Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The impression I got is that everyone who has eaten the worm is influenced by it, because there are now worms alive inside them, but they don't just immediately become entirely worms pretending to be a happier version of the host. Rather, it's a gradual process, albeit one that the hive mind can accelerate if the fancy strikes them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

you think gog smokes weed?

She's high on life

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Serious Gog is best Gog.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Elissimpark posted:

Serious Gog is best Gog.

i think she'd be kinda hurt to hear you say that.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

idonotlikepeas posted:

Of course, the implication on the current page is that things like this are just kayfabe, so the apparent disagreement may not be real.

I always thought that was the case. She's just doing it because it's funny. Serious Gog in particular isn't her actually being serious, she's just doing a Dave parody.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 24, 2023

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Imagine, if you will, a straight clown/goofy clown comedy duo, only below the table they’re both the appendages of a single creature.
A Statler/Waldorf hydra.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Joe Slowboat posted:

Imagine, if you will, a straight clown/goofy clown comedy duo, only below the table they’re both the appendages of a single creature.
A Statler/Waldorf hydra.

Man, it's been a few years since i listened to Meat Puppets

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Joe Slowboat posted:

A Statler/Waldorf hydra.

A false Muppet hydra of Statler and Waldorf.

It sings the siren song that makes you forget.

"Makes you forget?! With a face like that I'd want to forget everyday! Hohohohaaaa!!"

*Drags a Muppet rat down into the sewer, followed by messy noises and ripping felt*

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

idonotlikepeas posted:

There is some evidence of apparent Gog disagreement:

The hover text here is: Gog Agog, Gog Agog, and Gog Agog are pretty impressed, as you can see, however Gog Agog has seen this act before during the war and is not amused

Of course, the implication on the current page is that things like this are just kayfabe, so the apparent disagreement may not be real.

No that Gog is also impressed, but is also the Gog Agog that realizes that move will play into Salami Dave's bullshit the hardest

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Another great example of kayfabe is how she showed up to be the announcer for Dave's event and he just let her do her thing

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I think one of the alt texts or below texts mentions that during one of the previous previous tournaments, she wanted to be involved so badly she wound up subsuming the majority of the tournaments and it just became entirely Gog Agog. So Dave just gave her a job to prevent that from happening again.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If Solomon is Great Man Theory personified, what is Gog-Agog?

Many-Worms Theory :dadjoke:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The Society of the Spectacle, bread and circuses and the opiate of the masses (eating the worm).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
one under-appreciated "gog gets real" detail is after dave gets punched. the change in her personality was obvious, but she also threw away the microphone. she didn't need a speaker system to project her voice across the stadium, it was literally just a prop for her

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Joe Slowboat posted:

A Statler/Waldorf hydra.

Frampt and Kaathe

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

Another great example of kayfabe is how she showed up to be the announcer for Dave's event and he just let her do her thing

She kept eating people to try and be involved so this was the better option for everyone

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YaketySass posted:

Inside of you there are two worms. One worm is eating you. The other worm is eating you. You are being eaten by worms.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Just how hiveminded is Gog-Agog, really? Is it one persona playing all the worms as puppets, playing dolls with the facsimiles of people? Are there different personalities that merge when the supreme consciousness requires it? Are they all semi-separated and come to a consensus through a Diet of Worms?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's all one central persona. a single hand waggling a billion billion finger puppets around

e: if that post was just to make the diet of worms pun then that is understandable

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Oxxidation posted:

it's all one central persona. a single hand waggling a billion billion finger puppets around

e: if that post was just to make the diet of worms pun then that is understandable

Whomst among us

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

She's the Borg Queen

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Joe Slowboat posted:

The Society of the Spectacle, bread and circuses and the opiate of the masses (eating the worm).
Gog's pretty particular on the mass being singular.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FuturePastNow posted:

She's the Borg Queen

Smorgasborg

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

YaketySass posted:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

YaketySass posted:

Your pal, Gog-Agog!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
On an unrelated note, the pale figure gives me strong "kid Incubus watching Meti and Maya from behind a pillar as he prepares to snatch the sword" vibes.

If you don't eat the worm, Alison, someone else will.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Cio is brought back by eating the worm because, as it turns out, Gog's puppets have run into her often enough that she can impersonate her flawlessly.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if a demon has ever eaten the worm. Or could. I'm inclined to think the worm would just burn up.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

What you'd need is a mask made of worms that gets put on a hot black flame.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Over/under on the devil not being Cio but a demon inspired by both Cio and Allison that effectively makes them it's parents? I'd say it counts if it being a failed attempt at recreating Cio while drunk is what made it so.

Actually I wonder if a human and a devil (or just anyone actually since one of the parents being a devil isn't necessarily required,though including parts of the parents could help? Idunno) could effectively have a child by way of just making a mask made to represent both of them and binding it with names related to them and what they'd want to name their kid?

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 27, 2023

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Whomst among us

Wormst among us

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Over the holidays I finally got around to watching the 1997 Berserk, and am now digging into the manga.

Goddamn, those are some homages, huh

Berserk spoilers: The Eclipse made me pause to frantically show World of Gog to the gf.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YaketySass posted:

(Gog-Agog)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Why it's everyone's pal, Gog Agog!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God, that flavor story below is cool

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Bearer of the world gog agog

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That fish is definitely a gog.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
(in a Valley girl accent)

Oh. My. Gog.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
gog doesn't appear to be a fan of her favs going through body trauma plots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Meet the Gog, meet the Gog, step right up and greet Agog.