Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the singles matches have been good

Megan and Giulia are really laying into each other and doing risky bumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Giulia v Megan was really good

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Megan just got star made in Stardom

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
gently caress some of the sutff in this match has been unreal

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Love mirais lariat

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

This match has certainly become very good

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Because the ppv stream hosed up and stopped on the main event Stardom uploaded it to their YouTube channel. It's at 360p right now as I think it takes YouTube some time to render HD video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPohzSffavw

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Apparently pia lost internet at the venue. This isn't stardoms fault and I think this is a good response.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Just watched it and it was good too. A real return to form by stardom from an in ring perspective and a feel good show

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

They also uploaded the semi finals too even though we were able to watch that match live, apparently the archive cuts off during the match.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

They also uploaded the semi finals too even though we were able to watch that match live, apparently the archive cuts off during the match.

The audio went out of sync for some of it.

Interesting match as an aside. It's crazy good at a certain point but I think the whole match should have been mirai working from on top as the defacto heel like okada does in njpw because the first 10 were pretty meandering.

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 29, 2023

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm beyond pissed off at about 100 different things, from the loving outage in the main event, to MIRAI losing, to AphroditE using a lovely AI image their tron but for anyone interested 3063 people turned up. Not sure if that's good by Dream Queendom standards but I kind of hope it's bad for them

Edit: I'm very salty I hope it's good

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Crapple! posted:

to AphroditE using a lovely AI image their tron

I can't believe how easy that was to tell. Not like I'm an expert on AI art but when I saw that I was like "that looks hella AI"

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

I'm beyond pissed off at about 100 different things, from the loving outage in the main event, to MIRAI losing, to AphroditE using a lovely AI image their tron but for anyone interested 3063 people turned up. Not sure if that's good by Dream Queendom standards but I kind of hope it's bad for them

Edit: I'm very salty I hope it's good

It's poor but probably not a complete disaster. It's down about 800 from last year but it's very much a card market so promotions are all over the place. Nooj "only "did 5k the last time they run ryogoku after doing over 8k for the first time in the pandemic there the time before. Even if you are like well it was the g1 final even still sakura genesis did 6.5k early in the year. Same old story basically market is cold and fans need to be convinced to come through the door

So a two match card headlined by two women who aren't exactly established mainevent talent during an insane run of high profile shows over the next few days. I think Maika and Suzu did an awesome job as an aside. This really had the potential to be a lot worse.

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 29, 2023

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It's poor but probably not a complete disaster. It's down about 800 from last year but it's very much a card market so promotions are all over the place. Nooj "only "did 5k the last time they run ryogoku after doing over 8k for the first time in the pandemic there the time before. Even if you are like well it was the g1 final even still sakura genesis did 6.5k early in the year. Same old story basically market is cold and fans need to be convinced to come through the door

So a two match card headlined by two women who aren't exactly established mainevent talent during an insane run of high profile shows over the next few days. I think Maika and Suzu did an awesome job as an aside. This really had the potential to be a lot worse.

Other than last year's Queen Dreamdom, it's on par with what they've done there. Considering the end of the year they've had, I'd consider that good.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Looks like Tam will be back soon?
https://twitter.com/kakutolog/status/1740654789388890441

Edit: Your time is POI~!
https://twitter.com/n_poi07/status/1740742573613052195

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 29, 2023

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1740741962129662394

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lol, lmao. :smith:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Based on how much Megan bayne and mariah may developed I'd go as far to say any western promotion would be moronic not to at least see if bushiroad was willing to partner up for talent exchanges. Stardom would be a great place to ship off an nxt talent with a bit of an upside but needs some quick seasoning.

I don't think bushiroad will be looking to sell anytime soon. Stardom is about the most profitable thing they own currently

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Great show. Great results. Extremely happy about the last two matches. Giulia/Megan overdelivered like crazy. IDC about WWE being interested in working with someone, they're interested in working with everyone. If it happens I'll say ahh poo poo tho.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I just watched the top four matches but they were all great. I'll check out the rest when it gets to World.

I guess they probably saved the high speed and artist title matches for January 4th.

Glad the attendance was okay because it seemed like they turned the lights down to hide empty seats.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Glad the attendance was okay because it seemed like they turned the lights down to hide empty seats.

That doesn't really mean anything. They did the same on the 5 Star Finals and that was a great number.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
As if Stardom needed any more injury problems now they're being assimilated into the knee-destroying collective

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Based on how much Megan bayne and mariah may developed I'd go as far to say any western promotion would be moronic not to at least see if bushiroad was willing to partner up for talent exchanges. Stardom would be a great place to ship off an nxt talent with a bit of an upside but needs some quick seasoning.

I don't think bushiroad will be looking to sell anytime soon. Stardom is about the most profitable thing they own currently
In theory, but it only works when the women want to learn to wrestle

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1740971581038628867?t=AOP5Ofvc4gxXgq28DqhB0w&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't issue them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry. i didn't know about the problems. I apologize. Double refund. Hi-Make-A Me Crazy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seeing Hikaru Shida mix it up with the Inaba sisters was heckin rad, even if a UWF rules match isn't the best ruleset for her talents. Asuza especially looked fantastic, she's got such great instincts for a 16 year old with 50 career matches

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1741230532363440398?t=VJ-iHFfyYYFACEMVUVG-CQ&s=19

Mayu is amazing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Everyone in the VENY, Nozaki & Shimoda vs Makoto, Yukihi & Sumire leaving together except Sumire was pretty funny. VENY even stole her bottle of champagne. Hope that's a new incarnation of Las Fresa de Egoistas

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Whenever Mayu isn't actively wrestling she ceases being able to function like a normal human being.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemYPvFeDVg

You have until January 2nd to watch this. Which is pretty cool.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dammit, Hikari's sick so they're vacating the belts again :(

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1741323297621442867

e: Daydream vs Daisy Monkey vs Aino/Aniki on the 4th is now for the belts

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 31, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SG Bamboo posted:

Dammit, Hikari's sick so they're vacating the belts again :(

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1741323297621442867

e: Daydream vs Daisy Monkey vs Aino/Aniki on the 4th is now for the belts

Wow that really sucks. I know I wasn't the only one that noticed that she was absent from the UUG (p) concert while Uta was there in full idol gear performing and got concerned.

Hopefully she'll be back sooner than later!

Was Aniki originally scheduled to appear on the 4th? If not, shout out to her for yet again being able to jump in on short notice.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Wow that really sucks. I know I wasn't the only one that noticed that she was absent from the UUG (p) concert while Uta was there in full idol gear performing and got concerned.

Hopefully she'll be back sooner than later!

Was Aniki originally scheduled to appear on the 4th? If not, shout out to her for yet again being able to jump in on short notice.

She was teaming with either Haru or Runa against Mizuki and the other child, so a fair bit got shuffled around.

Looking likely that Hikari will also miss her deathmatch on the 6th which will suck for her

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This is such a major bummer :(

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/ScottEWrestling/status/1741862940708397476

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1742051024020684811

Only vote of mine that made the top 20 was Hikari Noa vs. Sawyer Wreck.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1742051024020684811

Only vote of mine that made the top 20 was Hikari Noa vs. Sawyer Wreck.

I forget the order I voted but my 3 matches are in the top 5, very normy picks of the 10 woman tag, & 2 matches with that bloody Rabbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dear Wrestle Universe,

Yes, I need to update my credit card. Please let me do this. Why can't I do this? I thought I already did this!

Thanks!