Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Harik posted:

tommy friedman remains incandescently stupid.

holy gently caress that’s dumb

like I’m dumb as balls and I’m pretty sure I ain’t never said anything that loving stupid

holy gently caress that was dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Chillgamesh posted:

how do people become this way

isn’t this what happens when you don’t have imposter syndrome or something?

gently caress if I know

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1740677687968936405?t=AeeqpNaJ3zthX7xTkWd-ww&s=19

Okay what is going on here because there's no way the IDF has over 500 brigades and/or 7,008 battalions

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1740677687968936405?t=AeeqpNaJ3zthX7xTkWd-ww&s=19

Okay what is going on here because there's no way the IDF has over 500 brigades and/or 7,008 battalions

the numbers are arbitrary just like their stupid paratrooper division is called the 101st

7008! *click*

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

the us army doesnt have 101 airborne divisions either

And i dont think russia has 76 guards vdv divisions

Woah could it be that armies just make up numbers??

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OctaMurk posted:

... it never actually occurred to me that militaries aren't obliged to number their units by ordinal rank

Cuz like, why call it the 86th if there's not another 85 that came before it?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in israel's case it's because the previous brigade numbers were retired like sports teams jerseys. they are all jerry rices of getting owned by hamas

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

drat 550th brigade there could just never be another one like you. dying from ieds because of a total lack of discipline and situational awareness is the kind of unquantifiable skill only your members could've brought to the game

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

439th brigade, we're retiring your number because no one else could ever fill your diapers

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
304th we'll miss your motto of "You miss 100% of the civilians you don't shoot."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
lmao @ the last several posts

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

33 years old and only a captain?

Shouldn't he be a major general at least?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Harik posted:

tommy friedman remains incandescently stupid.

what the hell is this poo poo? "oil plays only a small role in Dubai's diversified economy"?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

antipattern posted:

That's cool and all but they should know that international laws are a joke, especially when it comes to warcrimes committed by the US or its vassals. Causing material harm to Nazisrael's ability to commit genocide would be more effective than lodging a complaint at a joke court.

highlighting the blatant hypocrisy and bias of supposedly "international" institutions is a good.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

He just knows his audience.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

do y'all think obama actually held him in high regard

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Danann posted:

not going to be surprised when the israeli bots all start saying the 14 words

You'd think a state built upon a religion that has a huge important story about its people being forced to wander the Egyptian desert would have some loving introspection when trying to force it on others but I guess not.

Maybee the Gazans will get to see the burning bush in exile and return to claim Israel

National Parks has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Dec 30, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm willing to bet Hamas has a team that watches the israelis who make videos like this on twitter to specifically target them.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

bedpan posted:

what the hell is this poo poo? "oil plays only a small role in Dubai's diversified economy"?

friedman isn't just a credulous dipshit, his job is to heap insane praise on the rich perverts he is granted access to. dubai's leadership definitely wants to hear that they won't be completely abandoned when the oil dries up

National Parks posted:

You'd think a state built upon a religion that has a huge important story about its people being forced to wander the Egyptian desert would have some loving introspection when trying to force it on others but I guess not.

Maybee the Gazans will get to see the burning bush in exile and return to claim Israel

you'd think they'd be just a tiny bit more careful about using the phrase "final solution"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i say swears online posted:

do y'all think obama actually held him in high regard

absolutely

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

The US and Russian ones tend to boil down to them being ordinal or near-ordinal in the past, usually the world wars; the 101st Airborne, for example, was originally the mostly-honest 101st Infantry and just kept its number even with the new kit and training. Scattered within the system are blocks reserved for training units, officer-heavy units there to open up a few extra slots on the career ladder take the initial wave of draftees following mobilization, fictitious units meant to pad the assumed stats plausibly or be used as spy-bait, and in the case of the US the low 90s in divisions were reserved for segregated units.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

bedpan posted:

Dubai is basically a city-sized airport hotel / theme park / real estate investment scam for billionaires these days

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Our casualties are very low, but also they somehow entirely comprise famous israelis & israeli failsons

Unlike every other nepo baby unit israeli ones traditionally tie themselves to the outside of their merkava's for good luck

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Oh yeah also "Dubai has a diversified economy" relies on you not remembering that it's a member of the UAE and looking at the UAE's GDP breakdown as a whole

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

zelah posted:

I’ve tried googling some but maybe I don’t know what to look for. Does Dan Carlin suck? I enjoyed some of his history podcasts but haven’t kept track in years.

DTI, DTA

2024 will be the year of Hamas, Houthis, and Hezbollah

He's the worst and his history sucks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm the brigade of 6 dudes who are all Colonel rank.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Weka posted:

Is the Jewbelong thing really a violation of anti-proselytizing halacha? I don't think it is targeted at randoms, just Jewish people without a strong connection to their Jewish identity.
Regardless, its secular in nature. This discussion seems to be an example of the confusion inherent in using the same word for members of a religion and a related but conceptually distinct ethnic group.
Not these specifically but they've made other billboards very specifically proselytizing to goyim about how cool it is being Jewish.

Weka posted:

The Epistle to Yemen? Or something else?

Yep that!

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Yeah, I want to know how he's not at least a major (which apparently in the idf the rank more literally translates as 'master lord' lol). Like he must do nothing but poo poo on the desk of higher ranked officers or something all day every day.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Chillgamesh posted:

The system selects for writers exactly like him, he writes what the wealthy and powerful want to hear about themselves.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Hatebag posted:

he's a "leftist" that's allowed to complain about stuff by the media because he doesn't represent any actual threat to existing power structures. much like chomsky and a bunch of other impotent old shits

as parenti says, “the compatible left”

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/mercoglianos/status/1740751892446155238

speaking of which the marines are going home without a shot fired lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol couldn’t get anyone to agree with bombing Yemen

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Owlbear Camus posted:

33 years old and only a captain?

Shouldn't he be a major general at least?

he’s probably working on his second generalcy

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
well, was lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Danann posted:

"The Houthis are about to find out why Americans don't have free healthcare"

It really did not take long for Operation Prosperity Guardian to completely fall apart lmao

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

VoicesCanBe posted:

"The Houthis are about to find out why Americans don't have free healthcare"

It really did not take long for Operation Prosperity Guardian to completely fall apart lmao

yes it is extremely ftw

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm willing to bet Hamas has a team that watches the israelis who make videos like this on twitter to specifically target them.
Hubris is the gift that keeps on giving lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Oh yeah also "Dubai has a diversified economy" relies on you not remembering that it's a member of the UAE and looking at the UAE's GDP breakdown as a whole

Or that the Emir of Abu Dhabi had to bail out his brother at least once with said oil money to avoid Dubai having an embarrassing default.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Centrist Committee posted:

he’s probably working on his second generalcy

NG+ tragically cut short

Danann posted:

American warship, gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lots of arab military analysts are saying the current battle of khan younis is the decisive and probably last battle of the war, so far hamas is winning hand over fist which os why israel is literally shoving seven battalions into that meat grinder. if hamas holds on the war is settled in their favor, neither north nor south gaza will have been taken by israel.

no sources just reading on twitter.