Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Jay Rust posted:

What do you guys think getting Friends'd feels like? Surely it's a pleasurable sensation

Disassociating and laughing along with someone who wasn’t ever there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Am I doing something wrong, whenever I send my Barbarian into the fray and have her surrounded by multiple enemies, the enemies just walk away during their turn and I don't get any opportunity attacks? How do I engage a group of enemies to ensure they trigger opportunity attacks when moving away?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My wife is 5 months pregnant and I’m pushing for a BG3 related name so far got it narrowed down to:

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

bird with big dick posted:

My wife is 5 months pregnant and I’m pushing for a BG3 related name so far got it narrowed down to:

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Netherbrain
Dribbles
Orin

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

When someone asks what the name of your child is, just tell them it's Oskar Fevras. Yes, the Oskar Fevras.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Qubee posted:

Am I doing something wrong, whenever I send my Barbarian into the fray and have her surrounded by multiple enemies, the enemies just walk away during their turn and I don't get any opportunity attacks? How do I engage a group of enemies to ensure they trigger opportunity attacks when moving away?

You only get one opportunity attack per turn as a reaction. If you've used your reaction for anything else, then it's not available until the next turn.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Scratch
Owlbear cub
Treato

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Check this poo poo out I just killed Mizora. Is this normal

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phlegmish posted:

Netherbrain
Dribbles
Orin

Zombie Astarion

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Shovel
Fork
Basket

e: under no circumstances should you name your child Orin.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Us

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Shovel
Fork
Basket

e: under no circumstances should you name your child Orin.

Orin will likely hold up better than parents who named their kid Khaleesi or Daenerys.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Middle name can be Bhaalspawn.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
OK so for the game to let me kill Mizora I have to attack her where Scratch and/or Owlbear will witness it, otherwise she just heals up and shrugs it off. But that makes both of them temporarily hostile, meaning owlbear leaves camp. Anyone got any ideas for how to get around this?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Arfur.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Blunt Skuncher

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

One

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Bunt Chugley, obviously the best option.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Citizen Fluffington

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Bibberbang

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

OK so for the game to let me kill Mizora I have to attack her where Scratch and/or Owlbear will witness it, otherwise she just heals up and shrugs it off. But that makes both of them temporarily hostile, meaning owlbear leaves camp. Anyone got any ideas for how to get around this?

I'm pretty sure you can't kill them in camp no matter what? The only way you can actually kill them is in Act 2 if you use the mind flayer pod to annihilate her. This is a bad idea because A. it sends Wyll to hell and B. doesn't even actually kill her, it just temporarily banishes her back to Avernus

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Pellisworth posted:

idk about specific guides but you don't need to worry about order that much, the game pretty explicitly warns you "do sidequests before advancing because this is a point of no return, do you want to proceed yes/no"

There are a few time-sensitive quests but again those are pretty explicitly timed afaik. Like in Act 3 you learn that a character will be executed in a few days.

The big one that isn't marked or indicated is Nere in Act 1. If you long rest in the Grymforge area before rescuing Nere his plot will advance without you. Which is not a big deal at all, actually.

I just encountered one that annoyed me. I found a projection of Roland at Last Light saying he's gone looking for his siblings and will be back in a ten day.

I think okay not too urgent. Nope. Long rested a couple of times and he was dead when I found him.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Never even saw the projection I just saw the combat log registering numbers and saw this idiot running into darkness.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Trying to decide on my next run

1. Throw Karlach (never done it before)
2. Maybe Bard hybrid ShadowHeart
3. Sneak Attack Astarion / Fire Wizard Gale

My Tav I wanted to see how many ways I can "owlbear from the top rope" hard encounters

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

LegoMan posted:

Trying to decide on my next run

1. Throw Karlach (never done it before)
2. Maybe Bard hybrid ShadowHeart
3. Sneak Attack Astarion / Fire Wizard Gale

My Tav I wanted to see how many ways I can "owlbear from the top rope" hard encounters

I had to read this twice to realize you meant a throwing build karlach

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I had to read this twice to realize you meant a throwing build karlach

Not if Tav is also a Barbarian

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Ebony Shadowheart https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/5476?tab=posts&BH=0

4 pages of "discussion"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I used globe to counter (act 3) Ansur's mega attack and rather than it taking two turns it went off when I cast globe. There is no rule for this in the monster's details lol.

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 30, 2023

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
As a new player combat interface is super obtuse, and especially on coop it’s super hard to even try translating when is anyone’s turn. Also is there a reason most hit percentages on enemies at low levels are between 60 and 55? Bc that poo poo just kills enjoyment.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Valtonen posted:

As a new player combat interface is super obtuse, and especially on coop it’s super hard to even try translating when is anyone’s turn. Also is there a reason most hit percentages on enemies at low levels are between 60 and 55? Bc that poo poo just kills enjoyment.

Buff with bless. It helps a lot at low levels. Giving yourself advantage via debuffs like grease, hold person, etc helps a lot as well. Sleep and Hold Person in particular will give you 100% melee hit chance, and Hold Person will even make you crit. It's very OP

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

EorayMel posted:

Not if Tav is also a Barbarian

Twin barbarians whose gimmick is using each other as improvised melee weapons.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

I just encountered one that annoyed me. I found a projection of Roland at Last Light saying he's gone looking for his siblings and will be back in a ten day.

I think okay not too urgent. Nope. Long rested a couple of times and he was dead when I found him.

I think it’s possible to get close enough to him where you trigger the timed aspect without realising it.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Throw Karlach from the Brain

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah this.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Jay Rust posted:

What do you guys think getting Friends'd feels like? Surely it's a pleasurable sensation
I assume that it feels like when you see someone waving at you and you realize it must be an old acquaintance, and you are momentarily buoyed by the feeling of being recognized and welcomed.

When it wears off, that's the feeling you get when it dawns that this person is in fact a total stranger, was waving to someone behind you, and is now giving you a look as you haplessly wave back to them. You will now have to relive this moment in the night for the rest of your life.

I mean normally I don't kill people when that happens but I understand the urge.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I mean characters know spells exist, they know you were casting poo poo on them to bend them to your will and most people really do not appreciate that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Got a Divination Wizard going now on hm. Thanks whoever had the tip about fighting the Windmill goblins from top of the houses. You can just barely reach them to start a battle with them and it is a lot easier handling them from high ground instead of right at the wind mill.

Portent dice kinda rule. Using them to guarantee successes on like Hold Person or crits etc...very nice. They're nice defensively too but I prefer not to use them that way unless I have to. Feels more impactful to use them offensively.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Legendary Resists cancel out portent rolls so keep that in mind.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Valtonen posted:

Also is there a reason most hit percentages on enemies at low levels are between 60 and 55? Bc that poo poo just kills enjoyment.

The reason is that you're just face mashing the attack button rather than using abilities, items or the environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

But then how does - you know what, never mind