Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

having fun with cords returns after a hiatus but with some bad news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVkscstXwE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Brian David Gilbert talks about breakfast sandwiches for 20 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrIb7RSJL2I

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got this in another thread and the iceberg thing mgiht be old hat, but shining light on weird public access tv rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igZ7C4O4Km8

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DeafNote posted:

Stegosaurus is the best dinosaur and nothing anyone says can convince me otherwise.

This is objective fact and the fact that I had a toy one I took everywhere in no way influences this opinion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also the modern day Stegosaurus looks rad as hell and not like the hideous frankensaurus made out of a dozen different fossil beds that it was presented as for a century.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I feel like I should know this, but is that thing on the end of a stegosaurus tail actually called the thagomizer, I presume in tribute to one of the greatest newspaper cartoons of all time?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It is 100% named after the Far Side comic.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Arc Hammer posted:

It is 100% named after the Far Side comic.

there's a few animals named after Larson too

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Kim Justice posted:

Does it work or not? I guess we'll never know. The important thing is that we retrobrited it.

ED: Oh dear. That's...well, embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1740637288886084070?t=SHSFxP4A0VVHdS-BTyc8_Q&s=19

She made something oddly compelling completely by accident.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
oh yeah speaking of sandwiches, my fiance and i have been watching this dead ringer for an older vinny caravella eat sandwiches from historical cookbooks. each vid is just a few minutes. they're all pretty wild and some surprisingly good. some. really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjAAONdW6U

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

fun hater posted:

oh yeah speaking of sandwiches, my fiance and i have been watching this dead ringer for an older vinny caravella eat sandwiches from historical cookbooks. each vid is just a few minutes. they're all pretty wild and some surprisingly good. some. really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjAAONdW6U

Man, this reminds me, I wish the Giant Bomb thread would return. It was nice having a one-stop way to keep up with everyone in that extended family.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

“I wish the Giant Bomb thread was back” is the biggest monkeys paw wish I’ve ever read

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Man, this reminds me, I wish the Giant Bomb thread would return. It was nice having a one-stop way to keep up with everyone in that extended family.

Oh no, did the GBS RLM thread lose to the Zack Snyder CD thread!? I learned that the two threads were at war from this one.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kim Justice posted:

Does it work or not? I guess we'll never know. The important thing is that we retrobrited it.

ED: Oh dear. That's...well, embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1740637288886084070?t=SHSFxP4A0VVHdS-BTyc8_Q&s=19

https://x.com/MastersThePen/status/1740641166096535714?s=20

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/BloodCrisisGame/status/1740481442302607614

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really don't want to listen to 12 hours of EFAPing

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

no

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Daming Quinton with faint praise indeed

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Kim Justice posted:

You should also check out RetroBytes, all-around lovely guy and computer collector who does plenty of very good tech history related videos, usually with a little bit of tinkering around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7qIl59MAQ

I can’t recommend RetroBytes enough. That guy has a really wonderful style of delivery and talks about stuff at a level of detail where I occasionally learn stuff even though I often know the overarching story. I’m glad you called him “lovely” because I’m always worried about old nerds being garbage, but the way he covered Sophie Wilson and ARM made it seem like he probably wasn’t a chud.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if quinton reviews made that video itd be 20 hours long because hed also have to recap the plot of both the joker and also every video jenny nicholson ever made

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Endorph posted:

if quinton reviews made that video itd be 20 hours long because hed also have to recap the plot of both the joker and also every video jenny nicholson ever made

Please, it'd be 20 hours long and that'd just be video 1 of a 5 part saga

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

More than one thing at a time can suck.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Y'know, in addition to all the other reasons to not like the efaps dweebs, their avatars really suck. Just so much "early 2000s gamer trying to be cool and edgy" energy to those profile pics. Also rags' little smug dog rantsona makes me want to punch the screen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't know what Every Frame a Pause is unless it's literally that, but it looks like it might be food poisoning in Youtube video form. Also EFAP is an extremely unfortunate acronym.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't know what Every Frame a Pause is unless it's literally that, but it looks like it might be food poisoning in Youtube video form.

It's Mauler's (anti-woke grifter #541) movie podcast so yeah, pretty much.

mycot fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 30, 2023

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

tracecomplete posted:

I can’t recommend RetroBytes enough. That guy has a really wonderful style of delivery and talks about stuff at a level of detail where I occasionally learn stuff even though I often know the overarching story. I’m glad you called him “lovely” because I’m always worried about old nerds being garbage, but the way he covered Sophie Wilson and ARM made it seem like he probably wasn’t a chud.

Oh yes, he's very good people indeed. He (as well as all the other folk in my post) are well away from chudsville.

---

I'm kinda (very) late to the party but I've been on a little bit of a ContraPoints kick and watching a couple of her later vids that I hadn't seen yet. The Hunger was pretty harrowing by the end, I must say. Envy might just be her best, though -- just a nice big load of information and insight presented in her...well, enviable way I guess. I'm not much of a Philosophy person at all and yet it just feels so easy to get on her wavelength, and so easy to follow? I mean, I suppose it's not bad work for a make-up vlogger. I should get around to watching some of her tangent videos as well. Perhaps the 2nd Joanne one too although I have to be honest that by now just the mention of her name makes me extremely tired and irritable.

I don't know what Every Frame a Pause is unless it's literally that, but it looks like it might be food poisoning in Youtube video form. Also EFAP is an extremely unfortunate acronym.

I wonder what the original EFAP is up to these days? Painting, that is.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 30, 2023

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQwv8ztXHE

your weekly dose of cold, hard science

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nucleic Acids posted:

More than one thing at a time can suck.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I find it hilarious Mortismal has a super edgey avatar with an angry skull, while he's just a boring dude who never swears or mentions anything political. He does one video a day, but I only pay attention to his reviews where he gets a platinum on a game that only just released. Not to eat my words, but he's too boring to be a chud or a plagiarist.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Mortismal is just a pretty benign rtwp open world rpg fan boy. Honestly a pretty good resource for that genre because it seems like he's aware of every single game in that field and is pretty sober in his reviews of them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Jenny seems to for lack of better term trigger a certain bunch of people in general. A quirky nerdy young woman that disagrees with certain opinions and legitimately does not care about it / greater nerd culture just seems like a betrayal to them. Jenny meanwhile just moves on to her next fun thing, the church plays, the themeparks, other movies she likes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jenny Nicholson honestly seems too normal and well adjusted to be a Major YouTube Content Creator.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Solo really was a terrible film. It warned me not to bother with Episode 9 because this was the direction they were taking.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm still waiting on the canonical explanation of Shmi Skywalker's last name.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Mortismal seems to genuinely have terminal collect-a-thon brain for his favorite genre, BG3-Likes. I wouldn't wish that as a curse on my enemy but G*d bless his heart

bird. fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 30, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Zedd posted:

Jenny seems to for lack of better term trigger a certain bunch of people in general. A quirky nerdy young woman that disagrees with certain opinions and legitimately does not care about it / greater nerd culture just seems like a betrayal to them. Jenny meanwhile just moves on to her next fun thing, the church plays, the themeparks, other movies she likes.
Jenny is the only internet persona where people will make up reasons to be mad at her, it's bizarre. And I don't mean that in an inane lol looks like this touched a nerve sort of way, there's that incident where someone was doctoring her tweets to look racist, and I've seen people wholeheartedly tell me that she went on a racist tirade on stream or called John Boyega a slur when there's no evidence of this. So what comes first, do you hate someone and decide they must be a secret racist to justify it, or do you come to the conclusion that someone is a secret racist and hate them for it?

The closest thing I've found to concrete proof is people being angry that she called Finn from Star Wars a janitor, but if it's racist to make the black guy a janitor, then blame Disney, because canonically he IS a janitor ("sanitation department")

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 30, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jenny Nicholson honestly seems too normal and well adjusted to be a Major YouTube Content Creator.

yeah and it makes people go insane for no reason

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Look, she's a Reylo who said she didn't like John Boyega making a comment about laying pipe. What other proof do you need?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I find it hilarious Mortismal has a super edgey avatar with an angry skull, while he's just a boring dude who never swears or mentions anything political. He does one video a day, but I only pay attention to his reviews where he gets a platinum on a game that only just released. Not to eat my words, but he's too boring to be a chud or a plagiarist.
He's the only non-resetera person I have ever seen to say anything good about Forspoken. Even if the extent of his endorsement was that he liked the earth stuff pre-fantasy world, and to maybe get it on sale for 15 dollars or less.