why is this so hard to find

That specific brand or injecting products themselves? There’s quite a few here.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

I can't remember who in here recommended Suhey Peppers (thank you), but you'll find this funny- I ordered the variety pack, ate the mild and medium, and had the hot ones in a jar at work in the fridge for months. I had them like once on a hot dog and thought "eh, a little much". So the other day I had a freezer burrito, saw the jar, and said what the hell.

Apparently they get hotter in the jar. The juice off those things could melt concrete.

lol that was me and I’ve had almost the same experience. I stick with the original/medium ones

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cross posting from the LA thread surf's up

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1740590723584672074

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol my parents are visiting my brother in LA right now, hope they dodged that.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The one California natural disaster I don’t have to worry about haha

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

kiimo posted:

I am more impressed by that dude's speed and steadiness while backpedaling. Get that man a job holding a camera on NFL sidelines.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

swickles posted:

I am more impressed by that dude's speed and steadiness while backpedaling. Get that man a job holding a camera on NFL sidelines.

After Monday night’s safety they should be looking into giving him a red position

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

swickles posted:

All I could think was that he sounds like Randy Marsh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Kings Tide is a hell of a thing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I'll never forget when my wife's Grand Cherokee's battery died and when I went to jump it I couldn't find the drat thing. Here it's located under the passenger seat. Why?

Lots of vehicles go this route. Or the trunk. Usually weight balance reasons.

Under her hood should still be the standard red and black remote posts for jumping the car. Likely located in upper corner, covered

Edit oh Nevermind jeep did it solely because.. it pays homage to the original Jeeps having the battery under the passenger seat? Lmao that’s a terrible reason!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol throwing a party for your teen and beating the poo poo out of attendees

https://x.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1740528005678588027?s=20